Chapter Nine

A/N: ugh. sorry guys :c i tried to make chapter 8 public but it went back to private. blame wattpad. youll just have follow me to read it. but here's a quick update. i wanted to get it out of the way since it didnt have any smut in it.

~

Chapter Nine

**Three Days Later**

"Mr. Whitlock?"

"What," the balding, pudgy Paul Whitlock barked out as he continued to click away on the computer that looked like it seen better days. In the 1990s.

"I need to put my two weeks notice in, I...found another job." As someone's girlfriend.

He froze, his beady eyes snapping up to meet mine. "Two weeks notice?" His voice was disbelieving.

I frowned, shuffling from foot to foot. His little office was hot and stuffy, the comfort zone nonexistent in his presence. "Uh, yes."

Paul barked out a laugh. "You want me to pay you to quit? Consider this your last day Welsh, you're fired. Jimmy told me about you whoring yourself out with some hotshot last month and I've been meaning to get to you about that. Come pick up your last pay check tomorrow."

And he shifted his attention back to his computer. While I stood there shocked. I finally managed to peel myself out of the doorway and back to the dining area, Tonya and Devon too busy pleasing hungry customers to notice me, something I was incredibly relieved about. I rushed to the back and grabbed my phone out of my locker, quickly dialing Liam's number.

He picked up on the first ring.

"Done already baby? I thought you said at 7 today?"

His voice made a lump form in the back of my throat as I tried to hold back the tears.

"Sabrina? Are you alright?" His voice quickly escalated. "Please say something angel."

"M-my boss fired me," I squeaked. "Jimmy, the chef from the night you met me, s-saw, um, us...together-"

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." And he hung up. I threw my phone back in my bag and shut my locker before high tailing it to the restroom to clean myself up. I let the few tears that lingered in my eyes to fall before grabbing a napkin. Once I looked relativity normal I grabbed a pitcher of ice tea and went back to work, avoiding my best friends' eyes.

I told Tonya and Devon the day after yesterday that I planned to quit, and they took me out to eat Mexican food and drink margaritas till we couldn't see straight. Surprisingly they didn't ask why, so I'm assuming they guessed Liam had something to do with it.

"What a lovely bracelet you have on," an elderly woman complimented me as I sat her bowl of potatoe soup in front of her. I blushed but before I could thank her a familiar voice beat me to it.

"Anything for my love," Liam chuckled, his arm wrapping around my shoulder. The old woman beamed.

"Oh to be young and in love..." she sighed wistfully, a soft smile on her face. "You two make a lovely couple. I wish you both the best."

"Thank you ma'am," I giggled half-heartedly as Liam gently pulled me back and lead me to the door that led through the backroom.

"Where's that pig?" Liam demanded, spinning me around until I faced him, his eyes business like.

"Liam it's alright," I frowned, reaching up to cup his cheek. "I just want to go home."

"I just want to talk," he insisted, his strained smile telling me otherwise.