Chapter 26

(Meadow's POV)

"Yes! They won!"

     Kendall and I ran down the bleachers, squealing in excitement as we watched the football team gather in a group, who were  jumping on each other and shouting in exhilaration.

     My brother left the group when he noticed us and he went in to give me a hug, while Kendall went to congratulate Ethan. We then swapped placed, and I gave Eth a side hug, squeezing out his insides as the two of us watched Kendall wrap her arms around Max's neck, pecking him gently on his lips.

"Awwwww," the two of us bugged them, both of them turning a red shade.

"Ewwww, your sweaty," Kendall laughed, wiping her lip of gently with the back of her hand.

"MEADOW!" I heard my name being called, and I turned to see Grayson running towards me.

     I instantly smiled running towards him, jumping into his arms before wrapping my arms around his neck. He spun me around happily, placing my feet on the ground a couple of seconds later, not letting go just yet.

     When we did let go, we turned our attention towards our group of friends, who stared at the two of us with raised eyebrows, smirks, or crossed arms. I felt my face begin to warm up, and I quickly shook away the butterflies in my stomach, replacing the feeling with overjoyed happiness, due to our team's success with the first game of the wintry season.

-

"Thanks for the sweatshirt," I laced my fingers with Grayson's, swinging them in between the two of us.

     We followed behind the group, and the sound of our feet on the gravel sounded like a more peaceful version of fingernails on a chalkboard. We decided to head to the Dolans' place for this weekend.

"No problem," Grayson shrugged it off, still smiling. "I figured you would forget a jacket."

"Oh, really?" I pretended to be offended, causing the two of us to end in laughter.

"Hey, by the way," I began, slightly rubbing my thumb over his cold knuckles. "Did you purposely spray your cologne on the sweatshirt?"

     He turned his head the other direction, chuckling to himself quietly. "What?" I asked, whacking him on the shoulder with my free hand.

"I have to start realizing that you're ten times smarter than most people, and catch the little things."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He laughed, not answering as he held open the door for his mother's car, gesturing for me to get in.

-

"I didn't bring clothes to change into."

"Just borrow some of mine," Grayson shrugged, grabbing my hand as he led me upstairs, into his room.

     He entered the bathroom that was attached to his room as I walked over to his dresser, pulling out an over-sized t-shirt. I'll just keep my leggings on. I then walked over to his bed, sitting down, patiently waiting for him to come out.

When he did, he came out wearing only a pair of sweatpants. My eyes seemed to wander down from his face to his abs, and I instantly felt a tingly feeling in my stomach.

*Flashback*

I here it click open and Grayson stands before me with a pair of basketball shorts...and no shirt. It honestly didn't bother since I've known him since I was little, but I did a small double take just to make sure that that six pack belongs to him.

It was different this time. I felt my cheeks up to the point where fire seemed to flame from them, and my stomach churned from a roller coaster ride. I really need to control these feelings.

I felt like I was in a madhouse and was going crazy. Over a guy. This has never happened to me before. Not to mention the fact that out of the millions of guys in the world, it had to be him. Grayson. The enemy.

"Uh- Meadow? You good?" A hand waved in my face.

I jumped, focusing my attention on the hand that was attached to...Grayson. Of course.

"Oh yeah, sorry, just wandering around up here," I awkwardly laughed it off, pointing to my brain. He responded with an uneasy smile.

"Well, um, I'll be downstairs with the rest of them," he excused himself, rushing out the door.

-

"What movie should we watch?"

"Home!" Kendall blurted excitedly, her lips forming an o afterwards. "Sorry..."

"I want to watch a scary movie," Max laughed at his girlfriend, swiftly swing his arm around her.

"No!" I shouted out quickly, biting my lip in sudden fright.

"No Way!" Kendz punched Max, causing him to break out in laughter.

"How about we take a vote?" Gray reasoned.

"Fine."

"All for Home," Kendall and I raised our hands.

"All for a scary movie," the three numbskulls raised their hands.

"Well...it looks like we're watching The Purge," Max smirk, and I thought it was best to take the pillow I was laying on and clutch it to my chest.

"If Sarah was here, we could have at least tied," I sighed, kicking my feet up and onto Grayson's lap.

"Sarah is actually a fan of scary movies," Ethan stated, his cheeks turning red after realizing we were all staring at him. "What?"

"Nothing," Grayson replied, smirking like a dork.

-

Five minutes into the movie and my head was already hiding behind the throw pillow. My eyes avoided the TV screen, glancing at Kendall, who had her head buried in Max's chest, and Max seemed very happy about it.

      I looked at Grayson who sat next to me, who was very entertained by the current film. I don't get why he's been so nice lately. He can't like me because I heard him say so himself.

"AHHHHHHHH!" A scream pulled me out of my current thoughts, and saw Kendall screaming her head off.

     Unaware, I turned my head to the screen, seeing the scariest clown (idek😂) staring dead at me. Not caring about my surroundings, I flung to the comfiest thing I could find, which seemed to be a body.

     I felt arms wrap around me tightly, and I quickly clung to them, burying my head in their chest. I was deathly afraid of clowns. As I settled down, the arms that engulfed me seemed familiar, and I instantly knew who they belonged to.

     I lifted my head up, looking Grayson dead in the eye, who's eyebrows were knit together, concerned on my current state.

     We didn't say anything for a couple of moments, so I left it at that and chose to snuggle more into his chest, treasuring his warmth.

1104 words A/N Ayyyyyeee Sorry for the scrambled update. THANKS FOR 800 views!!!!! We are SOOO close to 1000 and I'm WAAAAAY excited! And I don't know if there are clowns in The Purge, I don't really like scary movies...