Chapter 41: Secrets Part 2

Jesse’s face faltered. I told him about that night, I told him everything- what was going through my mind. He didn’t say anything. He just listened. Tears streamed down my face as I got to the part of the kiss. Jesse’s eyes glistened with big fat tears. I told him that Gonzo kissed me. I told him that Beardy, Deano and maybe other people knew. Jesse started to cry, and I felt his pain as I ripped his heart to shreds. Jesse let go of my hand and looked straight ahead.

“Jesse…” I pleaded with him. “I’m so sorry.” He sighed. Not saying anything, he got out of the car. I sobbed. My face red and blotchy and Jesse had tears falling down his face. He chucked the car keys at me, and yelled. He didn’t yell anything in particular, but people stared at us anyway. I pleaded with him to stop, but he didn’t. His eyes were wild with rage and I felt afraid. Gone was my loving boyfriend who was gentle and kind to me. Instead there was a man I could barely recognise, yelling and enraged, heartbroken. Then he punched out the window in the car.

“Jesse!” I gasped. He calmed down, realising what he did. Then he ran.

Jesse POV

Anger.

Fury.

Heartbroken.

Depressed.

I felt all of these things as I ran away from her. Her being the girl who was my girlfriend. Who kissed my best friend? Who kept it a secret from me? I ran towards Bondi, where I knew he was on duty. I was going to kill him. I didn’t care if it costed me my job. I didn’t care if I lost everything. I wanted revenge on him. I arrived at the tower and furiously burst open the door. Matt Dee and Maxi looked at me like I was crazy- I probably looked it.

“Where is he?” I snarled. Maxi approached me cautiously.

“Who mate?” he asked carefully.

“Troy. Quinlan.” I stuttered out his name angrily.

“Why Jess?” Matt asked.

He kissed her.” I snarled again. They sat me down.

“Who did Gonz kiss?” Maxi asked.

“Emilee.” Then I broke down. My eyes welled with tears and they spilled over. I told Maxi and matt the whole story. I buried my head in my hands. Then he burst through the door. He- the one who kissed her.

“YOU SON OF A BITCH!” I yelled. Gonzo looked taken back, but then realisation dawned on him. I got up and if it wasn’t for Maxi and Matt, he would have a much more lopsided nose. Even though, I wonder how she even got to his lips. Gonzo blushed bright red and walked towards me. All I wanted to do was punch his face off.

“Jesse, you have to listen to me.” He said calmly. Maxi managed to sit me back down. \

“Why should I?” I growled at him.

“We’re mates- you have to trust me.” Suddenly, Deano and Hoppo burst into the tower. Hoppo looked angry, and Deano looked slightly afraid.

“The two of you- my office now.” He said firmly. I got up and looked at Deano. Deano looked at me apologetically. I followed Hoppo to his office, trying to think about my future in this job if I did anything to Troy. I knew that Hop was angry, and if he had to, he might just fire us both. We sat down, and I didn’t dare look Hoppo or Troy in the eye.

“Alright. This has to stop.” Hoppo said. “Never before has another member of the team gone out to make the other feel bad. Ever.” We looked at him confused.