Chapter 38

NOT EDITED
(Grayson's POV)

I hear the front door slam shut in the distance, but the sound seems so muted; so far away from my thoughts. So far from my attention. I find myself traveling in an irregular world, quite like Alice in Wonderland, to be exact, except I'm stuck in the life of Grayson Dolan. The guy who got his heart ripped it if his chest and got stomped on by a heard of elephants.

My hearing wasn't as substantial as it usually was, due to my head being stuffed beneath a pillow, but my ears still took notice of the pounding footsteps coming from the hallway. "Grayson!"

There it was.

"Grayson," I could hear Ethan's pants and cries for air as if he had just ran a marathon. He should be used to it by now. Doesn't he play football? "Gray, what did you do? Meadow was a sobbing mess earlier at school."

E rambles on about his encounters with Satan's daughter, and I tune him out as I think of the "innocent" girl that had stolen my heart. She had used me to get her back for all of the things I've done for her over the years. I'll admit that I was wrong on my part, but all of this was just in spite of my adolescent self from the past, and he had helped her. They all did.

"Get out," I cut Ethan off, my mouth spitting out the words like a contagious disease. I found the anger in myself escalating quite quickly, and I instantly felt the urge to punch something.

"W-what?"

"I said get out!" I sprung up from my laid down position, and clutched a chunk of the pillow firmly between my hands, which were accompanied by white knuckles, and threw it across the room, whacking him square in the face.

"Wha- Grayson, what happened?" His eyes widened at my clenched jaw and heaving chest, which puffed in and out in a heavy manner.

"You know what you did." I spat at him, rolling the fury off of my tongue.

"Gray-"

"How could you!" The anger left as I screamed at him, grateful that my parents were both still at work. "A warning-at least- would have been nice! But going against my back! You're my brother! MY TWIN! I can't even look at you..." my voice cracked at my last sentence, and my vision blurred as I stared at Ethan's blurry physique.

"G-Gray... I- I don't understand," Ethan fumbled on his words, the incoherent mumbles falling out like he was tripping over his own feet.

"Don't play dumb, Ethan. You can come talk to me when you figure out what you... and everyone else have done wrong." He stands there with his mouth hanging open in shock as he takes in my outburst, which wasn't a common thing for Ethan to face. Usually, we didn't have to fight. Things just sorted themselves out before we even had to open our mouths to say a word.

But at this exact moment, it hurt to look at my brother, who's face was masked with innocence as he attempted to cover up his secrets. His wrong-doings. But now when I look at him, I see right through his lies and sad attempts of comfort. I was so blinded by my feelings that I couldn't even manage to see my brother. But everything was so clear now. But still, it hurt.

My heart ached with betrayal, and through it all, part of me was still in denial; in disbelief. My friends, my friends, wouldn't do such a thing to me, would they? I watched Ethan turn away, sticking his hand in his back pocket as he attempted to retrieve his rectangular device. His phone.

Seconds later as I whacked my head against my mattress continuously for being so stupid, my phone rang constantly, and the sound buzzed in my ears like a thirsty mosquito. I reached over and felt for it on my nightstand, not bothering to turn my head from its current position. Squished against my mattress.

I lifted it up, hovering it over my head, and I groaned from the brightness of the screen after turning it on. I shut my lids tightly, and sigh before opening them once again, allowing my eyes a second to adjust. I open the notification, a text message, which is grouped with many others. From my enemies.

Ethan: Do any of you know what's wrong with Gray?

Max: Gray? Who cares about Gray? What about my freaking sister!?!?

Sarah: For a group of high schoolers, you're both very stupid...

Kendall: Facts.

Max: SO THEN WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?

Sarah: Obviously it has something to do with the two of them?

Max: What did that little piece of poop do to my little sister?!?

Ethan: First of all... she's your twin. Second of all, why don't you just ask her?

Kendall: E, did you ask Grayson?

Ethan: Yes, but he won't tell me!

Max: Hold up, I'll ask her.

I roll my eyes at their back and forth conversation, and shut my phone off before placing it back in its original spot. I wish I could shut off my brain like that... or my heart. Oh, wait. I don't have one. Anymore.

I count in my head as I wait for the footsteps to rush down the hallway. Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen-

"Grayson!" Dang, for a group of dumb teenagers, they all sure know how to type fast.

"I said to leave me alone, Ethan," I groan, watching him maliciously as he enters my room, and takes the risk of sitting on my bed. Right. Beside. Me.

He says nothing as he stares at me, his eyes conveying caution and concern. I glare at him continuously as I wait for the dummy to speak words. Seconds later, he finally opens his mouth, but no words appear.

"Can you just say it if you have something to say!"

"Meadow didn't do anything wrong, Gray," I snort loudly at his phrase, and he looks at me as if I'm insane.

"Sure, Ethan," I respond, laughing dryly as I stretch out the r in my response.

"I'm serious, Grayson! Do you really think Meadow would be capable of doing something like this to you?" Ethan points out as he cries out in desperation, the longing of me to understand evident in his words.

It dawns on me on how much Ethan's words made sense. "Sweet, innocent" Meadow wasn't capable of doing something so evil. Man, she couldn't even hurt a fly. But I knew better than to trust his words. "Exactly, Ethan. That's why she had all of your help." Cameron. Max. Kendall. All of them.

"Meadow likes you, Gray," Ethan whispers, the decibels of his voice creeping into my ears, causing shivers to shoot up and down my spine. I say nothing and wait for him to continue. "It was obvious from the way she looks at you. With so much admiration. But the only reason we had helped her out was simple because you had said that you didn't like her."

"I've never said that," I choose to ignore his words and I sigh at how much of a liar she's become. It even hurt to much to say her name.

1222 words a/n Hey guys! Just to let you know, there are two more chapters left in this book! Comment your predictions of you think will happen! Love you!