Chapter 23

(Grayson's POV)

"Eth?"

"Yes, Gray?"

We finally came home after the movie with our parents and had exchanged presents with them and our older sis, Cameron. We both were just chilling in my room, on our phones as usual.

But something was wrong. I was having this constant feeling in my stomach whenever I thought of her. Meadow. I was so confused. I just wanted to hold her in my arms.

"What's going on between Meadow and Cam?" I fumbled with my fingers, not really in the mood to meet his gaze as I noticed him turn around and face me out of the corner of my eye.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"Like," I began,"like are they dating or something?"

"No..." he trailed off. Phew.

"But they kinda have a thing."

I looked up to meet his eyes, and he gave me a smug look, slightly smirking at me. "Why do you care?" He questioned me, not reverting his gaze for a second.

"I-I d-don't ca-care... I was just wondering," I stuttered, not daring to look away.

"Hmmm..." he hummed in response, finally turning around, putting his attention back on his phone.

I sat in concentration, trying to come to an understanding of what I was feeling. I couldn't like her, could I?

I mean, yeah, she's reeeaaally pretty, but she's my best friend's sister. Well...she does have a really beautiful laugh. She's so neat and organized. She isn't afraid to be herself, and she's clumsy but it's cute. She's also...

"You like her, don't you?"

I instantly snapped out of my thoughts, to see Ethan staring at me once again, with a more visible smirk plastered to his face.

"W-what? W-ho ar-are you talk-talking about?"
Man, this stuttering really isn't helping my case.

"Meadow. Do you like her?" He insisted. I did nothing but shrug in response, picking at a loose thread on my jeans.

"Do you?" This boy. Won't. Give. Up.

     Since I was out of options, I decided to give him the silent treatment. I tried to look at my phone, but he wouldn't budge. He just. Kept. Looking. At. Me.

"So you do like her," he came to conclusion.

"If I don't know if I like her, how would you know if I like her or not," I rolled my eyes at his stupidity.

     He turned his body to face me, giving me all of his attention, and since he was staring at me so seriously, I knew what he wasn't joking about whatever he said next.

"You like her, Gray. You smile every time you see her. Your face lights up every time your name comes out of her mouth. You blush every time you guys come in contact. You like her," he scolded me. "You have to stop being stubborn and tell her how you feel because she's waiting."

"For what?" I asked dumbly.

"For you to tell her!!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "You already know she likes you, so why are you denying it?"

"But she's Max's sister." I responded, avoiding the question, trying to come up with an excuse for some reason.

"Max ships you guys. I do. Kendall does. We all do!! Even mom and dad. But you, the idiot, is too dumb to notice anything!" He sighed.

"Oh," was all I could say.

"I'm going to ask you this one last time," Ethan began. "Do you like her?"

I pursed my lips and thought, do I like her?

"I do."

-

"Can I ask you a question?" Ethan asked at the kitchen table.

     No one was home but Eth and I, and because neither of us could cook breakfast, we stuck to cereal.

"You just did," I laughed at my corny joke. He rolled his eyes at me before continuing.

"What would you do if Meadow and Cameron ended whatever they had going on?"

I thought for a second before saying nonchalantly," I guess I would ask her out on a date."

     I looked up at him to see him staring down at his milk, deep in thought. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason," he mumbled in response.

-

(Max's POV)

     I was bored out of my mind. Meadow had Kendall for the day, and probably went out shopping, so I was stuck at home, laying on the couch eating plain potato chips.

     My phone suddenly began to ring, so I picked it up of the couch, receiving a call from Ethan.

"Hello?"

"Max, I have news!" He said, excitement filling his voice.

"What?" I sat up, rubbing my temple with my fingers.

"Grayson admitted it!"

"Admitted what, Ethan?" I sighed.

"He admitted that he likes Meadow!" I heard thumping coming from the other end, figuring that it was Ethan dancing around his room.

"Really?!" I jolted up out of my seat.

"Yup! He even said he would ask her out if she ended things with Cam."

"When can I tell he- Wait you told him our plan?"

"Of course not, stupid."

"Well, when can I tell her?"

"You can't." I heard him sigh. "We need to let him tell her."

864 words A/n Ayyyeee short chapter today. A few of you were asking for Gray to admit his feelings *cough cough* @anna1cat5 *cough cough* so here you go.