Another from the woodwork

.................... It felt good to let the wind take away the thoughts of the night before as Brae weaved deftly in and out of the traffic stopping only on the red lights. I felt a sense of being watched. I looked round as a long black Limo pulled up alongside of us. The hairs on the back of my neck rose as I stared at my own reflection in the black glass, I tipped my head as the window opened slightly and a card was held out of the Gap and waved up and down at me. I looked at Brae who was watching the lights before something made me reach out and take the card. I pushed it into my bra as the lights changed and the limo carried straight on while we turned left. I held on to Brae a little tighter wanting to feel the heat from his body to try to take the chill from my insides. He pushed back into me a little. We drove for hours in and out of the city till the sun was high in the sky.

“You okay?”

“I’m fine” I shouted over the roar of the engine I tapped his shoulder and pointed to a bar, knowing that it doesn’t take a lot to get a biker into a bar. I climbed off “You get the beers in I’m going to the bathroom”

“Yes Ma’am what did you’re last servant die of?”

“Keep it up and you’ll find out” I walked away from him and into the bathroom I closed the door of the stall and pulled the business card from  my bra

Tonight waterfront bar 11pm

I flipped the card over there was just a V embossed in gold, I pushed the card into my pocket and leant against the door. ‘You shouldn’t go’ my mind screamed ‘but if you go you might get answers’ it countered itself ‘It’s not safe’ I swallowed the chill that I felt again ‘but you have to know about your past’ My head was literally splitting. I opened the door and walked to the sink and splashed cold water on my face.

“Damn you look like shit” I moaned to the reflection of me staring back “you have to go you know that right?” the bathroom door opened and two women walked in and looked at me as I spoke to myself “take mace and the knife” I shrugged “if you need to fight your way out then hell girl you’ve done it before” I noticed the two women looking at me “Sorry it’s the only way I get any sense” I pulled off the paper towel and wiped my face before I opened the door and walked out. Brae had a girl hanging off of him stroking her fingers over his ink and giggling… a girl I’d seen around Daddy pays for everything and blows through men like a hurricane…. Literally. “Excuse me” I reached in between them and picked up the beer.

“What the hell” she looked me up and down “Er… I think you’ll find that’s not yours” she snapped pointing to the beer

Really you want it back” I tipped my head before licking round the top and slipping my tongue into the neck of the bottle I held it out to her “Here you go”

“Oh that’s gross” she pulled a face “Come on Brae” she tried to pull Brae away I was pissed off with the rich bitches thinking they were it.

“Yeah come on Brae” I put my bottle on the bar and put my hands on his face and kissed him My tongue flicking his lips  and my hands circles round his waist.

“Star” he pulled back and looked at the girl “We came together” he stammered “Sorry”

“Do you know who I am?” She stomped her foot

“Yeah some rich brat now go play with the traffic on the freeway honey” I turned my back and picked up my drink I heard the squeak and the click of her heels on the floor.

“What the hell was that kiss about” Brae turned me to face him

“I know here and believe me you’ll catch something the amount of times her ass has been round the city” I looked at his hand as it gripped my arm “and if you want to talk to me talk don’t grab” I snatched my arm away.

“Whoa but its okay for you to kiss me”

“I was saving you” I looked at him “hell if I knew I was that bad at kissing” I sank the beer

“It’s not that…” he hesitated

“What?” I ordered two more beers

‘We’d better get back or Pete will be wondering where you are” He threw money on the bar.

“Hey I was about to…” I stopped at the look on his face “Oh no… I shook my head “You as well?”

“Me as well what” Brae caught my hand “I think it’s going to rain let’s get going” I pulled back and stood my ground

“What the hell is it with everyone keeping stuff from me and you’re a new guy”

“Star” he got the same tone to his voice that Pete used “Let’s go” I felt safe but scared at the same time if that’s even possible “Please” his tone lightened and his grip on my hand became less death like. “Like Pete said last night something’s are best forgotten and left alone”

“Who the hell are you to tell me this?” I snapped as the thunder again rolled over head

“I’m a guy that gives a damn” he got on his bike  “Now let’s go and I’m not up for answering more questions” I hesitated as the rain began to fall “Star I’m a man of really little patience and I hate getting piss wet through now get on the bike and let’s get home” He shook his head “Damn back to fighting War by Day” he muttered as I got on my heart I my throat at the words from my dream………………