Chapter 36

~Hunter's P.O.V.~

1 week later

Well I guess today's the day we take the twins to Arizona.

"Hunna I don't want to go." Kati said. "I know Kati, I'm going to talk to your Uncle Jackson when we get there." I said. "But Eli wants to stay in Arizona. I don't!" she said. "Why don't you want to stay in Arizona?" I asked. "Because I'll miss you." "Ok I'm going to talk to Uncle Jackson and see if we can keep you."

On the plane to Arizona

"Cassidy, do you think Jackson will let us have custody of Kati?" I asked. "I don't know. Why?" "Kati dosen't want to live in Arizona, but Eli does." I explained. "Oh." was all she said.

I was done talking for now. I don't know what to do. I decided to drift off to sleep and think about all the thoughts going through my head.

"Hunter, we're about to land. Wake up." Cassidy said shaking me. "Already?" "Yes you fool." Cassidy said smiling. "Gee thanks." I said smiling.

When we got in the airport, we looked for Jackson. "Oh, there he is!" Cassidy said.

"Hey Uncle Jack!" she said. "Hey Cassidy!" he said. "Oh Eli, I missed you so much! Oh Kati, you to!" I could tell Kati didn't like that very much from the look she gave me. "Ok guys, lets go home!" Jackson said.

"Wow! Your house is HUGE!" Cassidy said in awe. "Thanks Cassidy." he said laughing a bit.

"Welcome home!" Jackson said opening the door to his house. I just stood there.

"This house is gorgeous!" I said. "Yes it is, my wife did all the decorating!" he said. "Hey Eli, Kati, why don't you go play outside." Cassidy said. "Ok!" Eli said. Kati followed, not as enthused.

"Jackson, we need to talk." Cassidy said. "Sure, lets go in here." he said motioning to the living room. "Jackson, Kati dosen't want to live here, she wants to live with us." I said. "What about Eli?" he asked. "Kati told me that Eli wants to live here." I said. "Well I guess, Kati could live with you. I mean you practically taught her almost everything about Nashville, why not live there." Jackson said. "Does that mean yes?!" Cassidy asked in surprise. "Yup, I'll give you custody over Kati, and I'll have custody over Eli. Does that sound ok?" he asked. "Yes, it sounds perfect! Thank you so much!" I said smiling. "Thank you Uncle Jack!" Cassidy said hugging him.

"Hey Kati, guess what!" I said smiling. "Um, I get to live with you?!" she asked hopefully. "You're correct!" I said hugging her. "Yay!" she screamed.

"Ok, we have the 7:50 flight back to Nashville, we better get going." Cassidy said. "Yeah, we better." I said getting Kati's bag. "Thank you so much Uncle Jack! I hope you have fun with Eli!" Cassidy said. "Oh, I will!" he said laughing.

Jackson drove us to the airport and we said our goodbyes. We got on the plane and I silently said to myself, "Thank you God for letting us bring Kati back with us." I slowly drifted of to sleep after that.

I woke up to a voice over the speaker. "Please put you seat belts on, we will be landing shortly." I reached over and woke Cassidy and Kati up. "Hey wake up were landing soon." I said.

We left the plane and went to the front of the airport. It was 1:50 in the morning, and Kati was half asleep. "Here, take her bag, and I'll carry her." I said giving Cassidy her bag. I picked Kati up and carried her out to the car.

"Cassidy, were home." I said. I went around the car to get Kati and her bag. I walked inside and put Kati on the couch. I put a blanket over her body, then I went back outside to see if Cassidy was coming. Sure enough, she fell back asleep in the car. "You're lucky I love you." I mumbled under my breath. "I heard that." Cassidy said smiling a little then falling back asleep.

I took Cassidy upstairs to our room and put her in bed. I then went and got ready for bed. "Goodnight Hunter, I love you." Cassidy said once I came back in the room. "Goodnight Cassidy, I love you too." I said as I turned the light off and crawled into bed.

"And the winner of The Voice is... Kati Hayes!"

"Hey ya'll, I want to thank you all for supporting me all through this journey. I couldn't have done it without you." she said. 

"And here is Kati performing Stay with Florida Georgia Line!"

"I'd sell my soul just to see your face. And I'd break my bones just to heal your pain.In these times I need a saving grace, but time is running out and I'm starting to lose my faith.

But if I told you I loved you, would it make you want to stay? I'm sorry for the way I hurt you and making you walk away. And if I wrote you a love song and sang it to you every day, would it ever be enough to make you wanna come back home and stay? Would it make you, make you, wanna stay?

My heart's on my sleeve, but it's turning black. Without your touch I'm not gonna last. It feels like my walls are caving in. And I'll do anything to have you here again.

But if I told you I loved you, would it make you want to stay? 'm sorry for the way I hurt you and making you walk away. And if I wrote you a love song and sang it to you every day, would it ever be enough to make you wanna come back home and stay? 

Yeah, the days are cold, the nights are long. And I can't stand to be alone. Please know this is not your fault. And all I want...

Is to tell you I love you and make you wanna stay. There's gotta be a way, 'cause going on without you is killing me everyday.

And if I wrote you a love song and sang it to you every day, would it ever be enough to make you wanna come back home and stay? Would it make you, make you, wanna stay?" 

"And that laddies and gentlemen is one talented girl. Better watch out Hunter, all the guys are going to be chasing after her now!" 

*End of dream*

I woke up and walked downstairs and made some coffee. I then took my coffee and went to my music room. I played for a good hour, then I was going to go hang out with the guys today and Cassidy would have a girls day with Julie and Savanna. I texted Matt, Devo, Sam, Andy, and Steve  and told them to meet me at the studio. "Kati, do you want to hang out with me and the guys today?" I asked her when I walked into the living room. "Sure!" she said. "Ok lets go get you dressed." I said. 

"Oh Kati, do you like this?" I said showing her and outfit. It was a pink shirt with jeans and pink converse. "Yes, yes, yes!" she exclaimed. "Ok get dressed then go wait for me in the living room." I said. 

I went upstairs and grabbed a plain white shirt, skinny jeans, my converse, and my black leather jacket. I then went and fixed my hair and brushed my teeth. 

"Kati you all ready?" I asked. "Yep!" "Ok lets fix you hair." I said. 

I put her messy blonde hair up in a messy bun in the back of her head. "There, lets head out." I said putting a note on the coffee maker for Cassidy when she wakes up.

***Hey guys! Thanks for reading my update!

Guess what! Wisconsin has like a foot of snow already, that doesn't include what already melted. So yeah, were in a heat wave right now and the high is 19!!! That's warm for Wisconsin winter weather! The high last week was -2! That was really sad. Winter hasen't even started yet and we already have below zero temperatures!

Well anyways, thanks for reading, remember to vote, comment, and read!

Love you all!

~Cassidy