Chapter 33

(Meadow's POV)

"Ahemmm," I cleared my throat loudly in order to receive attention.

Grayson turned to look at me innocently, and Dallas scrunched up her face automatically at the sight of me.

"Meadow," her voice was sickly-sweet, so fake that it made me feel like throwing up. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here on a date," I stated, giving her a hard glare. "What are you doing here?"

"I work here. "

"Why? You don't seem like the athletic type. "

"No," she admitted, a smirk visible on her makeup covered face. "But I get to see the boys who are." She took a second to glance at Gray, sending him a small wink. He looked like he wanted to barf his intestines out.

"Anyways," Grayson interrupted our staring contest, attempting to end our little battle. "I'm going to go get the equipment so we can start." He walked off, leaving me with Dallas. Good job, Grayson.

"You're here with him?" She gritted her teeth, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Is there anything wrong with that?" I stared at her coldly, crossing my arms across my chest.

She raised her hands in surrender before changing the subject. "Does he know that you're playing him?"

"How?" I was in the mood to kill her.

"You technically used Cameron to get closer to him, therefore you've been lying to him," she sneered, taking an obnoxious step towards me.

I took a step closer to her, looking down over her short body, which would have been level to mine if she decided to wear her 6 inch heels, which she did on a regular basis. "I have done nothing wrong, Dallas. At least not compared to what you've done."

"Let's see what he has to say about it."

"About what?" Grayson's voice questioned, causing me to snap my head to the side, where he stood with belt straps and a raised eyebrow.

"W-we were won-wondering," I began, the stutter evident in my cracking voice, "if Dallas and I could compete to see who could reach the bell before you and I did."

I twiddled my thumbs, waiting for him to reply.
"Sure," he shrugged his shoulders. "As long as you leave time for me."

"Of course," I walked over to him, smiling, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I turned my head to look at the evil witch, who glared at me before mouthing 'You'll pay for this.' I untucked myself from Grayson before he handed me the equipment, which I easily strapped myself into. Dallas, however, struggled to put on the gear, barely being able to put her leg through the loop.

"Do you need help?" I snorted slightly, causing Grayson to look at me in surprise, but had only continued to smile at me. Awww.

"No," she snapped. "I don't need your help. Grayson... could you help me?" She batted her eyelashes at his innocently. Now I really want to kill her.

"Uh-" he prolonged his answer as he reaches up to scratch his neck, avoiding my eyes as he stared at the ground. "Let Meadow do it. She's better at doing it than I am."

     Dallas shot me a glare, and then wandered off to a boy nearby, where she had attempted to get help, as well as another phone number, simply by batting her eyelashes and whipping her hair off of her shoulders every five seconds.

     I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind my waist, causing me to whip my head around and see Grayson smirking at me.

"What are you doing?"

"You still smell good," he pulls me closer to him as he speaks. "I want to get the most out of this that I can... until you turn into a sweaty mess."

"Hey!" I turn around and shove him away, only resulting in his laughter, which he attempts to cover up every time he comes closer, but the second I playfully push him away, his loud, obnoxiously adorable laugh fills the room.

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry," he pants for breath, coming closer as I allow him to give me a hug once again.

"Awwww, how adorable," an odd voice said behind us, and we turned to see a peculiar group of people behind us, covering their bodies with heavy trench coats and black hats, as well as glasses and wigs, which were obviously fake, due to the way the hair was placed on their heads, as well as the absurdly-bright colors, like neon green and bright orange. In front of us stood two men, as well as two women.

"Yes, quite adorable," one of the ladies spoke, her fake posh accent invading my brain. I've heard her voice before.

I took a second to observe the people that stood before me. One boy's eyes were shielded with glasses, but his jawline was very defined, just like Grayson's. I looked at the boy standing beside him, his tan skin whitening his already white teeth as he stood about 6 feet in height.

I then observed the two girls in front, who both shielded their eyes with glasses, and one wore a orange wig, while the other wore neon pink. I had a difficult time trying to identify. But then I saw it.

The girl on the left's hair was sticking out.

It was blond.

895 words A/N WHO DO YOU THINK THOSE PEOPLE WERE? Comment a ship name for Gray and Meadow!