Where is my safe place

............... “Her what?” Brae sat forward as I held onto the wall

“Hey wedding gown” Joe sat heavily on a chair

“I wasn’t getting married hell I didn’t even dat…” I trailed off as thoughts of Walking with Seth flashed into my mind the words he’d said to me when I’d gone looking for Brae in the opera house the way… the look on his face when I died… something he’d said last night triggered in my mind. ‘You have no idea the pain and hatred I had for myself after you fell your blood pooling round you, I wanted to make it right again but couldn’t. I couldn’t stand the sight of what I had done, to lose you like that was worse than the pain of death, more than the pain of being burned alive, or shot, or drowned… and I should know I tried everything…’. Seth had known he’d known all along that he was supposed to be with me. I slowly shook my head.

“You were supposed to marry Seth and we were there to stop it” Pete walked to the fridge and pulled out a beer and sank it “But things went wrong because of Marco and you’re mother took things to the next level without a second thought when she found that Brae had killed Marco and that Brae had also had his blood spilled” Pete looked at Brae “She lost her control, she’d had Brae taken and she knew you were going to be taken by dawn… she knew she could force Seth to defend Gregor” I put my hands over my ears and shook my head tears ran down my face Pete grabbed me “She didn’t throw the bolt to kill Gregor she threw the bolt to kill you and break the bond”

“No” Brae’s voice all but choked him I pulled out of Pete grip and bolted for the back door tears streaking my face “Star” I kept running this wasn’t right Seth tricked me into his bed to get what he needed, It wasn’t some horrible accident that had killed me, I waved down a cab and Joe and Pete bolted out of the shop after me

“Just go” I literally screamed at the cab driver “get me out of town” He pulled away as they reached the curb I put my head in my hands.

“Where you going hun?” He asked as we headed out of the city.

“High hill Cemetery” I murmured, maybe I’d find some answers to what was happening.

“Damn Weather Huh?” he said looking at me through the mirror ‘Crazy shit last night and then a perfect day turns out like this” he flicked on the windshield wipers as the rain beat a steady rhythm on the cab. I tried to calm down but I couldn’t do it the pain was unbearable my heart felt like it was breaking and my tattoo felt like it was fresh with the stinging and burning sensations “So those goons chasing after you… they your pimps or something”

“Gee thanks do I look like a hooker” I sniffed wiping my tears on my hands.

“No but the wrong side of town and strange shit goes down in the shop”

“Yeah well they’re like my Uncles and I live there” I looked out of the window

“You look like you’re running from them”

“Difference of opinion that’s all” My phone started to ring I looked at it

Me * hey

Brae * what the hell?

Me * I don’t know Brae I don’t know what the hell’s going on, Are you okay? Did pete get the bullet out? Marco’s going to fucking pay for this

I looked up the cab driver was watching me

Brae * Okay you don’t go near the Vandes’s without me

Me * you’re not 100%

Brae * I will be in a few hours. Sis I don’t like all this bullshit and what Pete said about Mom…

ME * Don’t… I can’t think right now Everything’s all fucked in my head

Brae * at least come back here where you’re safe

Me * I’m not anywhere anymore… I’ll be okay and Brae I love you

Brae * St…

I hung up the phone and turned it off

“Man trouble?”

“Oh you wouldn’t believe” I groaned as the cab drew to a halt outside of the gates of the cemetery I handed him some cash and got out and closed the door the rain steadily falling as I pushed open the gates and walked inside. I pulled my hair back and twisted it round on itself as the drops became heavier the closer I got to My Families graves. I sat down between mine and my Mothers and put my hand on the cold marble stone. My head felt like it was fit to burst with everything going on in it. I took a deep breath someone had to be lying none of this made sense the way Seth had made love to me the night before the things we both felt the words he said and I wasn’t convinced he was that good of a actor. Wind whipped round me and I felt my vision cloud……………….