Chapter 34: Bondi Hangouts

HEY ALL! THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL BIRTHDAY CHAPTER FOR CODYSANGEL123! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARA XX

Jesse, Maxi and I gathered in front of my MacBook and waited for the very first bondi Hangouts of the year to begin. Next door, dad, Reidy and Hoppo were setting themselves up and arguing. 

"Old men." Maxi groaned.

"They don't know anything." I added. "How long do you think before they call us?" I asked. 

"Who knows." Jesse said. He kissed my forehead and Maxi rolled his eyes. 

"Ok loverboy, stop it. The hangout is starting in 5 minutes." Suddenly, the google plus hangout began. Jesse and I smirked at Maxi. 

"Looks like you need to brush up on your maths skills buddy." I said to Maxi playfully. He frowned and I think he tried to calculate a few things. Idiot. 

"Hello and welcome to our first official Bondi rescue Hangout of this year!" The guy introduced. (A.N if anybody knows his name plz comment). "Today we have Maxi, Jesse and Emilee-" We waved and said hi to the six lucky fans who got to hang out with us online. "And Hoppo, Kerrbox and Reidy." They waved and greeted the veiwers as well. 

"Alright lets start off with some questions. Anybody got a question for Reidy?" A girl who looked about 16 spoke up. 

"Uh yeh." She said. 

"Alright, what's your name?" (Lets call this guy Guy) Guy asked. 

"My name's Breanna. Uh, Reidy, who inspired your infamous quote from last years hangouts Big nose, Big hose?" She asked. We all cacked up laughing. Maxi and Jesse had shown me the hangouts last year, and I literally peed my pants. Seriously. Reidy was laughing so hard he fell on Kerrbox. 

"Ok, ok, um-" REidy tried to stop himself from laughing to hard. "Well you know, I kind of made it up. I had been waiting for an excuse to use it about Gonz, so yeah. We love you Gonz!" He yelled. 

"Go the Gonz!" Dad yelled out. I rolled my eyes. A boy and a girl in the middle spoke up. 

"Emilee? Is it true that Kerrbox is your dad?" They asked in perfect sync. Twins, probably. I had two friends named Thea and Nicola who were twins. They're back in Bali though. 

"Yeh it is. He's pretty cool though." I chirped happily. 

"Yeh, well we were all wondering how a pretty thing like Nals was created by a hideous beast like Box here." Jesse pointed to Dad. We all pissed ourselves laughing again. 

"I'd watch your mouth Mister." Dad threatened. "You're dating my little girl there." Jesse smiled. 

"That I am Boxy." He teased. Dad rolled his eyes. We all laughed. 

"Anybody got a question for Maxi?" Guy asked. 

"Um yes." A girl said. She looked alot like Kara. And she spoke like Kara. Shit, it was Kara!

"Kara!" Maxi stuttered, to shocked to speak. "What are you-" The others were really confused. A few girls who were in on the hangout were green with envy. Literally.

"I applied for this even before I met you Maxi." Kara explained. 

"She met him? Lucky bitch." Whispers were sent around the hangout. I decided to save Maxi. 

"Alright, so if none of you already know, this is Maxi's girlfriend- Kara." Shocked faces of the fans in on the video startled me as I said it. 

"Yeah, they met the other day." Jesse backed me up. Dad laughed. 

"Sorry girls- looks like our bachelor is taken." he said. Then my phone pinged. It was from Whippet and Gonzo. 

Hey Nals, watching the hangout, need some help? I'm single. ;)  I laughed at Whippets message and opened Gonzo's. 

I can come and save you guys with my schnoz. I laughed even harder at what Troy wrote. 

Yes, both of you come now! I wrote back. 

"Nala, why are you on your phone?" Hoppo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We're gonna have some special guests in about 3, 2, 1." I counted down and Gonzo and Whip both burst through the door.

"Hey there, Bondi fans, its Whippet-" They began to rap.

"-and Gonzo here at last!" We all pissed ourselves lauging. Kara took out her phone and filmed it from her computer.

"We're sweet and cool, and super hot, so look out because soon your boyfriends will become snots!" Alright, so their rap sucked, but they really did save our arses.

"Everybody give a warm round of applause to Gonzo and Whippet!" Guy cheered. We all clapped and they sat down next to Maxi and I pushed the laptop further away so that everybody could see all of us. "Does anybody have a question for Whippet?" Guy asked. 

"I do!" A pretty blonde in a group of girls spoke up. 

"Go for it!" Whippet encouraged. The girl took a deep breath.

"What has it been like being a sex symbol for all the girls out there?" She asked. We all laughed. Whippet grinned. 

"Well, firstly what is your name?" He asked. 

"Alli." She replied. 

"Well Alli, I get heaps of shit from these guys," He pointed to us. "and little fangirling from all you!" Alli giggled and Whippet blew her a kiss. "I love you Alli!" She blushed, and didn't stop staring at him. 

"Whippet, you have a girlfriend. And a baby." I said seriously. Whippet grinned. 

"I'm just being a silly boy Nals." He pinched my cheek and I scowled. 

"Well, I certainly hope all your girlfriends cheated on you with Mouse and Luke D back in school." I shot back. Everybody laughed. Now Whippet scowled. 

"Um, Whippet what was Emilee saying?" Guy asked. 

"Oh, I went to school with Mouse and Luke D." Everybody nodded. 

"I did nippers with Hoppo." Dad said. An eerie silence fell upon the hangout. Then we all laughed. 

"So, Gonzo, tell us about some rescues you have done." A lady asked.

“I remember a pretty close call once when we were in the tower and saw these two people going under." Gonzo said

 "I remember that- Troy sped over in the rhino and I grabbed the board and raced out and just got ‘em in time. I’ll never forget the guy looking at me and saying ‘thank you for saving my life, I was gone’. That’s one of the reasons why I love this job”. Maxi added. 

 “Yeah people are generally pretty grateful and it’s a good feeling to help people.” Gonz continued. "It feels great."

 “Like when you got given a rose after your rescue on Valentine’s Day?” I smirked.

 “Ha ha yeah… I guess so. That was pretty cool.” Gonzo replied. We all laughed again. 

"Alright, Maxi, bird_girl on twitter wants to know what inspired you to do the Mate vs Mate for the Cancer Council?" Guy asked. 

"Well my grandpa passed away last year from cancer so yeah." Maxi said forlornly. 

"And he is so sure of himself that he is going to win!" Gonzo complained. Maxi laughed. 

"Well we all know I'm going to win and you know it." Maxi retorted.

"You just keep telling yourself that mate." Jesse joked. Again, everybody laughed. 

Overall, the very first hangout of the year was a massive success! After we finished, Hoppo, Dad and Reidy came over and we all watched movies and ate popcorn. I actually never thought I'd be friends with my dad's friends, let alone work with him, but life was shaping out to be pretty good right now. Jesse kissed me lightly on the lips. 

"I love you Nals." He whispered. 

"I love you too Jesse." I whispered back.