Part Sixty-Three : Jess Decides.

WARNING: This chapter is mostly dialogue between two common characters using the low-life language of such persons in their conversations. It contains expletives, therefore that may cause offense. Click away if you are underage or sensitive to such language!

A/N: Jess has had his world turned upside down by the Principal who accused him of engaging in an affair with Greg and placing restrictions on him. He ran to his sanctuary at the top of the School House stairs to consider his options and make a decision about what he should do next. Now read on:

Timeline: 11:04, Friday, 20th April :: On the I-80, between Bamptonville and Lincoln

“Wait ! Hold on, I have to pull over. Don’t hang-up.” 

Kyler smirked when he recognised the excitement in Felix’s tone coming through the phone. He drummed his fingers on the wall of the WC cubicle where he sat making his call, muttering, “Come on. Come on,” as he waited for Felix to come back.

“Ye-eees!” Felix said to himself in an undertone, tossing his cell phone onto the bench seat beside him before pulling over into the emergency lane. Impatiently, he scrabbled for his phone with his left hand at the same time as he switched off the engine with his right; unintentionally pushing the phone further away.

“Damn, damn, damn,” he cursed, unbuckling his seat belt and lurching to capture the errant phone.

“You still there, Kyler?”

“Yeah, I’m still here,” Felix heard the sigh accompanying the words and did not need to hear the dull drone in the boy’s voice to know Kyler was bored. “I’m here Felix, but can’t hang around for too long. Where are you now?”

“I’m on my way to meet Charlie Vaughn at the New Springtide.”

“Charlie Vaughn … New Springtide,” Kyler spoke in a vacant drawl that infuriated Felix. He punched the bench seat and bawled into the mouthpiece.

“Wake up dammit Kyler … you ain’t been smokin’ or sniffin’ anything have you? I told you stay clean this weekend.”

“Nah, I’m clean. You mean you’re on your way to Lincoln?”

“That’s right. I’m getting the shooting schedule sorted out for Sunday with Charlie Vaughn, but never mind that. What was it you said to me before? Tell me again.”

“I said Jess came to see me, all sweetness and smiles he was and he told me he’d do the shoot on Sunday. That’s all.”

Felix could scarcely contain himself. It was exactly what he wanted to hear.

“You mean Jess really wants to do it? He came up to you and said that without you putting pressure on him. He came looking to find you and you didn’t have to go find him this time?”

“That’s a Roger.”

“Yippeee,” Felix could not hold back his excitement any longer.  He now trembled with exhilaration. Charlie Vaughn had seen clothed snapshots of Jess and had been impressed by the boy’s looks and photogenic qualities. Vaughn wanted Jess for his ‘Beauty and the Beast’ series of porn films; and had promised Felix big money with more take-ups for Jess in future productions if he could fix the boy for the part. Felix was almost panting when he replied.

“This is big-time Kyler, you sure Jess was serious? Did he really just come up to you and say he’d do it? Gimme no shit now!”

“Yeah, I said so, didn’t I? What’s the matter with you today? I gotta get going or I’ll be late in class.”

“Never mind about the damn class, d’you hear me now, I want to know what changed his mind? It’s too easy. It’s not what I expected the way he’s been dickin' around this week.”