Chapter 19

(Grayson's POV)

     Cameron's house is set up so that the couches in the living room face towards the front door, where it had recently been wrung. Mrs. Dallas rushed to the door and opened it, instantly hugging whoever was there.

     Mrs. Dallas was a hard worker, and didn't spend a lot of time at home, so it was always a surprise when any of us saw her at Cam's house. Cameron's mom was also a biggg fan of throwing big parties, such as the one I was at right now.

     A dressed up Max entered through the doorway, instantly giving a bro hug to Cam who had just walked to the door. The next thing I saw made my eyes burst open. (A/N How do eyes burst open??😂😂)

     I saw a high heel sneaker step through the door, and the next thing I know, a fully dressed up Meadow appeared, wearing a ruffled dress and her hair was in a certain braid-hairstyle-thing. Not to mention the fact that more makeup than usual was evident on her face.

     It was interesting to see Meadow so fancy, since she was such a comfy, down to earth person. However, it was typical to see her wearing some sort of variation of sneakers, since she barely ever wore heels or flats.

     Her big eyes, wondered around the room, stopping and meeting mine for a brief moment before moving on to look at Cameron. I watched in curiosity as she moved towards Cam, instantly wrapping her arms around his neck. He smiled at her touch and returned the favor, placing his hands above her butt, almost close to touching it.

     I felt my eyebrows furrow and my lips were knit shut, no expression appearing on my face, but the feeling of pure anger. What was he doing? What was she doing? What were they doing?

     I continued to watch them as they released themselves and talked, Meadow laughing ever so often. All of a sudden I saw it. It wasn't obvious, but you could tell. They were matching...did they do that purposely?

     Questions danced in my head as I watched the two of them. I guess I had zoned out because I had felt a nudge on my arm.

     I turned my head, Ethan coming in view, who looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I shot him a glare and crossed my arms, slowly huffing, turning my head away.

(Meadow's POV)

     Out the corner of my eye, I saw Grayson get up from the chair he was sitting in and walked out of the room.

"Uh- Meadow!" A hand flung a snap in front of my face, and I returned my focus back on Cam.

"Sorry," I sighed. "I just feel bad..."

"Why?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows in a concerned way.

"For making him feel bad." I bit my lip. "I don't like anybody feeling bad." I instantly looked at my dress, fiddling with the lace on the top.

Cam put his hands on my cheeks and slowly guided my face towards his. It came to my attention that everyone had exited the room, and it was just the two of us.

"Hey," he reassured. "You have no reason to feel bad."

He pulled me into a hug and wrapped his arms right around my waist. He leaned in close so that his face was close to my ear.

"I know he has feelings for you. All we're doing is pushing his butt to come and tell you," he whispered softly, tightening his grip. "I wouldn't let him or anyone else hurt you, anyways."

I quickly wrapped my arms around him and dug my face in his chest, smelling the cologne on his shirt. "Thanks," I whispered, so quiet that I could barely hear myself. But I knew he had heard me when I felt his warm breathe on my neck, his mouth open in a small smile.

    I heard someone clear their throat in the door way, and I instantly removed my arms, swinging my body around to face whoever was at the door. Grayson.

"Um... dinner's ready," he stuttered, scratching the back of his neck before turning around and leaving.

I felt a hand touch my back, encouraging me to walk forward. I looked up at Cameron, who gave me a smile before slightly pushing his hand forward. I fumbled the first few steps, but then gained control and walked into the dining room, sitting next to Kendall, who had Max on the other side.

Cameron slid in next to me, and I shot him a quick smile before leaning forward and seeing Sarah sitting next to him. She looked over, giving me a shy smile, which I gladly returned.

On the other side of Sarah, Ethan sat next to Grayson, who was talking to other boys that had come that were on the football team. When Cameron said his mom threw big parties, he wasn't kidding.

Ethan looked at me and I shot him a look, asking him why Sarah was here. Not that I didn't want her here, I just found it weird that she was attending this event, considering the fact that she didn't really know anyone.

He gave me no answer, and instead shot me a smug smile. What is this child up to now?

-

I felt a hand tap on my shoulder and turned away from the conversation I was having with the twins' sister, revealing Ethan standing behind me. "EE-TEE-WE-TEE!!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I felt him groan in disgust, but he hugged me back anyways. We had all been calling him that since we were little kids. We don't call him that much anymore, but we do it to get under his skin every once in a while.

We removed ourselves from each other and Ethan asked Cam," Can I steal her for a sec?"
She nodded, and Ethan led me to the front porch, where we both took a seat on the step.

"What's up?" I asked, watching him stare at his fingers, twirling his thumbs around in a circle.

"I broke up with Dallas."

PLEASE READ BELOW:

1033 words A/N Ayyyyyyyeeee Chapter 19!?!?!? We're so close to 20!!! Anyways, I decided that I will update every 2-5 days, depending on how active you are with reading the book. Of course I won't wait a year for a certain amount of views, the most I'm going to wait it 5 days...I think I'll post for every 10-12 views.