Chapter 5

(Meadow's POV)

     I plopped myself right down next to Grayson and I heard the conversation die out at the table as eyes laid on me.

"Um.." Grayson began. "Why are you here?"

"Believe me I don't want to be here," I grumbled. "I was forced to sit here." Kendall and Max walked up to the table holding hands and sat across from me.

"Ok..." Grayson eyed my brother.

"So how's the party planning going?" Max asked, changing the subject.

"We don't have enough people helping," Grayson looked down fumbling with his fingers and looked back up at my brother. "Are you sure you can't help Max?"

"Uh you know I have the thing," Max nervously responded scratching the back of his head.

"What thing?" I questioned glancing at Grayson and back at my brother.

"I-I'm...going on a date?" Max said unsurely."Yeah, a date- w-with Kendall."

Kendall gave my brother a look and he nodded his head towards Grayson and I. Kendall then opened her mouth in realization and nodded her head.

"Uh-Max can I talk to you...alone," I said sternly looking him in the eye. He stood up and followed me to the hallway outside of the cafeteria.

     "Why are you trying to set my up with Grayson?!?" I whisper-yelled as soon as we were out of hearing range.

"I'm not," he lifted his hands in defense and his face turned instantly red.

I got up on tippy toes so I was right in his face and spat," You better not be. You'll be in major pain if I find out your lying to me. That's a promise."

(Max's POV)

    Meadow glared at me and then walked back into the cafeteria. I followed her not saying a word and watched her sit down where I was sitting, leaving me to sit next to Grayson. He looked up and gave me a what happened? look. I shook my head and didn't respond.

     I don't really know what I was thinking. I was just mad at Grayson because he didn't look out for my best friend. More importantly, my twin sister. People somehow manage to take advantage of Meadow and it kills me. Now she thinks I'm onto something. But I can't just quit the deal I made with Grayson because he owes me. What am I going to do?

     Kendall looks at me with concerned eyes and I just weakly smile at her. I need to thank Meadow for getting me to tell her. Kendall told me that she's had feelings for me for months now, after Meadow blurted out how I felt not to long ago.

Kendall might be the prettiest girl I've ever seen, with her bright blue eyes, and jet black, pin straight hair. I melt each time she smiles and her dimple shows on her left cheek- "Bro, snap out of it," I hear Gray says after slapping my shoulder. I come back to reality and find out that the bell rang and the cafeteria was practically empty.

"How long have I been out," I asked getting up from the table, walking next to Grayson.

"The past ten minutes," he said laughing. " You spent the entire time staring at Kendall with googely eyes." I felt my cheeks heat up at the sound of his words and hid my face in my hands.

562 words A/N That was chapter 5!!! Yes it was a mini chapter. Next chapter I will show you what I imagined the characters to look like and will probably skip to when Meadow does the project with Grayson because I hate filler chapters and mine suck.