Chapter 88: News

Emilee POV

He stood before me and stared.

I stared back.

“How are we going to do this Jesse?” I asked. Jesse sighed and sat down where Terry had been sitting 2 minutes before.

“I don’t know Em.” He replied.

We sat in silence.

“How about we tell our sides of the story?” I suggested. Maybe I’d be able to convince Jesse to forgive me. Maybe all of this drama will be undone if he can understand where I’m coming from.

“Okay. Maybe I can ask you questions, the stuff I need to know. Then you ask me.” He edited my idea. I nodded.

This was why we’d always worked together well. We understood where the other person was coming from, and why that was their perspective. It was why our relationship worked.

“So, I’ll start I guess. Why did you… kiss Gonzo?” Jesse forced out of his mouth with utter revulsion.

“On New Year’s Eve, when you and Maxi went out to play golf and I was cooking, Gonzo came in to get some beers. I was acting icy with him, considering earlier he walked in on us… um…” I trailed off embarrassed. Considering we’d broken up I didn’t know whether I was allowed to mention what we’d done, or what Gonzo had walked in on.

“Yeh. Keep going.” Jesse said, just as awkward.

“I was angry. Then, I turned around to yell at him and he… kissed me. I didn’t kiss him back. I couldn’t push him off without sending him flying into a hot stove. Then I slapped him. I told him to stop meddling with our relationship.” I finished the story off.

“You… you didn’t kiss him back?” He asked shocked.

I shook my head.

“I…I…” Jesse stuttered.

“An apology would be nice.” I said looking up at him. Jesse was on the verge of tears.

“Emilee… this, all of this, is all of my fault! I am so sorry I left London after we’d been through so much. After we promised to not let anything ever happen again like what happened to your sister. I’m sorry I left you with the ring…” He spluttered out. Tears fell from my eyes.

“I’m sorry for being a dick and not answering your calls or letting you explain. I’m sorry I yelled and sold our home. I’m sorry for being a shitty boyfriend.” He buried his head in his hands.

I got up and walked over to him.

I moved Jesse’s hands from his face and made him look at me.

“Jesse. I forgive you. I forgive you for everything. I’m sorry I kept secrets. I’m sorry I kissed Gonzo and didn’t tell you. I’m sorry for being such a shitty girlfriend.” I apologised profusely. Jesse shook his head.

“You could never be a shitty girlfriend. You were the best I could ask for.” He told me, staring up at me with his clear blue eyes lovingly.

“And you were never a shitty boyfriend.”

We stared at each other again. Now that Jesse knew the full story, I could see that familiar glow radiating towards me from his eyes. I knew that he loved me, and always would.

Then, I gingerly sat down in his lap. Jesse cupped my face in his hands, and pulled me in for a kiss. I accepted, and soon I felt his familiar lips on mine. It was a kiss so passionate, I could never forget it. I wrapped my arms around Jesse’s neck and he rested his hands on my waist.