The morning After

.......... Okay we should have closed the drapes last night the sun was really annoying. I reached for the comforter to pull it over my head to block out the light my hand smacked into a solid wall, Wait I didn’t have a wall near my bed, I slid my hands over it the smile breaking out on my face as I realized that wall was a set of strong hard abs, I stroked them slipping south as my mind filled with the memory of last night.

“Good morning Beautiful” He murmured I turned to face him my face flushed, I didn’t want to look at him. I felt suddenly nervous as if he was going to tell me after he’d thought about it last night sucked and he was billing me for the antique furniture. His face was inches from mine

“Hey” I looked at him finally waiting for the bomb to drop, but his eyes were bright and edged still with lust.

“Did you sleep well?”

“Yes” I smiled relaxing a little “Somehow having room wrecking sex that gets hot enough we rock global warming, it make you tired enough you sleep well” He propped himself up on his elbow, his fingers slowly pushed down the sheet that covered me from the bust down. “I like this” He smiled running his fingers over my tattoo, His voice sounded distant along with the look that came over him “It’s a Phoenix?” I looked down to watch the light caress of his fingers over the black ink.

“Yep, I got it a while ago, Well Pete did it for me… I guess it might have been something in my head telling me I was a little like a Phoenix” I sighed “You know the whole rising from the ashes to live again” He looked at me

“Star did you notice anything about your tattoo last night?’

“I was how did you put it…. Preoccupied to notice much other than you last night… Why?”

He moved back from me, it made me ache for his touch just the feeling of him being gone just a foot away. He moved his fingers to the sheet that was still semi tucked under his arms as he started to push it down over his chest. I couldn’t help the smile that played on my lips, if he wanted the next go round then who was I to deny him, Damn one night one time and all I wanted to do was keep him naked and sweaty. I noticed his hand had stopped moving and I pouted as it hadn’t gone as low as I was hoping I took in his smooth hard skin taught over his muscles and his Tattoo… Wait he has a tattoo how the hell did I not see that last night. I moved closer to him. It wasn’t just a tattoo… it was a tattoo of a Phoenix more tribal than mine but a phoenix none the less. I looked up at him he was waiting for my reaction.

“How? I mean you have?” I pointed to it “Did you know about this all along?” he shook his head

“I did not know about it… I realized last night when I first saw it, I felt mine burn” he ran his fingers over his own tattoo on his ribs. I thought about it and remembered heat in my back but I thought I was his touch, I blinked at him “I saw them both glow and shimmer as we…” his cheeks flushed “We became more intimate… and then other things took over and I heard the words in my head and…” He shook his head as if trying to clear it

“Does it mean something?” I asked my whole being was knotted up

“I’m am not definite but I think it means that you’re my destiny and I’m yours” he seemed apprehensive “I have had this for almost 130 years I got it within days of losing you for a reason I didn’t know… but now it makes sense” I sat up.

He looked at me as if expecting me to jump out of bed and run for the hills, I took a shaking breath and flopped back looking through the gash in the canopy that screamed bolt of lightning struck here. Seth seemed to freeze almost not breathing as he watched me. It made sense, I had felt a connection with him stronger than anything last night as we made love I felt the blood pulse through him and I heard his heart beat with mine like it was one. We had been one like two parts of a puzzle…Seth was my one I was okay with that eternity with a hot guy sounded appealing.

My view of the wonderful damage was blocked by his handsome face moving above me

“This might sound odd but I know you felt what I felt last night even if you didn’t notice the glowing” He stroked my hair “I have never been so part of someone in all my years, Never. Every pulse of blood every heart beat in you I felt” He swallowed “It’s a lot to take in I understand it is for me also… but my love I do not want you to think I’ve ever been so intimate or felt so much for another person. I knew you were something to me before I...” he stopped himself “Before you died but what that was I did not know till now” He pulled me into his arm and kissed my head.

“I understand” I croaked tipping my head to look at him “But I need to think I need to get my head round some of this” he closed his eyes a little e and nodded “Don’t” I put my hand on his face “I need you to know I love you, I never knew I could feel this for someone” He opened his eyes and looked at me. he brought his mouth to meet mine in a kiss that would have made the stars smile………