Chapter 15: Spinal

It was a full busy day at work. I was down on the south end with quiggers and we had pulled in so many people, it was not funny. we were sitting and watching the water when a woman in her 40s came up to us.

"Help, a man hurt his back on the rocks!" Whilst Quiggers radioed in the tower, I ran with the woman to the rocks, where the man was lying. He had dark brown curly hair and a muscular toned body.

"Hello, my name is Emilee and I am a Bondi Lifeguard. Can you tell me what happened?" I said to him as clearly as possible.

"I'm Luke I live here an I dived off the rocks and hit my head on the bank. next thing I knew, I couldn't move." tears rolled down his face.

"Ok. have you got feeling in your arms or legs now?" I asked him as Max Ashford, Gonzo and Harries arrived with Quiggers. They took over from me as they had more experience, but I couldn't help but just watch them and move people away so we could get him out.

"Nala, we're gonna have to air lift him out." I nodded and moved everybody away. once it was all clear, the chopper came and whisked Luke off to hospital. Harries patted me on the back.

"Good job Nals." I laughed.

"Thanks Harries." Harries lifted me up an carried me back to the tower and we sang my song the whole way back for our lunch break.

After lunch, I was in the tower with Taco. There was a storm coming and everybody had cleared off the beach. taco and I sat and watched as people swarmed off like bees.

"You have to ask Jesse out." Taco said suddenly.

"What?" I said shocked.

"He really likes you Emilee." I blushed.

"No he doesn't."

"He does! we can tell. he is so protective of you and whenever you laugh, he laughs."

"Taco..." I started, but was interrupted by the phone ringing. I picked it up.

"Hello this is lifeguard Emilee speaking."
"Hey it's Luke."
"Hi Luke!" He laughed at my enthusiasm.
"I just wanted to say, I am going to make a full recovery and I would love to take you out sometime." jeezus.
"Uh that's great! And sure I can but not now."
"No that's fine- just call me when you want to." we said bye and hung up. I sat back in my chair confused as to what had just happened. Taco sat there very amused.

"Well?" I broke out of my silence.

"He's going to be ok." taco nodded and left it at that. we sat in silence and I reflected on what Taco had said about Jesse liking me. Should I? Or should I wait?

SORRY THIS IS SO BAD.
NEARLY AT 1000 READS! KEEP READING PEOPLE!
ALSO, WHEN DO U GUYS WANT JESSE AND EMILEE TO GET TOGETHER?