War begins allegencies change

............. I looked back as Marco strode across the ground with me in his arms Pete was getting to his feet holding his arm to him as Gregor walked over to Seth and gripped his sons face ion one hand.

“You betrayed me and what you were created to do” Gregor hissed at him “for now you are spared but you are bound and you will bear witness what a true Vandes will do for power” He lifted him without much effort “I will teach you that a woman will only serve to break your heart if you fall in love with them and they will lie with any man given half the chance. You will get her back once I have the child… whether she is already pregnant with your child or whether it will take one or both of your brothers to give me that child I will take what was taken from me by her mother”

“Leave Star alone” Seth’s voice came in Gasps

“You don’t have much say Pretty boy” Pete snapped at him “I like being on the other side give me a chance to get even with ass holes that piss me the hell off”

“He is still my son and you will not kill him until the baby is in my arms and then you can kill both of them and put an end to all of this” Gregor turned on Pete “She needs to submit so she will conceive if she doesn’t submit she will be barren we need Seth so she feel she has to cooperate to save his life”

“At least let me take some anger out on him” Pete grabbed Seth roughly “He’s immortal the only way he won’t be alive is by removing his head I will not do that” Gregor took a deep breath

“As you wish, but do not cross me Protector you have turned your back on everything that you stood for you will be searched out and punished for that” Gregor warned him “Cross me and you will not have my favor and I will leave you to be taken”

‘They can bring it for putting me on babysitting duty all those years” Pete shook his head “Mating with Mortals should never work diluting the true blood”

“I know but with such slim pickings on earth what else can we do… I expect you to bring my son home before nightfall” Gregor swept away limo. My hand on my back my blood pounding in my ears

“Father” Marco sounded slightly panicked as the door opened. I felt a hand grab my face and lift it upward I was looking at Gregor

“She is trying to fight against her restraints and the buildup will knock her out” he let go of me and slammed the door

‘Where’s Seth” I croaked

‘He’s with a friend for a while” Gregor picked at a piece of lint on his jacket I hauled myself on to a seat “Don’t worry he will not be harmed you have my word” he looked at me as if I were to believe him “You need to calm yourself my dear Star” he reached for me I pulled away the pain increased in my back.

“Fuck you…  You trapped my mother into this” I held up my right palm with the scar running over it “You forced her to take the drastic measure and to kill me or get Seth to kill me” Gregor looked slightly amused at my tirade.

“That was all her” he shook his head “Well with some unwanted help from my son here” he looked at Marco who was looking at me like a predatory animal “You would have been married a week after your birthday and everything would have happened how it was supposed to… our breeding and blood line would have been replenished and war would have raged” his face seemed to grow dark “Now I have to clean up the mess left after 128 years of waiting the pain my son went through after he killed you should have made me see how weak he was the times he tried to kill himself to feel the pain” Gregor leant forward “I thought bitterness was going to win out and he’d take you like the breeding stock you are… But that fell aside” he reached and stroked my face I slapped his hand away the pain in my wrist made the breath in my throat catch as it felt like the binding was slicing the flesh to the bone.

“Can’t this car move faster” Marco ground his teeth the anticipation in his was rising along with other things as I could see.

“You have to use patience Marco” Gregor looked at him “You cannot treat her like the whores you bed every night” Marco slid a sideways glance at Gregor “You have to be as Seth would be” I felt like I wanted to be sick but if this was the only way to make sure Seth was safe…………………..

……………… “Oh I’m going to enjoy this” Pete laughed as moved to pounce on Seth.  Seth took a step to the side and stumbled as Pete missed him the red lash gone as soon as Gregor was gone but he was struggling with the welts of pain and the lack of oxygen. “Oh you want to play” Pete grinned “Lets see how you do with broken legs” He raised his foot to stomp down on Seth.

“Duck Immortal” Seth fell to the ground as he heard the distinct whoosh of a blade slicing the air Pete looked round and raised his hand and caught the shiny blade hilt first

“Joe you are slow” Pete shook his head “I mean really” he dropped the knife int ot he earth

“What the hell are you doing?” Joe snarled at Pete “This isn’t what we do”

“I’m bored with the babysitting I want more”

‘Greed over took everything for you I wondered why you never allowed em to go after the guy messing with her when she was 10”

“She had to get used to being fucked around so getting fucked by that old man was a good introduction” Pete shook his head “Now brother you want to fight me because I trained you remember I know your weaknesses” He tipped his head back “Give me your best shot”

Seth watched as his vision cleared the more air he inhaled he saw the expression of arrogance change on Pete’s face as his head got yanked further back.

“You know his weaknesses old man but I have none other than the love for my Sister and you betrayed her you will pay with your blood” Brae hissed in his ear before pulling his knife swiftly and sharply through Pete’s flesh between two vertebrae and his spinal cord and out the other side. Pete’s body fell to the ground as Brae held his head by the hair. “Soccer anyone?” he panted………………………..