Chapter 53: Recruits

I woke up the next day, smelling bacon and eggs. I yawned and looked around for Jesse. He was gone, and I noticed that I had one of his shirts on. Last time I was awake I thought I was naked. He must have changed me. I threw the covers back and shoved my hair into a ponytail. I pulled on some underwear and as a last resort, a pair of short bike shorts over the top, keeping Jesse’s shirt on. I walked out of our bedroom and followed the smell of bacon to the kitchen. I saw Jesse, Matt Dee, Mouse, Maxi and another man I had never seen before sat around our coffee table watching the cricket. The man had longish brown hair that stuck out at the sides. His face was home to a fair amount of unshaved stubble and he wore glasses. I cleared my throat and they all looked my way. I was suddenly glad I had put on those bike shorts.

“Morning guys.” I greeted them. Jesse got up and gave me a big hug and handed me a plate of bacon and eggs. I grinned. “You’re amazing Jess.” I said, with a kiss on the cheek. He blushed and I sat down next to Matt Dee. I began to dig into the food, and Jesse switched the TV off.

“Ow, Jesse!” Matty whined. I rolled my eyes and Jesse grinned.

“Alright, so everybody, I have called you here today, because Maxi, Nals and I are going to start a business called Strong. It is going to help deal with youth suicide.” He explained.

“Em came up with the awesome idea of flying to the UK to do some stuff there, since that’s where most of the Bondi rescue fans are. But we need to fundraise here first.” Maxi added on. Then both Jesse and Maxi looked at me as if it was my turn to say something.

“Oh, err, right. I thought we could use FTW,” I looked at Matt, “to help us get the message out there. We thought maybe you could send out a tee-shirt or something. Maxi is going to do the same with Badmax.” I added on. Matt nodded.

“That’s an awesome idea. All the sales on those shirts could go to you guys.” He said thoughtfully. Mouse grinned.

“I’m guessing you want me to do something like that with Bondi Zinc as well.” He said smiling. I nodded sheepishly.

“That’s cool. You guys could get 40% of the money we make.” He added on. We all smiled.

 “That’s awesome! Thanks guys!” Maxi said happily. We all laughed at his enthusiasm and Maxi blushed.

“That all sounds amazing, but what did you want me here for?” Asked the unknown man. I looked at him and he smiled. “And I believe Emilee doesn’t know who I am.” He said grinning. I blushed.

“No, sorry I don’t.” I said shyly. He leaned forward and stuck out his hand.

“My name is Ben Davies. Producer of Bondi Rescue.” He said, informing me of who he was. I grinned and shook his hand.

“Hi Ben. My name is Emilee.” I said grinning. We finished our introductions and I looked around to see all the boys staring. “What? My name is Emilee.” I said confused. Then everybody burst out laughing. Confused, I looked at Jesse who was pissing himself with laughter.

“I’m confused.” I said. Then they all started laughing again.

“Okay, Okay. We need to get down to business.” Jesse said, becoming serious again. The others followed his example, and we sat and began to discuss the plans for the first fundraiser.

“We’ll get all the boys to tweet about it, to get the message out there.” Mouse stated. I nodded.

“Yeh, and then we need to make it in a public place. It needs to be big.” I added. Ben looked at all of us thoughtfully. We sat in silence trying to think of what to do. Then I had a lightbulb moment. So did Ben and Matt Dee.

“How about a flash mob?” We all said at the same time. We looked at each other weirded out.

“That was weird.” Maxi said. I laughed and nodded.

“Lightbulb moment.” He laughed. Jesse came and sat down next to me.

“That’s a really good idea guys. But how? Most of us are very uncoordinated.” He said thoughtfully.

“True.” Matt Dee added, a hint of sadness in his voice. Suddenly my phone dinged and I picked it up, seeing a message from Kara. Gosh, I haven’t seen her in ages!

Hey, is Maxi with you? –Kara

Hey, yeh he is. Y? –Em

I put the phone down and re-joined the conversation. The guys were talking about who was more coordinated than who, and who would be good for a flash mob. My phone chimed again.

Ok. Just wondering. –Kara

That was weird. I quickly texted Kara back.

Well, we’re in a meeting for our new organisation. –Em

Oh, the one you announced at the funeral? –Kara

Yeh. Hey, do you know any dancers? –Em

I got no response straight away, so I put my phone back into my pocket and paid more attention to the conversation again.

“So what have you figured out?” I asked them. They grinned stupidly. I groaned. This cannot be very good at all.

“Well, Mouse is just making a few calls, but the plan is, we’ll get Harries to dress up in drag as a woman. She’ll be appear to be listening to her own music, but it will be playing over our loudspeaker at the tower. Then all the off-duty lifeguards, and us of course, will start dancing behind him.” Jesse explained. I grinned and squeezed his hand.

“That’s an awesome idea.” I replied, congratulating him. He blushed.

“Yeh, and then we’ll have people drop money in hats for us, if it was good and explain why we’re doing what we’re doing.” Maxi added. I high fived him.

“Genius boys. Genius.” I praised. “Who would have thought you had it in you?” I said with a cheeky grin, earning a playful slap from Matt Dee, Ben, Jesse and Maxi.

sorry its short, but I had to let you guys know what plans i had didn't i? ;)

New years is next, stay tuned and keep reading my young wattpad ninjas. XX