Chapter Twenty Six

A/N: go read @mimi_mic's story Anything Could Happen c: she dedicated it to me and I would love it if you guys would vote for it and comment about it and all that jazz just like you do for my story <3

enjoy~

Chapter Twenty Six

"...and now I'm ignoring him."

"You're terrible," Monica cackled as she sped down the highway, some song blaring from her stereo.

"And you're going to be a murderer if you don't slow down." I hinted, releasing my breath and grip on my seatbelt when she slowed down a mile or ten.

"Sorry," she shot me a sheepish grin. "I grew up with two older brothers. They weren't exactly the best role models when it came to driving."

I snorted, though I couldn't relate.

"It's okay. And I'm terrible? What about what he did to Tyler?" I huffed like a child who wasn't getting their way. Monica was my friend; she's supposed to be on my side.

"He gave the kid his job back didn't he? I think you're being a lil bit too hard on the poor fella." Monica tsked, pulling up into the mall's parking lot.

I scowled at my new friend. "But-"

"No buts." Monica interrupted me.

I gaped at her. "You're not my mother."

"Says who?" Monica smirked before stepping out of the car and walking towards the entrance, me a few steps behind her.

"Christ you walk fast for someone in heels." I panted, having to jog beside her to keep up with her pace. "Did your brothers teach you that too?"

Monica sucked her teeth, "No you smartass, seven years of track usually does the job."

Wow. Impressive. Maybe I should start running...

I chuckled to myself in my head. Yeah right. Me, running? Never going to happen.

"What are we getting out of here?" I asked as we weaved through all the teenagers littering the area.

"Some more lingerie. Terrance feels the need to rip them off every time we, ya know, so I'm a regular at Frederick's." Monica snorted as we stepped on the escalator. "You going to buy some?"

I pursed my lips, shaking my head silently. "Liam bought me enough to cloth a whole army."

"See!" Monica exclaimed, gathering the attention of a few pedestrians as we got off the moving steps. "Proof that you're being too hard on your man. That fool would walk over hot coal if it made you smile."

I rolled my eyes but didn't deny the fact. Because it was true. Suddenly guilt washed over me but I hid it well.

After Devon and Tyler left I ignored Liam as he demanded to know what my problem was. Instead I grabbed the pasta I made for Liam, grabbed my phone and left to Monica's house where we ate the Alfredo and then left for the mall.

Liam's been texting me ever since I walked out the house.

"Maybe I should buy something." I hummed, leafing through the lacy fabrics and racy outfits.

"Lemme guess, you want to torture him?"

"Just tease him." I shrugged, biting my lip.

"Hmm," Monica tapped her chin as she thought to herself. "I have a suggestion but..."

I cocked an eyebrow, silently waiting for her to continue.

Monica sighed, "Just promise me you won't freak out."