Chapter 32

(Meadow's POV)

     I stared at him, observing every square inch of his face, trying to read his thoughts and expressions. I searched for a sign of amusement, not a piece of joking-ness evident in his face.  I stared into his hazel eyes, which stared back at me so intensely that it felt like I was getting stabbed at every second his eyes stayed glued to my face.

     I took a second to look around, trying to find someone hiding behind a tree, or a camera sticking out of the bushes. Nothing. I looked back at Grayson, sighing at the beauty of his face. "Ok," I finally responded, speaking below a whisper.

"What was that?" He stood up pulling me up with him. He wrapped his arms around me, right above my bum, pulling me slightly closer to him.

"Yes," my voice cracked awkwardly, and I cleared it before staring down at the grass.

     Without warning, Gray pulled me into him, tightening his grip around my hips. Without thought, I found my arms reaching up to wrap around his neck, my head pressing into his chest. He leaned down, resting his face into my neck so that I could feel his lips graze against my skin. He pulled me even closer than I though possible, making sure to consider my breathing ability. "You smell so good," his lips tingled against my skin, sending tingles down my spine, causing me to flinch.

He realized what he was doing to me, and I felt him smirk against my skin before pulling away, grabbing ahold of one of my hands. I instantly stared back at the ground, my cheeks becoming even redder than they were, thanks to the cold.

"UGH, FINALLY!" Someone shouted, and I turned, confused at the thought that we weren't the only people here.

Familiar faces emerged from the bushes, causing me to release my hand from Gray's, and attach it over my mouth. My closest friends came running over to us, screaming and hollering words that I couldn't understand because they were all shouting at the same time.

Cameron ran towards me, picking me up by my knees and throwing me over his shoulder. "It took him long enough," he whispered so that I could here him before spinning me around.

"Cam, I'm going to get dizzy," I laughed, waiting for him to place my feet back on the ground.

     As soon as I felt my toes connect to the ground, I felt the wind get knocked out of me, resulting in Kendall swinging her arms around me and swinging, squeezing the life out of me. Seconds later, I'm being tackled by multiple football players, their names being Max and Ethan.

"Guys..." I groaned, still laughing, but feeling very claustrophobic.

     Eventually, everyone removed their arms away from each other, leaving me to find myself standing next to Grayson again. I found myself wrapping my arms around him, allowing him to put his arms around me, and I instantly felt more comfortable.

"What are you guys doing here?" I questioned my friends.

"Uh, don't you think we also got tired of waiting for you guys to become a thing?" Ethan responded in a duh tone, Kendall nodding along.

"Plus we knew Gray couldn't do any of this without us," Max smirked, causing me to smile more than I was originally.

"Hey," he loosened his grip so that he could nudge my brother playfully, and then tightened his arms around me protectively. I could get used to this.

"No wonder the hand writing on the notes were so neat," I blurted out, creating a wave of laughter. "Well except for that smiley face."

The crew laughed even louder, and Grayson squeezed my shoulder. "I appreciate all of your help," he began once the laughter died down, "but I would like to take my 'soon-to-be-girlfriend' on a date."

"Soon-to-be?" I looked up at him in curiosity.

"Who's would say no to me?"

"Watch me change my mind," I smirked at the sight of worry in his eyes.

-

"Rock climbing?"

Grayson nodded as he held on to my hand, his big hand keeping my tiny one warm. He opened the door with his other hand, pulling me into the building, which blasted a current Twenty-One Pilots song. The back wall of the building was covered in multiple obstacle courses, which were covered in colorful faux rocks. There were multiple blue, plush mats lying around the ground, and loud chatter spread throughout the room.

Grayson led me towards the front desk, where we were to pay for our admittance. I took my wallet out of my pocket when we reached the front, only to find Grayson pushing his cash into the women already.

"Really Gray?" I groaned. "You know I still owe you from the Starbucks?"

"Let me treat you while on the date, ok?" He rested his hand on my shoulder reassuringly before nodding at the women to allow him to pay.

"Two tickets," she gave them to Gray before looking at me and winking. "You have yourself quite the gentleman. He's a keeper."

I looked down, feeling my cheeks heat up as I mumbled a tiny thank you. I looked up when I realized that I might have come off as rude, and shot the lady a genuine smile. I wasn't used to this dating stuff, considering the fact that I've never been on a date. Or had a boyfriend.

I walked away with Grayson towards the lockers, only to see how he glowed while beside me. I took off my jacket and placed it in the locker, and Gray did the same thing afterwards.

"I'll go get the equipment," he volunteered, walking off instantly.

I sighed happily, putting my shoes and phone in the locker before locking it securely. I took a seat on the metal bench nearby, and smiled to myself. I was lucky to have a guy like Gray.

Minutes past and Gray hadn't come back, so I decided to investigate. I walked out of the room filled with lockers, to see Gray standing by one of the rock walls, talking to a girl. My ears instantly heated up as I quickened my pace towards them, to see a blue-eyed and brown-haired girl twirl her hair around her finger in front of him.

Dallas.

1063 words A/N HEY GUYS! I hope you've been enjoying your break if you're on it. I'm sorry for not updating that frequently, I've had a bit of trouble with figuring out how to end this book but I have an idea now so stay tuned!