Chapter Seventeen

A/N: happy labor day guys ^.^ aka lazy day. for me, at least c:

enjoy~

Chapter Seventeen

"Come in!" I called over the noisy kitchen as my friends scrambled around to get the food ready before Tonya came over to pick up some shoes I burrowed a long time ago.

Or so she thought.

"Devon! Stop stealing fruit!" Beth whined, slapping his hand away from the platter she arranged. Devon pouted, chastised.

"So mean," he huffed, stomping away to bother Jody, who was seasoning the meat by the sink for Colton to grill. He use to be a cook at the dinner but quit to go to culinary school full time.

"Umm."

I looked up at the sound and beamed. Tyler! He stood at the door way awkwardly, holding a bowl of seven layer dip and a case of soda.

"Hey Ty!" I cheered, skipping over to his side and grabbing the dip. "I can put that in the refrigerator and you put the drinks in the cooler over there." I jutted my chin to the red cooler in the corner of the kitchen, right next to Devon who was trying to smooth talk his way into getting a finger sandwhich from Monica.

"Okay," he murmured quietly and shuffled over there.

"Who's that?" Kelsey, my old neighbor, asked. She was dicing cheese and meat to eat with some crackers.

"Tyler, Liam's assistant." I switched the station on the radio to something more upbeat.

"He's cute," Kelsey giggled, biting her lip as she stole a glance over at him her shoulder. "But young. How old is he?"

"Nineteen."

She wrinkled her nose. "Not gonna go there. He's practically a baby."

I snorted, looking up to see what he was doing and froze. Huh.

"Sabrina! When's T getting here?" Beth asked as she carried a platter to the island.

I dragged my eyes away from the interesting scene and shrugged. "Should be around noon. I didn't give her a specific time."

"I'm so excited," Jody squealed, ever the party enthusiast.

"And what about Liam's friends? Didn't you say he was inviting a couple?" Beth grinned. "Maybe you won't be the only one with a handsome fella around here."

"Am I invisible?" Monica drawled from behind us. Beth giggled.

"Sorry Moni."

"How did you and your husband meet?" Kelsey asked sweetly.

I coughed, hiding my smile behind my hand while Monica cocked a eyebrow.

"You really want to know?" She asked, challengingly.

"Now I want to know," Jody grinned, lifting herself up on the counter, most likely getting flour on the dress she wore to cover her bikini.

Monica smirked. "I met Terrance when I was twenty, in his Physiology class."

The room fell silent. Even Devon and Tyler who were suspiciously whispering in the corner.

"Damn." That was Jody.

Monica snorted and grinned, obviously loving the reactions. "We tried to ignore our feelings for each other but it was hard. And I wasn't exactly making it easy for him."

"What did you do?" Kelsey asked, giddily.

Monica shrugged. "Terrance's the jealous type and I learned that when he 'coincidentally'," she held up air quotes, "showed up to the restaurant I was at for a date. After that he wouldn't leave me out of his sight and told me, quite frankly, that he refused to sit by and have another man touch me."