Chapter 46: Hot Day

I woke up on a Friday morning to find Jesse gone. He had gone to work early today and because I didn’t have to work, Mouse was taking me to try out my new board. It was Billabong and had awesome pink flames on it. I had always wanted a board just like it, and because my old one had died in that fire, Dad and boys all pitched in and bought a new one for my birthday.

I climbed out of bed and pulled on a pair of deep blue bikinis with little dots of pink and yellow and other colours. I pulled a Bintang top on over the top, and a pair of thongs. I grabbed my keys, phone and board and went into the kitchen to wait for Mouse. He was coming to pick me up and then we were going to Bronte.

I grabbed some breakfast, which was a piece of bread with some nutella spread on it. I shoved it in my mouth, and heard Mouse knocking.

“Nals, let’s go! Traffic is horrendous!” he yelled. I grabbed my stuff and ran out the door.

“Chill out Cloudy, you only have yourself to blame for the traffic.” I said grinned. Mouse rolled his eyes.

“Shut up.” He said. I smiled and put my board in the back of his Ute (A/N He actually has a Ute) and got into the front seat. Mouse put the keys in the engine and began to drive off. The temperature was steadily climbing, it was 11.00 am now and a good 32 degrees celsius. We drove slowly, moving about 2 metres every 5 minutes, and after about 40 minutes in the car, we arrived at Tama. Mouse found us a car park and we got our boards out. We walked down to the sand. There was heaps of people there, all sunbaking. The people in the water were all surfers. Mouse and I stripped off, and he gazed at my bikinis.

“Nice.” He said. I blushed.

“Thanks.” I replied. He rolled his eyes.

“Let’s go!” He said. Mouse and I ran out into the water. I jumped onto my board and we began to paddle out. I felt the chilling water on my bare stomach and shivered slightly. The water relieved the heat I had been feeling on hot days. I was taken back to Bali, where it was like this every day and I surfed non-stop. I paddled out with Mouse, and we duck dived under all the waves through the impact zone and got out the back.

“Mouse, have you go a girlfriend?” I asked him. Mouse looked at me almost a bit sad.

“No.” he replied. He smiled a bit and I patted him on the back.

“She’ll come.” I reassured him.

“So, anyway, what do you want for Christmas?” He asked me.

“I actually don’t know. I would like some money, but I have everything I need at the moment.” I replied. It was true, I had everything I had ever wished for.

A boyfriend, house, my dream job, and a bunch of amazing mates.

“What do you want?” I asked Mouse. He grinned and pushed me off my board. I swam back to the surface and saw mouse grinning at me mischievously.

“I am going to kill you Mouse!” I yelled. Mouse laughed.

“You know you love me Em!” He began to paddle for a massive wave that loomed over our heads. I grabbed my board and dived under it. When I resurfaced, I saw Mouse on the wave, showing all the beginners and backpackers how it was done.

“Rip it up!” I yelled at him. I saw him grin and fall off the wave. I burst out into a fit of laughter. Clutching my stomach and paddling and laughing at the same time, I paddled over to Mouse.

“I’d like to see you do better.” He said snarkily, his nose up in the air. I playfully hit him over the head.

“Get over yourself tough guy.” I said. Mouse smiled and rolled his eyes. He pointed at another set coming in.

“That’s yours.” He said. I checked the waves as best I could. Good six footers, nice waves with a lot of potential for fun with them. I paddled and prepared to catch the first one.

******

Mouse dropped me off at home at about six thirty. I knew the boys were going to be working late because of the hot day, so I took it upon myself to prepare a lovely dinner for my boyfriend when he got home. I dumped my board outside on the front door patio and tied my wet hair back into a ponytail. I shoved my Bintang top back on and looked around the kitchen.

Peering into the fridge, I discovered that we had some burger patties that I could cook up and some oven fries that would be easy to cook in the oven. I grinned, with a dinner plan forming in my head and grabbed my phone out, and put it onto the docking station we had on the bench and put Avicii’s album true on.

I hummed to the songs as I cooked up the patties, and danced around the kitchen.

“Life’s a game made for everyone, and love is the prize!” I sang out loud. When the burgers were cooked, I picked the pan up from the stove top and danced with over to the bench where I had plates set out with the chips warm and ready to eat. I carefully put the patties on the plate and danced back over to the kitchen humming You Make Me and dancing.

“Well there’s something you don’t see every day.” I heard somebody say. I whipped around and saw Jesse, Harrison and dad all laughing at me. I quickly turned off the music, truly mortified.

“What are they doing here?” I asked. Jesse kissed me on the cheek.

“Dropping me off babe.” He said. He wrapped his arm around my waist and held me close to him. I was actually a beetroot.

“I never knew you could dance like that.” Harrison said smirking. Dad laughed.

“Oh Ha-ha Harrison.” I said sarcastically. We all grinned.

“Ever seen her dance before this Jesse?” dad asked. Jesse smiled and held me closer.

“Yes, but not like that.” He replied. This made me blush even more. Dad and Harrison wrinkle up their faces in disgust.

“Gross.” Harrison mumbled. I smiled at them.

“Now scram. I spent ages on that dinner and it’s getting cold.” I said. Dad and Harrison shuffled out Jesse turned to me. He kissed me deeply, but I pulled away.

“Eat first Mister.” I scolded him. Jesse pouted and I looked away crossing my arms. I felt so in charge.

He is the dog, I am the MASTER!

Jesse walked over to the table and we both sat down and began to eat.

“This is good babe.” Jesse said with his mouth full. I looked up from my plate.

“Don’t talk with your mouth full.” I scolded again. Jesse raised an eyebrow.

“You’re so hot when you go all mother on me.” He said. I grinned.

“That’s it. It’s time to dance.” I said. Jesse smiled and I grabbed his hand leading him down the hall to the bedroom we shared.

I am stuck. 

I need ideas for this story.