A Surprising Life

Hours pass and we finally made it to Birmingham. We get off the plane and we are bombarded with paparazzi. "Is it true that the lost Prince of Birmingham has returned?" I gave the reporter a confused look. "How does it feel to be the prince's mistress?" I gasped. "Did you sleep with the prince in order to assume the throne?" I'm disgusted by their questions. "Never." I say. The security pushed them back and we entered a car and drove away. "You're going to have to get used to that." Karen says with a smirk. I sat there quietly and nodded. Rhea is still asleep and I'm so regretting the trip. Killian should be home in about 6 days so I'm hoping he listens to my voicemails. We pull up to this huge palace. I gasp. "You live here?" She takes off her glasses. "Beautiful isn't it?" I nod. My was the palace huge. "Oh Rhea will love it here." She says with a smile. We pull up to the driveway and the driver opens the door. I get out with Rhea in my arms and then a maid comes and takes her from my arms. "Wait where are you taking her?" Karen laughs. "You can't be carrying her when you go and see my parents." "But she's..." "Don't worry Emma she will be ok." I nod as I see the maid walking away with my little one. "Come on let's go." She escorts me to a room. "This will be your room while you're here." "Where will Rhea sleep?" "She will sleep in a room on the other side of the palace." I gasp. "No I need her close, I need her with me." She laughs. "Sis that's now how it works around here." I scoff. "Change into something more presentable I mean your outfit literally speaks look-at-Me-I'm-an-American." I scoff. "I am an American." She nods as she looks at me from head to toe. "I am well aware of that." I scoff. "Emma just make yourself a little more presentable." She walks out and closes the door. I sigh and walk over to the window. I see the beautiful scenery and that relaxed me for a bit. Wow did I regret coming. I need Killian, I missed him dearly. I went to my suitcase and I looked over the clothes I had brought. I change into a black pencil skirt with a nice blue top and black flats. I shake my hair a little bit and fixed the ends. I walk out and Karen is out there waiting for me. "Oh there now you look worthy of being a Cunningham." I scoff. "Where's Rhea?" "Oh she's fine calm down, later she will be sent into the room where you're going to talk to my parents." I nod. As we were walking by Karen bumps into a woman. "Flora so nice to see you, what are you doing here?" She asks and hugs her. "Well your parents invited me to stay here for a couple of days." Karen squeals. "This is grand, oh my gosh where are my manners. Flora meet Emma, Killian's wife." Flora's face went from being a ray of sunshine to a look worthy of the dead. "So he got married after all?" Flora says and scoffs. Karen nods. "Unfortunately." I give Karen a dirty look. I look closely at this Flora and not going to lie she is beautiful. She has gorgeous blue eyes and long black hair. "Well we are late for a lunch date with mom and dad." She smiles. "Say hi to them and thank them for kindly offering me to stay here." Karen nods. Flora scoffs as she looks at me and walks away. "Who is that?" She smirks. "Someone from Killian's past." I nod. I think that's the woman who Killian was supposed to marry. He did mention that his parents wanted to arrange a marriage and she was probably Killian's fiancé. I shake my head. Karen smiles at me. "You ready?" I nod. We continued to walk and I couldn't help but be intrigued by all the painting and sculptures that were along the side of the walls. After a couple of minutes we get to the reading room as they call it. I was nervous as can be. Karen smiles at me. "Ok let's go right in." I nod.