Chapter 22

(Meadow's POV)

Eth got us t-shirts, Gray got us picture frames, I gave everyone Starbucks gift cards, Kendall got us snapbacks in our favorite colors with our initials on the front, and Max got us candy. I got my favorite, Sour Patch Kids.

     I got up from where I was sitting, taking Gray's picture frame with me, and walked up the stairs to my room, taking a sugar cookie shaped like a Christmas tree with me.

     I sat the frame on my dresser, under my memo board that had other photos. My dresser held things that were important to me. Pictures of my best friends, a keychain that I bought at a drugstore at the airport when I went on an airplane for the first time, a box filled with letter and postcards that Max and I sent back and forth when he went away for sports camp in the third grade. I'm a very sentimental person. But now, I've added a picture of, probably, the most important crush I've ever had.

The crushes that you have in elementary or middle school don't really matter. They're usually little feelings that you catch over the stupidest things, like them returning your pencil that you dropped in the hallway. Real crushes come from relationships or experiences that you've had with people that cause you to feel important or needed in life.

High school crushes, however, are tricky. Sometimes you have a crush on a person, but they have no idea you exist. Just because you haven't had any moments with them doesn't mean that those crushes don't matter. They teach you to find a person that will pay attention to you, and will do anything to get yours. If you're lucky, that person in high school that you've been eying may just find their way to you.

"Meadow, come on!" I heard my brother scream from the bottom of the stairs. "We're going to the movies."

"I'll be there in a sec," I responded, undressing myself from my PJ's.

I threw on a pair of jeans that sat on the top of a pile in my closet. I quickly pulled Ethan's t-shirt over my head, pulling my hair out of the ponytail after doing so. I put my new SnapBack on backwards, adjusting it to fit around my head. I was ready.

-

"Wait," Kendall's mom stopped us. "Before we go in I have to take a picture."

Yet again, another tradition. Every year, our parents take millions of photos of the five of us in front of the theatre, gushing over how much we've grown in the last year. Every year I frame the photo we take and it goes on my dresser, all 11 years since the 1st grade, although Kendall was added to the tradition the year after.

"Ok let us pose first," Ethan joked, putting his hand on his hip, attempting to give our parents the best Kardashian look. We all bursted out laughing at the class clown, clearly stalling.

"Ok, get serious," Sean, the twins' dad said, clearing his throats to get our attention.

"Ok, ok fine," Max said. "Kendall, jump on." He gestured for her to jump on his back and she obeyed.

The twins' looked at me, ready for me to decide who's back I was going on. I honestly didn't want to choose, so I shot Ethan a look.

He instantly caught on. "You know what," he half-heartedly admitted," you're stronger, Gray, so you're dealing with that."

     I playfully scoffed at his insult as he patted Gray on the back before walking away, whispering, "you owe me," so quietly only I could hear.

"Ready, Gray?" I turned my back to Ethan, Grayson giving me a nod.

     He stood next to Max, and I got behind him jumping on. His arms wrapped around my legs; him slightly tightening his grip around my thighs to keep me secure. Ethan then got in front of us, in between Max and Gray, kneeling down before giving the camera a gangsta pose.

     It was interesting how people so different could be so close together. I hopped off of Gray after our parents put their phones down, indicating that they were done snapping photos.

     I walked up to my mom, looking at her phone that she held in her hands. I looked at our matching hats and how we wore them. Kendall wore her's forward with a ponytail, and Eth did the same, just without the ponytail. Gray, Max, and I wore our backwards, but my hair fell from with under it, my curls running down my back. E's hat was red, K's was purple, Gray's was green, Max's was yellow, and mine was blue. Huh, I laughed to myself.

"Wait," Kendall interrupted. "You can't see our shirts."

"Yeah," I said in agreement.

"Well...picture time!" Grayson clapped his hands together before giving us jazz hands.

We all walked back to the spots we were before, except I stood next to Grayson, Kendall stood next to Max, and Ethan stood in between us, that way they could ready our matching shirts.

"Awwww," Lisa, Ethan and Grayson's mom said, fanning her fake tears with her hands. "I remember it was just yesterday when the five of you took a photo right in the same spot."

In life, you'll make traditions. With you friends, your school, but the ones that matter the most are the traditions you make with your family and your close friends, your best friends.

When the moms finished trying to snap pictures on their smartphones with the help of the dads, Grayson walked up to his mom, asking for her to send him the picture.

There was a quiet ding coming from his phone as he pulled it out his pocket, soon rapidly typing on the screen. I then heard a buzz in my back pocket, and pulled out my phone to an Instagram notification.

I opened it, revealing the picture we just took on Gray's account, each of us being tagged. I scrolled down to where he wrote: Merry Christmas everyone! I never get tired of spending every Christmas with these guys. Love you! #squad

1030 words A/N Ayyyyee Chapter 22, anyone? Anyways, please comment suggestions or whatever you want on my chapters so that I know if you guys enjoy something or want to see more. I am actually pre-writing another book. I would like to know if you want me to wait until this book is over or update both at the same time?