Chapter Twenty Three

enjoy~

Chapter Twenty Three

When a tall man answered the door to Tonya's apartment, I wasn't surprised.

"Hi Victor," I chirped, tilting my head back in order to see his twinkling brown eyes.

"Suhbreenuh!" Victor cheered in his thick Russian accent. "Long time, no see, yes?"

I giggled, "yes, Victor. How are you? Is Tonya home?"

"Yes, yes, beauty is home and I'm good, would you like to come in?" He asked sweetly, stepping to the side to let me in. I slid in, scanning the living room and kitchen, looking for my little blonde friend.

"Who was that?" Tonya drawled, strolling out of the hallway that led to her room just in time, frowning when she saw me. "What happened? I thought you were in town with papa C."

"Stop calling my dad 'papa C'," I rolled my eyes, plopping down in the armchair. "Have you heard from Devon? He's not answering his phone."

"Why would I call him when I have Vic to bug?" Tonya snorted, sitting on the love seat, Victor quick to claim the spot next to her. "I saw him talking to that one guy at the pool party. Maybe he finally found someone."

I frowned, trying to remember everyone at the party, "what guy?"

"I don't know," Tonya sighed dramatically. "Why are you here anyways? Did something happen to pa- Colton?"

"No, there's apparently a ball I have to attend in a week and I need help finding a dress to wear," I pouted.

"Oohh! Can I come?" Tonya squealed. I smiled apologetically.

"You'll have to pay to get in. It's for charity,"

"Ugh," Tonya groaned, "that's me written all over it. They don't even have to throw the ball, just hand me a signed, blank check."

"You'll probably just draw the infinity sign on it," I snorted.

"This is why we're best friends," Tonya blew me an air kiss. "I can help you though."

I wrinkled my nose. "Thanks, but no thanks."

Tonya narrowed her eyes at me. "What's the problem? I could so help you."

"T, I love you, but your fashion senses aren't up to par," I said gently, standing up, getting ready to leave.

"Victor! Tell her I have terrific fashion senses!" Tonya ordered.

Victor looked the other way. "Eh...eet could use some work," he mumbled sheepishly.

"Bye guys!" I quickly called over my shoulder after witnessing Tonya glare at Victor. Poor guy.

I quickly made my way to the apartment's garage, James already opening the town car's door as I scurried towards him.

"Thanks James."

"Anytime Ms. Sabrina," he nodded at me, a gentle smile on his face. That month in England did him wonders. He was no longer wound up so tight whenever people were around. "Where to next?"

I sighed, "home, I suppose."

"Very well," he murmured, closing the door gently when I slipped inside. I pulled out my phone to see that Devon, finally, texted me back.

D: sorry babe, busy right now. ttyl, I promise!

I texted him back, asking what had him so busy.

D: lets just say I dont kiss n tell ;)

My mouth fell open before I busted out laughing. I guess Tonya was right, he did hook up with someone. I glanced done when I got another message.