Chapter Thirty - Epilogue

A/N: thanks to @CoffeeGirlXO & @fangirlmomentss for editing

I switched POVs a lot cx I wanted to cover everything. And i cut scenes more frequently. Cya at the bottom

enjoy~

Chapter Thirty - Epilogue

Ten Years & Some Months Later

I woke up to a small hand gently shaking my shoulders and a three year old whispering in my ear. Only it wasn't a whisper, just Marley actually using her inside voice.

"Daddy...it's time to wake up."

I grunted, refusing to open my eyes, and buried my face into my pillow.

I heard my dear daughter let out a small huff from her perch on my back.

"Youse betta get up or I'm tellin' mommy," she grumbled, shaking my shoulders some more.

"Five more minutes?" I tried to reason, my words slightly slurred.

"Nope. Now getta up."

"You're killing me, Marley," I mumbled, lifting my face from the pillow, my voice thick with sleep. "You need to get off me so I can get up."

Marley jumped off my back with a squeal, landing beside me. She stood up and began bouncing on the bed with excitement, her brown curls bouncing along with her. How she could be so cheery at, I glanced at my alarm clock, nine in the morning was a complete mystery to me.

"Mommy's makin' panna-cakes Daddy, with the yummy syrup Grammy Len makes 'specially for me!" Marley cheered.

Since my older sister and Sabrina's mom had the same name Helen, Sabrina's mom, had all kids call her Len.

"Alright, alright, slow your road, baby," I grumbled, rolling on my back and sitting up with my back pressed against the headboard. I frowned when I noticed Marley's scowl, but I soon caught up and realized my mistake. I opened my mouth to contradict myself but it was too late.

"I not a baby!"

I pursed my lips.

Apparently some little punk at Marley's daycare was raving about how he's a big boy and not a baby anymore. Now Marley puts up a hissy fit if she even hears the word baby. I complained to Sabrina about how we should report that to the school for corrupting our daughter but no, I'm just being silly.

Instead of apologizing, I gathered her tiny body in my arms bridal style and blew raspberries on her cheek, earning ear-covering squeals and giggles.

"Daddy! Stop!" she choked out between giggles.

I chuckled, planting a loud kiss on her cheek before setting her down on her feet on the floor. "I'll go take a shower and be downstairs in a second, okay?"

"Kay!" she chirped before zipping out of the room.

I flipped the covers off and slipped of bed, bending backwards to crack my back.

Damn I'm getting old, I thought as I walked to the bathroom to warm up the shower.

There came a time in every man's life, when he reached a certain age that nostalgia hit. A time when the reminiscing about the old days kept that spark in your eyes and a smile curling up the corners of your lips. It filled me with warmth to know how far I had come in the years since Sabrina stepped into my life. Or since I barged into Sabrina's.

Though there were some changes that I could have lived without, mainly the added wrinkles and the sprouting of a few gray hairs that Sabrina claimed made me look dignified.