Chapter 31

(Meadow's POV)

I whipped my head around quickly, eager to be revealed to my admirer. "Grayson?" I stuttered, the letter dropping from my hands. I knew he was also in all of the photos, but I expected this to all be another prank...or another dream.

"I was trying not to make it all too cliché," he shrugged, showing a small smile. "But I wanted this to be special because, well, you deserve it."

"I-I don't get it?" I scratched my head with my fingertips, looking down at my lap.

He walked forward, sitting down besides me, turning to face the pictures on the ramp. I followed after him. "All we've done is despise each other, without an explanation. I guess things never clicked. But they did...recently. Just not the way I expected," he sighed, scratching his head out of nervousness.

"I guess they aren't wrong when they say girls handle their feelings better then boys do," he chuckled awkwardly, continuing afterwards. "I didn't want to accept that I was falling in love with my best friend's sister, my brother's best friend, my frenemy. The one that I loved to tease, and now the one I love to be with. To sit next to. To cuddle with. To talk to. I love everything about you, Meadow," he looked up from the ground, staring into my brown eyes.

He stopped for a second, just to stare at me and attempt to read my blank expression, which he soon enough realized wasn't going to happen. "I love your brown hair, that curls like springs, and there's always that one curl that falls out of your bun. Or your big brown eyes, that are always filled with such hope and positivity. Your creativity that reaches the unreachable. Your clumsiness, which gives me the opportunity to catch you every time you fall. I want to apologize for not telling you soon enough, but I want to make it up to you."

     I sucked in a deep breath quickly, preparing for him to yell 'Ha! It's all a prank!' He paused, lifting his finger up to my chin to lift my gaze from the ground, forcing me to look into his hazel eyes. "Will you go out on a date with me?"

378 words A/N Hey guys! I wanted to apologize for not updating in SOOOO long. But I want to clarify and tell you to look forward to a couple of updates over break! Sorry for the short update....