Begining to reveal

.......... We pulled up outside of the shop the door opened and Pete and Joe came out almost getting jammed together in the door way.

“Damn it Star where the hell have you been?” Pete pulled me into a bear hug as soon as I was off of the bike

“I don’t’ know” I shook my head I stepped back and looked at him trying to see if I could place him in my dream.

“Star you look out of it” Joe put his hand on my forehead as if to check for a fever

“I want the truth” I looked at them

“What…?’ Joe shot Pete a look

“Don’t give me anymore bull shit, I’m fucking done” they all looked at me “Where the hell did I get this from? Where did Brae get his from? And who the hell are the Vandes’s to me?” I felt heat rising in me

“You need to tell us where you were and what’s happened first” Pete held my arms

“No you need to talk to me”

“Star what do you know?” Brae’s voice was calm I felt his hands on my shoulders.

“I don’t know what I know” I shook my head “My head hurts so bad right now…”

“Let’s go inside” Pete sighed he let go of my arms Brae’s slipped comfortingly round my shoulders. “Sun’s coming up and it’s going to be one hell of a long day” he looked at Joe.

“I’ll put on the coffee” Pete opened the door and called out to the guys that were still in there playing pool and hanging around that they need to leave for the day. No one questioned him they picked up their stuff and left. Brae flicked the lock on the door and pulled the blinds. I kicked off my heels and sat on the chair where people sat to get the tattoo’s done.

“Where did you run off to last night” Pete asked as he walked back in and handed me a coffee

“The lakefront bar” I shrugged

“I went there and you weren’t there” Brae sat on the counter behind me

“Star” Joe cocked his head I opened my purse and pulled out the card I’d gotten from Seth and held it out to Pete.

“You went to meet someone in a fucking bar because you got this are you insane it could have been anyone” He paced the floor like an angry father “Some rapist or some murderer” he flung up his arms Joe coughed and Pete looked at him as he turned over the card and the gold letter V was embossed “Or worse one of the Vandes’s”

“Yeah well I wanted answers and maybe going there I got some” Silence fell in the room”

“Look fighting is getting us no where” Brae rubbed his hand over his face “She needs to know who I am at least” I looked over my shoulder at him