Chapter 13

(Meadow's POV)

My eyes shot open to find myself snuggled up in my bed covered with my comforter. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, attempting to recall how I got here. Last thing I remember was I was at the Dolan residence. I felt an aching in my stomach and looked down to see myself wearing a sweatshirt and a pair of shorts that I didn't own. I instantly remembered that Grayson gave these to me, which made me remember why he gave them to me. I lifted up his sweatshirt and t-shirt to reveal dark purple bruise on my stomach.

I thought about Grayson and how he helped. He was so sweet and kind to me yesterday. I loved the warmth of his hugs and the feeling of my hands in his. Just the thought of him gave me butterflies. I shuttered in realization that I was thinking of Grayson in such a positive way. I think something was wrong. I decided to do whatever I usually do when I needed to clear my mind. Go for a jog.

I got out of bed and striped myself from Grayson and Cameron's clothes. I'll throw those in the wash. I threw on a pair of leggings with a loose tank top and put a sweatshirt over it, considering the fact that it was still cold outside. I put on my Roshes and made sure to put on deodorant to keep myself from smelling.

I took my messy hair out of the bun it was in from yesterday and put it all in a high ponytail. A quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face with a washcloth. In a few minutes, I grabbed my phone and earbuds off my nightstand and was out the door.

-

I had stopped at the local dock closer to town and sat at the edge, my legs dangling, staring out at the ocean. I had done a one hour jog and decided to take a break. I like to sit here and clear my mind. To stare at the blues of the ocean and and the blues of the sky. To let my mind wander as far as the ocean goes. But for some reason, the only thing on my mind was Grayson. I hated him with a deep passion, but now I can't get him out my mind. "Hey."

"Hi," I squeaked out as soon as I looked up and saw Grayson standing behind me, his hands shoved in his pockets. I turned back to look at the ocean and saw he had sat down next to me out of the corner of my eye. "What are you doing here?" I asked glancing at the profile of his face.

"I like to come here and think," he shrugged, not looking at me. I just nodded and turned my attention back to the water, fumbling with my fingers.

"How did you sleep?" He asked.

"Fine," I said. "Oh, and I'm sorry."

"What for?" He turned to me.

"For ruining your birthday," replied, so quietly that he could barely hear me. I felt a finger lift up my chin and my eyes instantly connected with Grayson's.

"Hey, it's not your fault. Besides, I had one of the best birthdays ever yesterday." I turned my body so that I was facing him and criss crossed my legs, leaning on the wooden pole behind me.

"Thanks for saving me from you know..." I trailed off, looking at him fumble with his fingers.

"I need to bring you your clothes back."

"It's no biggie," he replied, shrugging it off. "You looked cute in them anyways." I felt my cheeks heat up before I turned my head and stared at the boats in the distance.

We both sat in silence, just staring at the big body of water in front of us, ever so often glancing at one another and giving an awkward smile if we got caught. We sat in a comfortable silence, unlike the angry or uncomfortable silence that we usually sat in. Grayson ended the silence by asking," how did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That those were the shoes I wanted."

Ohhhhhh... He was referring to his birthday present.

I gave him an uneasy laugh and said,"Oh uh...funny story..." He raised his eyebrow at me and I cleared my throat so that I could continue.

"Well I was in the sneaker store when you walked in with Aaron and Jack. I just so happened not to be able to think of what to get you when you showed the boys the sneakers."

"Oh," he mouthed but then I heard him
mumble,"stalker..."

"Hey!!!" I laughed, nudging him in the arm, causing him to laugh along with me. We were both laughing when I realized something and decided to ask Gray about it.

"How come you didn't buy them yourself," I asked looking at him. "Like I mean, you get money for being famous and stuff, so why not just buy them."

He stopped laughing and turned his attention back at the ocean. A few seconds later he replied," I know I get money by making people laugh. But sometimes...sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to get something just because I can entertain a person or make them smile by using my personality. I feel like...like I need to- to truly earn it by working hard."

I scooted closer to Grayson, grabbing ahold of his hand, and intertwined our fingers. I guess I caught him by suprise because he tensed up, but I rubbed my thumb over his knuckle and said," Don't ever believe that again. Don't ever think you aren't doing much because even if you just post a photo of you smiling, you might encourage another person to smile. That smile could even keep a person from killing themselves for another day. That smile could make a person reconsider the thoughts that they're having and take another shot at life. That smile could open the eyes of someone who's lost, and that smile could lead someone through dark trials in their life. You helped me multiple times yesterday, and have helped millions of fans all around the world. You may not realize it, but some people live for your videos that you post every Tuesday. (A/N AKA me!!!!) So you're wrong if you think you don't deserve treating yourself every once in a while."

I felt a warm pair of lips on my cheek and when they had left I looked over to see Grayson smiling at me. "You sure have an interesting way of putting things, Clark." I just looked down and smiled, blushing at the thought of his lips in contact with my cheek.

"I have to go, Mead," Gray said, standing up and brushing off his jeans. "See you later."

He just winked at me, smiled, and left me to sit confused on the dock, where I shared yet another moment with the Grayson Dolan.

1169 words A/N Ayyyyyyyeeeeee!! Two chapters in one Day!!! How was chapter 13?" I hope that you guys actually read what Meadow said to Grayson because it is true. If you actually ever do feel that way, private message me. I want to be able to talk to you guys and tell you all that you are important and that your lives do matter.