Memories from the Pier

……………….. Brae and I went back to the shop Joe and Pete still weren’t back from where ever they had run off to. I made a quick dinner before heading for the shower. I blow dried my hair and put on a light make up. Reaching for a long flowing dress and flip flops I jumped as Brae lent on the door frame drinking a beer.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=34393637

“You’re meeting him again aren’t you?” I took a breath and looked at him. “Okay don’t answer that… but answer this has he got you in bed yet?”

“Brae you know the times I’ve seen him and technical I’ve been in his well on his bed” I smiled “but no I haven’t done anything with him”

‘You want to though”

“Okay I’m not going to discuss my sex life with my brother that’s just wronger than wrong” I picked up my cell phone and wallet.

“Star…”

“Brae, can you sense when I’m in danger?” I walked over to him. He nodded “Do you know when I’m scared?”

“You know I do that’s how I found you the last two times” he groaned

“Then find me if you get that feeling” I touched his face

“At least give me a heads up where you’re meeting him so I have some clue” Brae pulled a face “and I’m stating now I still don’t trust him” I started to laugh

“Okay objection duly noted yet again and I’m meeting him at the pier”

‘Good plenty of people around” He chewed his cheek “Okay I’ll behave as long as I get to drop you off there and make sure he’s not brought his family with him”

“You won’t know if he has” I smirk ran over Brae’s lips

“Oh I will you don’t know what Joe’s been teaching me” he winked “So either I get to take you there now or I follow you all night and take him out if he breathes in your direction”

“OMG” I hung my head I wasn’t going to win this one “Fine you get to take me there and then you LEAVE”

“You might want to change into something less accessible” he waved the half finished beer at me

“Okay shut up I’ll keep the dress out of the bike” I knew he wasn’t thinking about his bike “I’ve worn it before riding behind Joe I know what to do” I cocked my head and pushed Brae from the room. We went down to his bike and I got on behind him tucking and holding the skirt of my dress out of the way “I really need to get a car” I sighed as Brae started the engine

“Yeah right you like being on a bike too much” He called out as we pulled away.

I felt excited to see Seth again, there was something good in him I was damn sure of it, the night was cooling from the sweltering heat of the day. The more I’d talked to Brae and the more I’d thought about how good Seth might be the better my mood had become and the weather was changing with it. There was a breeze blowing in from the water cooling it enough to make people want to go walking in the evening to where the live music pulled you toward the water front where vendors were setting up the stalls. We pulled onto the side walk where other motorcycles were already lined up. I leant on Brae as I got of his eyes were scanning the people milling around and the few people playing on the strip of beach we had at the lakes edge. He kept looking round as he took slow controlled breaths while he watched.

“Are we all good?” I asked

“Hmmm” he pulled a slight face and sucked in a breath “Well he’s here” Brae folded his arms and drew his full height and looked irritated as all hell