Chapter 78: Bob's Your Uncle

hey i know it looks like a happy chappie, but uh... haha. its not. only a few more to go until everything falls into place........... i promise.

love you all xx

Emilee POV

We continued our fundraising for Strong in London. It had been one week since Jesse left, and Hoppo left yesterday. Things were starting to get quiet, although I couldn’t quite lose myself in anything without it constantly reminding me of Jesse, or something that he did. I was only hoping and praying that this pain wouldn’t drag on, and that everything would finish soon and I could go home and cuddle with Dad.

I buried my head in my hands as we went over plans for our final fundraising opportunity in London before flying back to Australia. We planned to have a massive Gala dinner with various celebrities that the One Direction boys attracted to the cause. Mouse was going through the guest list on the MacBook, and placing final arrangements.

“So, we’ve got major people on the list.” He said.

“Like who?” Maxi asked. Mouse grinned.

“Well, obviously One Direction and Michael Buble, and then yesterday I got emails from Beyoncé’s manager, Katy Perry and Coldplay who want to support the cause. They’re all bringing approximately 30 guests each, so that means so far we have 150 people from the celebrity guests, but then we already have 182 people from Headspace centres in Australia and Europe. So together we have 332 people coming.” He explained. We all whooped and cheered.

“That’s amazing! Is everybody donating?” Nicola asked. Mouse nodded.

“Yep, to get in everybody had to donate 85 Australian dollars, which is 75 American dollars and 46 British Pounds.” Mouse then showed us the donations and the conversions.

One Direction: 1380 pounds: 2545 AU dollars

Coldplay: 1380 pounds: 2545 AU dollars

Beyoncé: 2250 American dollars: 2536 AU dollars

Katy Perry: 2250 American dollars: 2536 AU dollars

Michael Buble: 2250 American dollars: 2536 AU dollars

Total: $12,698.00 AU dollars

“Whoa.” Nicola gasped.

“We’ve raised so much for Headspace!” I exclaimed. Again, we all high fived. I pulled out my laptop, and went to check our emails to make sure nobody else had donated to attend the gala. All the sadness had drifted away suddenly at the revelation of the amount of money we’d raised.

I opened the Gmail account, and apart from some junk emails, there were two more emails.

“Holy crap guys. Two more emails of donation!” I announced. Maxi, Nic and Mouse quickly ran around to see who they were from. I clicked on the first one.

To: staystrongfundraiser@gmail.com

From: 5secondsofsummer@business.com.au

Dear Strong & Co,

We heard about your cause from One Direction, with whom we have been touring with. The boys were ecstatic about this cause, and told us about it.

We wrote this email because we have donated eighty-five Australian dollars each, plus an extra 85 each for our mothers who would like to attend the gala with us.