Chapter 97: The Morning Of

Emilee POV

Down the aisle, down the aisle. All I have to do is walk straight down the aisle. Don't try anything else, don't sing, don't trip over, don't face plant and reveal the white lace panties that Charlotte picked out for me against my will. That's what my entire job requires of me. Just look in love. Which I am- that's not the hard part.

The hard part is, not absolutely shitting myself with nerves beforehand, whilst everybody preps me and gets him or herself ready.

The Morning Of

I roll over into Jesse's chest. His arms automatically wrap around me, pulling my in tighter towards him. He smells nice- like sleep and salt water. I snuggle deep into his chest and feel him slowly wake up.

"It's the day of gorgeous." He whispers into my ear. I grin and giggle.

"You know that the girls are going to come and steal me until its time right?" I asked, my voice muffled by our cuddle. He pulls me up so I am face to face to him, and our noses are rubbing slightly. I giggle and stare into his sky blue eyes, which twinkle with happiness.

"Today is the day we commemorate our love Em. I don't care for how long those girls steal you, as long as I get you for the rest of my life." Jesse told me, gently stroking my face. I nuzzled into his hand.

"I love you baby." I whispered.

"I love you more gorgeous." he replied. Then we kissed. Jesse's mouth screamed urgency as he passionately kissed me, the act showing our love for each other. all I could think about was today, I was going to be starting the rest of my life, and I will finally be permanently tied to my one true love, the man who mattered the most to me.

As I pulled away from him, there was a knock on our bedroom door.

"Come in!" I called. Dad slowly pushed the door open and poked his head in.

"Hey lovebirds, Emma and Charlotte are outside and insisting that if Jesse doesn't give Emilee to them that they'll steal her themselves."

Jess looked up in horror.

"Go baby go!" He said panicked. I laughed at my friends attitudes and their complete lack of respect for the fact we could have still been sleeping. But even so, it was my wedding day. It was the day where I had to be prepped and ready for family, friends and cameras. Especially cameras. Jesse and I decided we wanted our wedding filmed by the Bondi Rescue crew, so we could have it on tape forever.

I jumped out of bed and pulled on some denim shorts under Jesse's shirt and slipped on my thongs. then I pecked his lips.

"I'll see you at the end of the isle handsome." I said to him. He grinned.

"I love you." he said as I walked out of our bedroom. I winked.

"But I love you more."

I left out bedroom and walked downstairs. Dad gave me a hug.

"I'll see you later girly." he said to me with a tear in his eyes. I giggled.

"Are you crying Dad?" I asked with a smile.

"Ugh no. Your hair got caught." He said making excuses. I laughed.

"Sure thing Dad." I said. Then I hugged him again. Dad held me tighter than he did before we left for England and when I left after Mum died. I knew that now he knew that I was going to be gone forever, and not his little girl anymore. I belonged to someone else, and he had to see me grow up now.

"I'm just so proud of you Nals." he whispered. A tear escaped my eye.

"I'm proud too." I replied.