Confuddled

………………….. I sat down on the side of the tub, okay I could do with Mr. Hot and Sexy to help slow my heart down again the way he had before. I dropped my head, No he had something to do with Gregor, my head snapped back up in my dream he’d been his son… he was Seth, my hand went to the scar, it was his blade that had been embedded in my chest, it was his brother that had hit on me and… oh I had to get out of here nothing made sense my head was beginning to hurt again with all the thoughts that were racing through it. Pete words ringing in my head about staying away from the Vandes family. I jumped as the door knocked.

“Star, are you okay?” oh god that voice was sexy as hell I groaned.

“Yeah” my voice sounded strangled, how was I going to get out of here, hell I didn’t even know where I was. I stood up and reached for the door handle and pulled the door open there was a couple of candles lit in the room as I stepped out Seth was sitting in the over sized chair by the fireplace, he got to his feet.

“You don’t seem okay?’ the concern in his voice was so evident as he stepped forward I took a step back from him and felt the wall behind me.

“I am not going to hurt you” he sounded hurt ‘Please Star”

“I need to leave” I blurted out

“Star”

“Please” the tears spilled over I was scared and confused all over again “Seth Please” he looked shocked as I said his name.

“You know who I am” I nodded “Star I…” he struggled to find words

“Please let me leave” I begged “I want to go home” I wrapped my arms round myself.

“As you wish” Seth sounded defeated he stepped over to me y hand went to my scar he flicked his eyes to my hand and the color drained from his face. “Can I see you again?” he looked at me “We need to…”

“I don’t know” I struggled I was shaking

“There is so much I need…” I closed my eyes and shook my head

“I’m confused, I’m scared as all hell right now”

“I will not hurt you” he repeated

“I have to leave” Seth nodded

“Will you trust me just once more tonight” I looked at him his face lit by the flickering candles reminded me of seeing him in my dream but I felt okay with trusting him he hadn’t done anything other than kissed me once and he’d apologized for that” I nodded slowly “Close your eyes” I hesitated “please” his voice was soft and gentle, I took a shaky breath and closed my eyes I felt arms hold me and I could hear Seth’s heartbeat, the sweet smell that I had smelt assaulted my nostrils and everything went dark.

……………... “Damn it Star” I opened my eyes I was sitting on the wall across the street from the bar, Brae was getting off of his Motorcycle and walking toward me “Where the hell have you been it’s almost dawn… Pete’s all but blowing up the city to find you Joe is arguing with everyone” I looked round searching the people that were leaving the bars along the lake front looking for a glimpse of Seth “Earth to Star” Brae stood in front of me with his hands on his hips. I caught sight of someone standing by a dark SUV before getting in. “How much have you had to drink?” I looked up at him the pissed off face gave way to one of concern “are you okay?”

“I… I…” I tipped my head “Do you have a scar on your back?” his eyes got wide.

“Why?” I got up

“Brae do you have a scar on your back” I was shaking again he pulled of his shirt and turned round among the tattoos on his back was a scar about 2 inches long just below his left shoulder blade “Oh crap” I sat back down heavily on the wall “oh crap, oh crap, oh crap.” I put my head in my hands

“What the hell’s going on?”  Brae pulled his shirt back on and crouched down his hands on my legs “Star look at me” I looked at him and pulled a face

“I kissed you” I groaned “OH I put my tongue…” He put his hand over my mouth

“Okay we know what happened and you need to calm down” he was frowning at me “Are you okay to get on the bike with me?” I nodded slowly “Okay” he didn’t sound like he believed me I stood up with him he put his arm round me supporting me as we walked over to his bike, he pulled his phone from his pocket. “Hey Pete… yeah I found her… shes okay I think… no we’re coming back there” He looked at me “Something happened she looks confused as hell… No I don’t think she was drugged… okay ten minutes” he pushed his phone back into his pocket and got on the bike and waited for me. I looked back to the black SUV the engine was running and the window open a little, I knew it was Seth making sure I was okay “Star” I took a deep breath and climbed on behind Brae… I had a lot of questions that needed to be answered…………………