Part Sixty-Four: It's all Beginning to Happen for Greg

This chapter is dedicated to Thomas Berryman, an accomplished author in this Wattpad parish. Thomas is currently re-editing his novel 'Paul Lantar' - an awesome futuristic story that I recommend you read. He will be delighted to hear your comments.

Part Sixty-Four

A/N: We last met up with Greg during his interview with Bank Manager Bill Courtley. Pick up with him now as he leaves the bank. Apologies for the length of the chapter for those reading on hand-helds. Stay with it, I think you'll like what you read. If not, please tell me. Tell me anyway, and if you do like it, please vote. I am aiming for a thousand votes before the end of the year for which your help is earnestly solicited. Now read on:-

Timeline: 11:06, Friday 20th April :: Outside the Bank, Bamptonville.

Greg skipped out of the bank on a rising high. Things were really starting to happen as he wished. At last, all was falling into place in spite of the difficulties placed in his way for reasons and by persons unknown. The day that started out sour was becoming good and his spirits rose with the sun over the day.

Greg stood on the sidewalk, to the side of the steps leading up into the bank and put through a call to Bill Elbury on his cell phone.  After the third ring, the now familiar voice of the accountant came on the line. After greetings Bill chortled.

“You know Greg, me and Jennifer were only talking about you a minute ago. You must’ve caught our vibes?”

“All good I hope. Is Jennifer there with you?” 

“No on both counts. So what’s happening?”

“I’ve just come out of a meeting with Bill Courtley at the Bank and I wanted to let you know the 'Ghost' account and papers are all signed up.”

"That’s good news Greg, you got time to give me a quick run down on your meeting with Bill?”

For the next few minutes Greg ran through the content of his meeting and the decisions he had made with Courtley, but only mentioned the matters that affected 'Ghost' directly. Elbury listened patiently until Greg had finished before speaking.

“That’s all good Greg, I have a few papers here for you to sign. As soon as that’s done we can bring in the cash from Kentucky, Houston and from Wayne.  They’re all cash rich, excepting for Wayne, and anxious to hand it over to you. Ha ha.”

Greg asked. “I take it the deal you did with Kentucky came good. What price did you fix at finally?”

“Well now you are asking an important question Greg, and I can say that after a great deal of hassle and sour comments, heavily laced with vitriol, we got to a satisfactory completion.”

“OK, OK, I know you’re bill will be huge so you don’t have to big it up to me. This deal included your fees; and if you forgot that, you’re getting nothing. My turn to ‘Ha Ha’ I think?”

“You can be a cruel man Gregory Vernon Mitchell; cruel that’s what you are. I got what you asked. That’s $320K plus fees. They did not like it one little bit. I’ll spare you the names they called you. Only they did keep repeating the same question to me, over and over.”

Intrigued, Greg fell for it. “What was that?”

Bill’s voice became soft and sombre as he whispered into the phone “They kept asking if your parents were ever married?”

Greg laughed from the heart expelling the remaining tension harbouring within him.

“That’s great news Bill. Well done. I see I have not entirely lost my touch. What else is there?”