Chapter 37

WARNING: SHORT CHAPTER

(Grayson's POV)

I swung the door open quickly before slamming it shut behind me. I dropped my backpack on the ground and ran up the stairs, the anger building up inside as I kicked my shoes off while entering my room. I flopped onto my bed, running my hands through my hair as my ears blew out steam and smoke.

I screamed, tugging at my hair in frustration as I whacked my head against my pillow, kicking my feet on the mattress repeatedly, in hopes of removing and insanity that had built up in the last few months. She made me look like a fool.

I was stupid. Purely, utterly, stupid, for falling for the girl who had no intentions of returning the same feelings. She turned Cameron against me. She turned my brother against me. Everyone. Just to see me become a fool. An idiot. A worthless teenager who's only plan was to get hurt.

I felt like a child, who was playing a game of tag and had fallen, scraping their knee on the ground. Except it hurt ten times worse. My heart ached tremendously, and her sharp nails had dug into my soul, leaving open wounds that brought me to despair. It hurt to think about her. It hurt to even say her name.

But all the same, she was there. Her eyes. The chocolate pools of irises that could melt any of my common sense when I just stared into them. Her hair, which was soft like silk and slipped through my fingersblike butter, the ringlets I could wrap around my finger in the same way she had me wrapped around hers.

Her laugh. Her laugh that sounded like music to my ears, and played a sweet, passionate melody that could lift my spirits, or a heart-filled lullaby that could sing me to sleep. Her smile... Oh god, her smile. Her perfectly straight teeth, that were so white that they blinded me, in the same way she had done. Where her essence had kept me sane, and yet had driven me off the brick of madness, making me go insane.

I didn't want to be in pain. My priorities seemed so blinded by her that I had lost the ability to feel pain, although it was still there, and just wanted to hold her arms. To feel her soft lips on mine. To play with her hair until she falls asleep, and to tell her corny jokes to make her smile. I'll admit it. I'll shout it on the rooftops.

I was whipped, and she had taken that for granted.

438 words