Chapter 17

(Grayson's POV)

I took a seat on the couch across from Cameron and next to Kendall. Sarah sat on the couch in between ours and quietly fumbled with her fingers. I pulled out my phone and attempted to distract myself but the only thing on my mind was Meadow.

All I could think about was her deep brown eyes, that usually wandered so happily. Her soft, brown curls that reached down to her back, the ends being a blonde color. All I could think about was her laugh that was so contagious...it just made everyone want to smile! Wow... It surprises me to find out that she has feelings for me. A girl like her? Speaking of, where was she? Where was Ethan?

I figured I was being rude by not paying attention to one of our fans, one of our greatest treasures, and decided to talk to her. "Do you live in Long Valley?" (A/N Yes, I know Cameron, Jack, Aaron, etc. don't live in Jersey, but let's just pretend. ;))

"Yes," she replied cheerfully after looking up to check if I was talking to her.

"Oh," I said. "So how come I haven't seen you at the high school before?"

"I moved last week, and since there is obviously vacation right now, I can't attend," she laughed, earning a snort from Cameron.

"Of course it's vacation time," he said in a duh tone. "It's....drum roll please..." He lifted his hands, awaiting the drum roll that didn't come and rolled his eyes. He stood up and crossed his arms against his chest before slumping himself back onto the couch.

"Go ahead," he mumbled. "That's a good way to ruin my Christmas spirit." We all went through a fit of laughter and eventually, I heard Cameron snort and try to cover it up with a cough, making us laugh even more.

I soon heard footsteps coming from down the hallways, revealing Meadow and Ethan was trailing behind her. I watched carefully as I noticed Cameron stopped laughing when in Meadow's presence, and his face instantly lit up as they glanced at each other and smiled. My eyes focused on them as I watched Meadow plop down on the couch next to him and laid her head on his lap, stretching her body out on the rest of it. What was going on between them.

"Ehhh...Gross..bl-grmph," I heard Kendall cough next to me. I listened, to everyone laugh around me and shot a fake smile. I noticed out of the corner of my eye, Ethan and Kendall exchanged glances and then looked at Cameron and Mead who did the same. Do they know something I don't?

     I quickly cleared my throat and everyone exited the awkward trance. "How about we watch a movie?" Ethan said, plopping down next to Sarah, who instantly tried to hide her red cheeks.

-

I tried to watch the movie, but I couldn't. All my eyes wandered to was Cam and Meadow, who were sitting across from me, constantly whispering and giggling at the others' words.

(Ethan's POV)

It was obvious. Grayson was jealous. He kept his arms crossed over his chest and ever so often glanced at Mead and Cam. I exchanged looks with Kendall, who gave me a small smile and stuck her thumb up in a way so that Grayson couldn't see. I smiled back at her as I felt eyeballs burning through my skin.

I turned my head to see Sarah's ocean blue eyes looking at me. She quickly looked away and stared at her fingers, beginning to pull at them and lace them together.

     I don't know what came over me, but I felt my hand slowly reaching out to hers, and I suddenly felt warmth and comfort at her touch. Something I've never felt with Dallas before.

     I watched her as she looked over at our intertwined hands and she looked up and shot me a shy smile.

     I shot her one back, making sure to be evident of the fact that it was a friend type thing. I wasn't really showing interest for her. But it doesn't matter, because our fans me the world to me. I of course, just didn't want to lead her on.

702 words A/N Hey guys!!! Sorry that I haven't updated in a while... I was actually sick last weekend and I've been busy with volleyball practice and band practice, since I'm in my schools' marching band. Hopefully more updates will be coming soon!