Chapter 18

(Meadow's POV)

     I heard a knock on my door and I instantly responded saying,"come in!" I set my phone down next to me, on my bed where I once sat, chilling and watching YouTube.

     The door swung open, revealing a grinning Cameron, (A/N The twins' sister) with a makeup bag in her hands.

"CAMMMMERRON!!!"

     I quickly hopped off of the bed and flung myself towards her, as if I was jumping on my bed after a tiring day of school. I heard her laugh and wrap her arms around me, enclosing the small space between us.

     Cameron and I have been best friends ever since we met the twins, even if she was a couple of years older. She always stood as that older sister that I never had.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned after we released each other from each other's grip.

"One, because I haven't seen you since summertime, and two, because I came here to make you look good so my brother's jaw will drop."

     My cheeks instantly felt as if I was sitting by a fire, and I looked at the ground. I looked up and saw the grin in her face before I groaned in frustration.

"Ugh, you know too?"

"Of course," she said, wrapping her arms around me again for another quick hug. "You're an amazing girl, so I'm pretty sure he likes you."

I sighed and mumbled," whatever."

     She released and said," let's get to work!" She rubbed her hands together and gave me a viscous, evil laugh, causing me to laugh.

-

"Wow.."

     I turned myself towards Cameron who stood there in awe as she stood watching me.

     We spent the whole morning pampering ourselves, and Cameron insisted on doing my hair and makeup.

     I told her I don't wear a lot usually, and she agreed, saying I didn't need much, but that I should still do something different.

     Cam then decided to straighten my hair, because she knew that I was way to lazy to do so myself. She then French braided my hair and put the braids into a side bun.

"You can look now."

     I got up from the chair where she sat me down and walked over to the mirror and admired myself.

     It was weird to see myself wearing makeup. I looked like a different person, especially considering the fact that I barely wore makeup, mostly because I was too lazy to put it on. I'm a really lazy person.

     I stood there, speechless, tears slowly beginning to find my eyes. No, I scolded. I couldn't mess up all the time and effort Cam spent on me.

     It just made me realize how lucky I was. To have family and friends that put me before themselves, and risked it all just to make me happy. I turned around and ran to Cam, who was taken back in surprise as I wrapped my arms around her neck, tackling her o the ground. "Thank you," I whispered, smiling at the sound of her laugh.

"No problem," she giggled, slightly pushing me off of her.

    We both got up from the wooden floor and Cam quickly dusted off her jeans. She gave me one last look and smile before saying, " I'm going to leave now so I can go get ready and so that I can see the finished look at the party."

     I laughed at her comment and gave her another quick hug before she grabbed her makeup bag off of the dresser in my room. She started walking out the room before she turned around and said, "Don't mess up your makeup!" I playfully rolled my eyes as I heard the door click shut.

-

     I had been watching the clock for the past 30 minutes and it was finally time to get dressed.

     I opened the closet, revealing my already ironed dress from the night before. I quickly slipped it on before smoothing out the tiny wrinkles with my hands.

     I slipped on the high heel sneakers, that patiently awaited my presence by the front door. I buckled my watch around my wrist and tightened it so that it wouldn't fly off. I then reached for my wallet that was next to where my watch once was and laced my fingers around it carefully.

     Just as I walked back to the mirror to check my appearance, the door opened, revealing my dad, who stood there in a forest green button down and black slacks. "Are you ready?"

     I didn't turn around because I could see him watching me through the mirror and hummed," mmmhmmm..."

"Ok we'll be waiting for you in the car."

     I spun around and said,"Oh dad," stopping him before he walked down the hallway. He turned and looked at me, raising his eyebrows to me.

"You're looking sharp." He gave me a small smile and a wink before his face disappeared from the doorway and his dress shoes clicked down the hallway.

I quickly smoothed out the skirt of my dress, once again, before walking towards the door, grabbing my phone on the way.

-

Max quickly raced to the door, ringing the doorbell, probably eager to see Kendall and her stunning eyes. I walked behind him at a slower pace, and saw him straighten out his shirt and adjust his tie. I placed my arm on his shoulder and he turned around, giving me a small smile after reading the expression on my face.

He was nervous. Today was the day he was supposed to meet Kendall's parents as her boyfriend, instead of her best friend's brother. He had nothing to worry about. If her parents love me, they should love him, too. I mean, we're kinda like the same person, right?

The door opened a few seconds later, revealing Mrs. Dallas, who looked elegant in a scarlet red dress. "Awwww," she began, instantly rushing us into a hug. "You guys have grown so much!"

She released us and turned her attention to Max before gushing," oh Max, you're so handsome!" She then turned her focus towards me and screamed," Meadow, you're so beautiful!!!"

I gave her a small laugh before thanking her as I heard footsteps coming up from behind us. I quickly turned my head and my parents walked up to the front door, holding hands, smiling.

"Mom, who's there?" I heard a teenage boy ask, revealing a good-looking Cameron Dallas.

1072 words A/N Ayyyyyyeee 18 chapters!!!! Oh and um... ya'll are INSANE!!! 220 views?!?!? I'm gonna pass out and die!!! I love you guys so much!!