Chapter 72: Spilt

I dressed in a tight, black dress with gold spaghetti straps at the back. Jesse wore a button up shirt and jeans, and managed to somewhat keep his eyes off me whilst I dressed. I left my long brown hair as it was, and applied only mascara. I didn’t want to be the caked-face girl who collapsed at the end of tonight. I wanted to vaguely resemble myself.

We met Hoppo, Maxi, Mouse and Nicola in the hallway, and Mouse whistled followed by a slap from Nicola and a death stare from Jesse.

“Looking good Em.” He said. Jesse wrapped his arm protectively around my waist and I chuckled.

“I wish I could say the same Mouse.” I replied. Everybody laughed and Mouse shook his head. We all left the hotel room, designating Hoppo as driver and supervisor for tonight, and prepared to get smashed.

There was a rental car waiting for us when we got down to the bottom of the hotel, and we all clambered in.

“So where are we off to Hoppo?” Nicola asked. Hoppo started the engine, and pulled of the curb.

“We are off to an ordinary nightclub. It’s not too far from here, so we’ll be all good in the case of an emergency.” He replied. We grinned and Maxi whooped.

“This is gonna be epic!!!” He yelled out the window. We laughed.

I started to contemplate my decision to drink tonight. I haven’t ever really been too drunk, except for New Year’s Eve. The night when Gonzo made a move of me again. He kissed me, then I kissed him- even though it had only been a peck on the forehead from me, his had been a full out kiss. Jesse still didn’t know. I didn’t think he’d be able to deal with it. What if everything came tumbling out again? What if I told him finally? It was just a kiss after all…

I banished the thoughts from my head as we arrived at the club. We piled out of the car, and Jesse grabbed my hand. I smiled up at him happily, knowing that even if I did get drunk, I would never want to out a secret so terrible that would potentially ruin what an amazing relationship I had now.

We lined up, and whilst waiting to get in, chatted about random stuff.

“So when we get back, what then?” Nicola asked.

“I think we continue to get our message across.” Mouse replied. Maxi nodded.

“Yeh. We can try to get gigs to speak at those beyond blue seminars and stuff, and raise money for headspace and stuff.” He added.

“Or you could do another Ride East Coast.” I suggested.

“Yeh! Except do a Ride West Coast.” Nicola added on.

“Or do something around Australia.” Hoppo recommended.

“That’s a really good idea, but it would take a while to get recognition for that.” Jesse contemplated.

“It didn’t take long for The Project to notice.” I reminded him about the interview they had on the Australian news program, The Project.

“Maybe you could get them to sponsor you or something.” Hoppo wondered.

“What if we all did it? Like a ride around Australia, but in a relay kind of way. Two people travelled up to Cairns again, and from there continue stopping and switching.” Nicola proposed.

“That’s a really good idea.” Mouse said.

“Its genius, but it will require a lot of planning.” Maxi thought.

“True.” I replied.

We reached the front of the line, showed our IDs, and were allowed into the nightclub. Jesse grabbed my hand and we made our way over to the bar to get drinks. Maxi ordered us all a beer, and although it wasn’t as good as the Aussie stuff, it was still alcohol. Nicola downed her first bottle in 5 minutes, and ordered some shots. I joined her, not being a big fan of beer, and we downed the shots.