Come back to the real world

……………… My eyes shot open and I was in the opulent bedroom wearing the clothes I’d gone to the bar wearing. The softness of the comforter under me was welcome as my whole body hurt like I’d been ran down by a snow plow, my heart was racing. I put my hand on my head it was hot and clammy. The room was oppressively hot. What the hell was going on? A wave of nausea washed over me I sat up there had to be a bathroom round here.

“It’s alright I’ve got you” I felt an arm snake round me “the sickness will pass soon”

“Well if I don’t get to the bathroom it’ll pass all over the bed” I groaned closing my eyes as my head started to spin I let who ever the hell was holding me hold me a little tighter

“Breathe deeply and slowly” the voice murmured in my ear, the sweet warm breath felt good on my damp neck. “I swear to you it will pass” I tried to slow my breathing but damn I’d just had the weirdest damn dream… and I was in some strange guys bedroom.

‘No need to throw up” I moaned as I felt my stomach lurch the arm held me tight

“Feel Calm and quiet of the night” the voice murmured “no war, just tonight, just truth and life” my head stopped spinning “Heart and mind slow thy self”

I felt a warm hand over my heart, it literally stopped beating making me catch my breath but the rhythm began again a slow normal pace, I swear to god I felt the lips of whomever the hot voice belonged to brush my ear. I slowly opened my eyes; the only light was still just from the fire which was little more than embers now which made the room seem darker than before.

“Feel easier?” I took a deep breath and nodded slowly

“Who are you?” I turned my head as he let go of me and got up keeping his back to me. I rubbed the back of my neck “Where am I? And what the hell just happened?” I moved to swing my legs off the bed

“You need to stay still for a short time longer” he stood in front of the fireplace his shoulders hunched his head down

“You know I spoke to you at the party the other night?”

“I know I recognized the voice” my throat felt parched there was a bottle of water on the nightstand “And did you kiss me earlier” I reached for the bottle. I heard a chuckle

“I did… I didn’t have to but what man can resist a beautiful woman” he  turned round again still I couldn’t make out his face “If I offended you I’m truly sorry”

“Dude who talks like tha…” I trailed off “the dream I had”

“Not a dream” I saw him shake his head

“Okay I was asleep… or hey you drugged me” he held up his hands/

“No you have to trust me I didn’t drug you in the way most people drug” he stepped forward Okay now all light was blocked

“Can we put a light on?” I moved back a little on the soft satin comforter.

“he power went out while you were sleeping” I heard the sigh in his tone “there was a storm”

“Hmmm lot of that recently”  I chewed my lip “I really need to splash some water on my face I’m still not feeling to good”

“Of course” he moved to me and offered me his hand I hesitated “If I was going to take advantage of you don’t you think I’d have already done so” his voice gave me goose bumps

“How do I know you haven’t?”

“You have my word” I put my hands in his and he gently pulled me to my feet. I wobbled a little “Still shaky on those new legs” he mused seeming more to himself than to me, I opened my mouth to say something g and thought better of it. “There is a candle lit in the bathroom” he walked me across the floor and pushed open a door the candle was sitting on a ledge over an old fashioned claw footed tub, I turned my head quickly catching sight of his face in the dim light.

“Wow” I croaked his eyes went to mine instantly before he looked down, his face was as handsome as his voice was sexy.

“Excuse me?”

“Er… nothing” I smiled nervously stepping into the bathroom “I’ll be okay now thank you” he nodded his head and a sort of bow and backed away. I closed the door and lent on the sink and looked at my own reflection, I looked like I had done when I left home for the bar.

Home… I suddenly thought of Pete and Joe, I shook my head that dream was playing with my head as my mine went to Brae… before two months ago I’d never set eyes on the tattooed biker now he was in my dreams and he was my brother. I chuckled to myself as I ran the cold water… god I really needed to stop with the shots of Tequila. I dipped my hands under the cold stream, but the dream had felt real with the sounds and the smells. I wiped my cold hand on the back of my neck, right down to the pain I’d felt in my chest when the blade had gone in.

I looked slowly at the mirror again the color that had been left in my face was gone as I pulled aside the top of my dress to show a faint scar on the left side of my chest in the same place where the knife had been in my dream, nausea washed over me again. The face the face of the guy in the other room had been in the dream and he’d been at the side of Gregor Vandes the other night at the party……………………