Chapter 35

~Cassidy's P.O.V.~

Me and Hunter arrived at the bar and met up with Savanna and Devo. "Savanna, Rum Chatta shots on Devo! Lets go!" I said.

"3...2...1" Devo said right before we poured the drink down our throats. "That stuff never gets old!" Savanna said. "Devo you better watch her, she's a lightweight!" I told Devo.

"Were here for not even 5 minutes and you already had one shot, and have half a Alabama slammer gone!" Hunter said. "Yup! I'm not a lightweight like Savanna!" I said smiling. "You're crazy!" Hunter said.

"Come on Hunter! You have to have at least one shot tonight!" Devo said. "I'll make it a real good one."I said before I turned to the bartender. "4 shots of tequila." I said.

"Can't back out now Hunter!" Savanna said once the first shot glass was filled.

"3...2...1!" I yelled and we all drank the shot. "Lets dance Savanna!" Devo said. He was clearly already drunk along with Savanna. "Hunter, I think we should take Savanna and Devo home and we can have a party at our house. Then we don't have to drive them home. They can stay at our house. We can get Kati and Eli to stay with Scotty or Carrie." I said. "Good idea. Lets leave after this song." He said.

"Devo, Savanna, were going to my house. We have drinks there." Hunter said. "Ok!" Savanna said.

~Hunter's P.O.V.~

Gosh this was a bad idea. I'm a serious light weight!

"Hunter, you and me are taking another round of shots!" Cassidy said. "Lets take rum!" Devo yelled. 

"And go!" Savanna said. We all drank the shot. I knew I was going to be drunk in less than 3 shots.

"Cassidy lets dance!" I yelled. "Ok." she said.

"Hunter are you drunk?" Cassidy asked. "I don't know probably." I said. "Man all you guys are lightweights!" Cassidy said laughing. "Shut up." I said.

~The next morning~

I woke up and fell off something. I think it was my bed. 

I rolled over and opened my and saw Devo passed out on the floor, and Savanna passed out in the kitchen. Cassidy was passed out on the stairs.

I got up and immediately regretted it. I got a headache almost immediately. I went into the kitchen and took some Advil. By the time I walked out of the kitchen, Savanna was beginning to get up. 

"Uhh Hunter, what happened last night?" Savanna asked. "Well, Cassidy, me, you and Devo went out last night. You and Devo were pretty much drunk, so we took you guys here and I don't remember the rest." I said "Well you must already know how bad of a lightweight I am." Savanna said looking a little embarrassed. " If it makes you feel any better, I'm a serious lightweight. That's why I don't drink very often." I said. "Really?!" Savanna asked beginning to laugh. "Yup!" I said laughing.

Cassidy started to move around on the stairs.  "I think she's starting to wake up." I said motioning towards Cassidy. "Nope she's going to slide down the stairs." Savanna said 

Just like she said, Cassidy slid down the stairs and was still asleep. "Gosh she is a heavy sleeper" Savanna said. "She is only like that when she's hung over real bad." I said. 

Cassidy started to move around again. She eventually got up and rubbed her face. "Well Cassidy's finally up. Now we have to wait for your little friend." I said to Savanna. "Shut up were not even dating." Savanna said. "You're probably wishing it!" Cassidy said. "You guys are so mean to me!" Savanna said laughing. "Wanna see something funny?" Savanna asked. "Sure!" Cassidy said. 

Savanna walked over to where Devo was laying still asleep. She got down on her knees and placed her lips on his lips. I saw Devo twitch and his eyes opened just as Savanna pulled away. I looked at Cassidy and she had shock written across her face. "What just happened?" Devo asked. "I just kissed you." Savanna said smiling. "Well lets see if that's true." Devo said pulling Savanna into his lap and kissed her. 

"So does this mean you guys are officially dating?" I asked smiling. Devo looked at Savanna and then said, "Yep!" 

"Wanna have a movie day?" Cassidy asked when Scotty and Miranda brought the twins back. "Sure I can stay." Carrie said. "I guess I can stay too." Scotty said. "What movie?" I asked. "Nemo!" "Cars!" "Over the Hedge!" they all said. "Ooh tough choice. I'm going to have to choose... Over the Hedge!" Cassidy said. "Yes!" Devo yelled. "I guess Devo likes that movie." I said.

Half way through the movie and see Carrie and Scotty holing hand and cuddled up. "Cassidy, look at Carrie and Scotty." I whispered in her ear. She looked over there and smiled. "Looks like we all have someone." she said. Carrie and Scotty look at each other and smile.

 "We were going to tell you guys later, but I guess now's a good time!" Carrie said. "Carrie and I have been dating for a month already." Scotty said. "Really?" Cassidy asked. "Yup! We're touring with each other this summer to!" Carrie said. "Congrats!" I said. "Thanks Hunter!" Scotty said. 

 "Kati, Eli, dinner!" I yelled. "Coming!" they yelled. 

"Devo your tacos are the best!" Scotty said. "Thanks!" Devo said. 

*Ring* "I'll get it!" I said.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Hunter?"

"Yes it is."

"Hi Hunter, I'm Jackson. I'm the one who took Jessica in when her parents divorced. Is Cassidy here?"

"Yes she. I'll put her on."

"Cassidy, phone." I said handing her the phone. "Who is it?" "Jackson, one of your Uncles. He's the on that took Jessica in when your parents divorced." 

~Cassidy's P.O.V.~

"Hello?" 

"Hi Cassidy, it's Uncle Jackson."

"Hey Uncle Jack!"

"Cassidy, focus. You know how Jessica and Alec died in the plane crash?" 

"Sadly yes." 

"Well, Jessica told us that if anything ever happened to them so they couldn't take care of their kids anymore, we would have custody over them. I know you and Hunter have been taking care of the twins, but I think it's time for them to come home."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive Cassidy. I'm sorry if they have grown on you, but they have to come home."

"Ok Hunter and I will take them home next week. Thanks for calling." I said and immediately hung up the phone. I didn't wait for a reply, I was so sad. I went right up to mine and Hunter's room and sat on the bed. I guess Carrie followed me up there because she was standing right in front of me. 

"Cassidy, what's wrong?" Carrie asked. "That was the uncle that took care of Jessica when she was a kid. He said that he wanted the twins to come live with him." I said holding back tears. "Really? That's terrible." Carrie said. "We have to take them home next week." I said. "Where's 'home'?" she asked. "Arizona." I said.

"Cassidy, what did Jackson want?" Hunter asked when he came in the room. "He said Jessica and Alec made him legal guardian if something happened to them." I said. 

~Hunter's P.O.V.~

"He said Jessica and Alec made him legal guardian if something happened to them." Cassidy said. 

This can't be happening. Cassidy's words kept playing through my head. "When do they have to go back?" I asked. "Next week." Cassidy said with tears in her eyes again. 

I can't let these kids go home. 

I won't.

***Thank you all so very much for 1000 reads! It means so much! Thank you. Thank you! Thank you! I can't say it enough! I want to thank ally_hayniac for helping me get this far, and my best friend, juliebee_123. I couldn't have possibly gotten this far without their help. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

~Cassidy