Chapter 40: The End

Cassidy's P.O.V.

New Years Eve

Times Square

Well, today's the day when Hunter gets to perform in front of millions of people. "Cassidy, I'm so nervous." Hunter said. "Hunter, look at me." I started. "Baby, you've preformed in front of thousands of screaming fans before. What makes you think this is any different?" I asked. "Well, first off, there's going to be millions of people out there." he said. "Oh, yeah. Well besides that." I said. "Well, I don't know. What if they don't like me?" he asked. "Pshh, Hunter. They will never like you," I said trailing off. "They'll love you!" I exclaimed. "I love you Cassidy Makayla, forever and always." he said, placing a light kiss on my lips. "I love you Hunter Easton, forever and always." I said, giving him a kiss on his nose.

"Do they have coffee in this hotel?" I wondered out loud. "Yeah, it's downstairs in the lobby. Wanna go get some?" Hunter asked. "Sure, lets go!" I said walking out the door.

"Hunter, I didn't know they had a Starbucks down here!" I said smiling. "Sure they do! I make sure every hotel I stay at, has a Starbucks or some other coffee place!" he said laughing. "You're so weird!" I said, pushing him a little.

"I'll have a caramel frappe. A small." I said. "And for you sir?" the cashier asked Hunter. "I'll have a small regular coffee." Hunter ordered. "Ok coming right up!"

"Coffees for Hunter?" the cashier said. "Thanks! Keep the change." Hunter said, flashing a small smile. "So what do you want to do the rest of the day?" Hunter asked. "Well, I've never been to New York, so maybe we could walk around town before tonight." I said smiling. "Ok, we can get all the guys and Julie and Savanna together and we can fool around all day and go shopping!" Hunter said. "Exactly!" I said smiling.

"Ohh, lets go in here!" Savanna yelled, pointing to a store.

"Oh my gosh, this place has such good taste!" Julie exclaimed. "This place is amazing!" I said, already having four pairs of jeans an a pair of new converse in my hands. "Man girls, you guys know how to shop!" Devo said laughing.

We were in that store for at least three hours. I spent a good one hundred dollars. Savanna spent at least two hundred. Julie, she spent at least three hundred. "That was a good shopping trip! Now lets go eat!" Matt said, when we walked out of the store. "I agree!" Hunter said agreeing.

Hunter's P.O.V.

"Hey Hunter, do you got it?" Devo asked. "Yup, it's in my suitcase!" I said. "Ok good!" Matt said.

"Hey, y'all coming?" Cassidy asked. "Were coming!" I replied.

"You wanna eat at subway?" Savanna asked. "Sure! I'm in!" Julie said. "Cassidy, Matt, Hunter, Devo?" she asked. "I'm in." we all said.

"I love subway!" Cassidy said when we were done eating. "Me too!" Savanna said. "Me three!" Julie said. We all started laughing, and Devo said, "Guys, were eating lunch with the three musketeers!" "Hey now!" Savanna said smiling.

We were together until 9, when Cassidy and I went back to the hotel.

When back at the hotel, Cassidy and I went our separate ways to get ready. I took a quick shower and then got dressed. I chose, one of my baseball tees, a pair of skinny jeans, my converse, and my brown leather jacket.

I walked over to where Cassidy was dressed and doing her make-up. "I like your outfit!" I said smiling. "Thanks Hunt, I like yours too!" she said laughing.

There was a knock on the door. "Hunter, come on we got to go!" Devo yelled through the door.

"Lets go Hunter, I'm ready!" Cassidy said, getting her phone.

"You ready?" Matt asked, when we got down to the stage. "Yeah, I'm a little nervous, but that just means that this is actually real." I said smiling.

"Well aren't you two matching!" Sam said. "Thanks Sam. When do we go on?" I asked. "5 minutes!" Devo said excitedly. "Ok! Well, Cassidy have fun watching from back stage!" I said running to get my guitar. "Ok! Have fun out there Hunter!" Cassidy yelled, from behind me.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Put your hands together for Mr. Hunter Hayes!"

I started off my act with Light Me Up.

"I was a ferris wheel, in an empty field, where nobody goes. Had all the curtains drawn, sitting all alone, feeling like a ghost. I was a broke down heartbreak, badly in need, of a little of love's electricity. A busted carnival ride, in the middle of the night, then you flipped the switch. You turned on the show.

You light me up, like the fireworks flying on the 4th of July. Yeah. You light me up, like the sunshine blazing in the summertime. Oh, every time. You light me up.

You were the missing piece, to my broken dreams. You're bringing me back to life. You look like a movie star, just the way you are, makes me burn inside. Yeah, it's dynamite, finally finding a match. Baby, when you look at me like that.

You light me up, like the fireworks flying on the 4th of July. Yeah. You light me up, like the sunshine blazing in the summertime. Oh, every time. You light me up. Baby, you light me up. Oh, you light me up.

Like New York City, on New Year's Eve. You light me up. All the dark days left when you came to me.

You light me up, like the fireworks flying on the 4th of July. You light me up, like the sunshine blazing in the summertime.

Oh, every time.

You light me, like the fireworks flying on the 4th of July. Yeah. You light me up, like the sunshine blazing in the summertime. Baby, every time. You light me up. Baby, you light me up. Baby, you light me up. Baby, you light me up." I sang. 

"Ok so for this next song, I want my girlfriend, Cassidy to come out here and sing with me!" I said, into the microphone. 

"This song is called Wanted." I said, sitting down at my piano. 

"You know I'd fall apart without you. I don't know how you do what you do. 'Cause everything that don't make sense about me. Makes sense when I'm with you.

Like everything that's green, girl, I need you. But it's more than one and one makes two. Put aside the math and the logic of it. You gotta know you're wanted too

'Cause I wanna wrap you up. Wanna kiss your lips, I wanna make you feel wanted. And I wanna call you mine. Wanna hold your hand forever, And never let you forget it. Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted." I sang. I stopped after that verse and went over to Cassidy. 

"Cassidy, you came into my life, and I didn't know what to expect. I fell in love with your voice, your personality, and everything about you. We've done many weird things together, like hide in dressing rooms and randomly jump out at people yelling, 'We're back from Narnia!' to when we got lost in Wisconsin. I love you so much, and I hope we have many more adventures together." I said. 

Cassidy's P.O.V.

"I love you so much, and I hope we have many more adventures together." Hunter said. 

Hunter reached in his pocket and got out a little velvet box. He got down on one knee and asked, "Cassidy Makayla, will you be my wife?" 

My hands flew up to my mouth and I started to cry. I managed to shake my head yes. "I love you Cassidy Makayla, forever and always." Hunter said wrapping me in a hug. "I love you Hunter Easton, forever and always." I said.

The End

*I hope y'all enjoyed Hunter and Cassidy's adventure! I'm sad to say that their adventure has come to an end. But watch out, there might be and epilogue!*

Thank you so much for reading! I love y'all so very much!

~Cassidy