War by day again

........... I walked down the stairs. No one else was in the shop apart from Pete, Joe and Brae.

‘Well damn where is everyone” I walked over to the coffee pot and poured a cup

“Well at least you don’t look like you came from a swamp anymore” Brae grabbed a chair and flipped it round and sat down leaning on the back of it.

“yeah well dirt turns to mud when it rains” I leant against the counter and looked at the three of them. “So go on then” he held up a hand

“Why?” Pete lit a cigar “Why the hell would you go meet him again”

“Did you not listen to me the other day” I shook my head “He gives me answers… he shows me how it used to be”

“He manipulates minds Star” Joe got up and walked over to me “Seth Vandes is as leathal as his father he was the first born”

“He doesn’t manipulate mine” I slammed my cup down.

“How does he keep knocking you out?” Brae took a drink

“I don’t know but I remembered stuff last night with out being out cold”

“Was he with you?” Pete looked at me

“Yes” I nodded

“he can still manipulate you honey”

“I might have just found out who and what I am and what I can do but when I was in the Alley with Gregor he believed…”

“Wait you what” Joe turned on me I saw Brae scrunch up his face and look at the floor Pete looked at Brae

“You knew about this?”

“I knew and I picked her up” Brae nodded

“He knows that you’re of age and he knows that you have power” Pete puffed heavily on the cigar “He senses when power is used… how did he…”

“I was talking to Seth and…I fidgeted “I cooled him down”

“How?”

“I held his hand and iced him” I shrugged

“Where?”

“Across the street from the Vandes building” Joe closed his eyes and hung his head

“Star when he came to you was Seth still with you?” I shook my head and watched the looks exchanged between Pete and Joe

“Maybe” Pete mused

“Maybe what?”

“What did he take you to the cemetery for last night?”

“He didn’t, I made him take me… I begged him to take me there when I realized I’d had a funeral” I rubbed the back of my neck “He didn’t want to and he kept asking me if I was sure”

“You shouldn’t have gone you weren’t ready”

“She has as much right to see it as I do” Brae jumped to my defense you took me two days ago and told me what happened

“You knew”

“I know that the Vandes family destroyed what was left of our parents” he looked at me “and how the hell I didn’t rip your Fucking Immortal boyfriends head from his shoulder last night” he ground his teeth “He killed out Father and he may as well of killed our Mother as well her heart broke Star she’d had us taken and she’d had the man she gave everything to murdered after being driven to the point of insanity… Does Seth still rock your world?” the biting tone he used stung.

“Are you so closed minded… he’s trying to help me… he’s trying to make up for killing me when it wasn’t even his fault… He’s not all bad I know he’s not”

“Bullshit you want to get into his bed and he’ll use you for what you are” Brae got up and knocked the chair away “He’s charmed you to get what Daddy wants!”

“You want to go up against me?” I glared at Brae “You really think you can take me?”

“You have no idea do you?” You truly have no idea what he wants you for do you?” Brae crossed the floor and held my arms and shook me “He wants you for stock he wants you to lie in his bed and get knocked up” I shook my head “It’s what you were destined for”

“Brae” Pete shot a warning tone at Brae.

“No I pulled up last night and she was in his arms looking for all intense and purpose DEAD” he snapped “She needs to stop defending this monster” Brae Jolted and shot back across the shop smashing into the pool table. “Fuck OW” his body shock with the charge I’d sent through him.

“Enough both of you” Joe got in between us. Cracks and sparks filling the air round us “Brae never ever handle your sister like that and you” he looked at me don’t you use what you have to hurt the ones that love you”

“Love me is that what you call it… I had more freedom when I was a fucking orphan and I used to get the caretaker of the home coming to my bed when I was 10” My hand went to m y mouth my deepest darkest memory spilled out silence filled the air as Brae picked himself up.

“What?” Pete Stammered

“Nothing” I ran my hand through my hair “We were talking about Seth” I lifted my chin

“Star”

“I will not believe that you think he just wants me to be his baby factory” I shook my head “I’ve been with him enough times for him to do what he want and hell I’ve been in his bed but for him to tell me things he’s done nothing he hasn’t touched me like that. Hell he hasn’t kissed me properly… if I was wanted for that he’d have ripped off my things and banged the ass of me” Brae was still shaking “I saw his grave… I heard what had to say about having to fight our father “

“Killing him you mean”

‘No he went there without bullet he went there and our Father was already Dead” I walked toward Brae

“Bull’

“Seth was shot himself I saw his tombstone I saw the scar right here” I put my hand over Brae’s heart “I swear him cry for hurting me” My voice was a whisper “He’s trying to protect me from something”

“Yeah himself” Pete clicked his tongue.

“Okay why would he call Brae to come get me if he’s so bad, why the hell wouldn’t he take me away with him because right now he’s leaving for Europe”

“How do you know that?” Joe narrowed his eyes at me

“I called him”

“You called him”

“Yes you’d told me you’d put him at the bottom of the hill with your knife in his back remember” Brae smirked “We spoke and he told me to stay close to you guys” Joe raised his eye brows “He told me to stay close for you to protect me because his Father knows I have my abilities”

‘He told you to stay with us?” Pete looked confused I nodded

“He’s willing to go up against the wrath of Gregor to protect me”

“Well bugger me sideways” Joe whistled and scratched his head

“I will stay with you guys until Seth comes back and then I have to see him again… I need to see him” I looked at the three of them “Whether you like it or not I trust Seth Vandes as much as I trust any of you” I turned away from them and picked up my cup My hand was shaking I’d one more than defended Seth I’d thrown my Brother across the room, I knew what they said made so much sense but they didn’t know Seth like I did…………