Chapter Twenty

A/N: sorry if this chapter seems weird. I had to start over cuz my stupid phone died while i was writing and it didn't save ;-;

enjoy~

Chapter Twenty

When I was nineteen my father was diagnosed with neurological cancer. In a month he transformed from the big and strong dad who would carry me on his shoulders whenever I was little to this frail man who could barely make it to the bathroom by his self. It broke all our hearts as we struggled to adjust to the changes. My parents' bedroom was made over to look like a hospital room in case dad ever came home and I helped mom move all her things to the guest room.

I lost count of how many times I found her asleep on the couch the next morning. Left over tears dried on her cheeks.

"I'm sure everything's fine," Liam's voice broke me out of my thoughts. I blinked and looked at the dash board. Another thirty minutes until we got to Princeton. "Wanna stop and get something to eat?"

"I don't think I could eat right now," I sighed, watching the sky turn from black to a deep orange.

Liam and I got up at five, packed up clothes that would last for the week and left with heavy silence between us.

"Well I think you should," Liam mumbled as he merged into a gas station.

I smiled light heartedly. "What are going to do? Hand feed me packaged sandwiches?"

Liam wrinkled his nose. "Hell no. Only god knows how long that's been sitting there. I was thinking more chips and candy."

"Spoken like a true man-child," I clucked my tongue at him. He simply smirked at me before bounding out the car and jogging towards the little store. I felt my smile slip as I fell back into my mind.

The chemo radiation therapy worked a charm. Dad was finally able to go home but the cancer infected his spine in a way where he was stuck in a wheelchair. The depression in the house affected me so badly that I packed up and ran to Chicago where I now residue.

But things were starting to get better. He was in remission. He'd been doing physical therapy for a year now and could walk to the kitchen and living room with little help. It was going to kill my father to know he would have to start from scratch.

The driver door swung open.

"I got you the red pepper chips you like," Liam grinned, waving the organic bag of chips in my face. I giggled and took them from him.

"Thanks Liam," I gave him a kiss on the cheek and forced myself to eat them for his sake. He would worry himself sick if I went without eating any longer.

"Anything for you," he smiled before starting the car up and driving the rest of the way to the hospital.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"Hello, welcome to Brackenridge Hospital, how may I help you?" The receptionist greeted us.

"Hi," I tried to sound as polite as possible. "My father, Colton Welsh, was emitted yesterday on the oncology floor."

Her polite small smile fell as her eyes clouded with pity. She immediately started typing on her computer.

"Name?"

"Sabrina Welsh."

"Do you have your driver's license?"

I raked through my purse till I found my wallet and handed my ID to her.

"Thank you. And is the gentleman standing next to you your husband?" She asked, reminding me that Liam was, in fact, here.

"Um, no, will that be a problem?"

She smiled apologetically. "Only family members are allowed up when the patient's in ICU. Hospital state rules." I opened my mouth, prepared to argue with her, but Liam interrupted me.

"It's alright. Go. I'll search for a hotel for us to stay in," Liam urged, taking my hand and squeezing it. He ducked his head and whispered in my ear. "I love you sweetheart, just know that I'm there in your heart."

I nodded firmly and pecked him on his cheek. "I love you too."

He gave me one last weathering smile before he walked out the hospital.

"You're so lucky to have a man like him to comfort you during this hard time," the receptionist said genuinely, smiling kindly at me. "Your father's on the fourth floor, room C408."

"Thank you," I breathed, rushing to the stairs with my bag, too impatient to wait for the elevator. By the time I got to the top my thighs were burning and I was out of breath but I still managed to run down the hallway to my father's room, stopping by the door.

"Everything will be okay," I whispered to myself, clenching the door handle in my hand. I opened the door and...

"Daddy?" I squeaked, tears blurring my vision.

Suddenly I'm a little girl again.

My father's eyes flew open and his eyes mirrored mine as he opened his arms. I immediately accepted the silent invitation, hiding my face against his frail neck.

"It's okay baby girl," he croaked, his voice thick from sleep, stroking my back. "Don't cry. Doc said I won't even have to go through the whole chemo-therapy mumbo jumbo. Just half and then I get to go home with a truck full of pills."

"So you'll be fine?" I whimpered, careful not to lay on the tubes connected to his body as I curled up beside him, the bed big enough for the both of us.

"Yes ma'am, your mother already threatened to shoot me if I don't," he chuckled weakly. "Sorry I made ya drive all the way out here. How long you gonna be out here? Did your friends take your shifts?"

I bit down on my tongue. I almost forgot about not telling my parents about quiting. How could I not when they assumed the little three hundred dollar check that was mailed down here automatically was from working at the diner, when in reality I lived luxuriously with my boyfriend.

Guilt washed over me as I clenched my father's hand in my own. "Dad, there's something I have to tell you."

I started from the beginning. From meeting Liam, to running away from him. From our first date, to him offering to take a large load off my shoulders.

My father was quiet during my rambling, the words spilling out my mouth like water. I was too afraid to look at his expression, instead focusing on his skinny chest rising and falling with each breath.

Of course I left out the sex part, mind you. And the contract.

No need to tell my father that I practically sold my soul to the devil.

I hadn't planned on telling my parents anything. Just that I met a guy and that I happened to win a huge donation from some made-up cancer charity event. But...

My father's dying. The unspoken truth that my mother refused to accept. I would die of grief if I lost him after lying to him. Plus Liam's whole family knew about us so why not mine?

"So..." he trailed off, staring up at the ceiling, a couple minutes after I finished talking. "This Liam fella, he offered to pay the hospital bills?"

"Yeah." It was all I could say.

Dad peered at me from the corner of his eyes. "You love him?"

I blushed. "Yeah."

"He treat ya right?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

My father grinned. "Then I guess if its alright with you, if it's alright with me."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Thats it?"

He shrugged his shoulders, or as much as he could. "I trust you baby girl, I know you wouldn't jump into something without thinking... but I'm still going to interrogate him. Can't have him thinkin' I'm a softy."

I snorted. "You are a softy."

"Only when I'm with you and your mother," he winked. "Now tell me more about Leon."

"It's Liam daddy, don't pretend like you don't know that."

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"Where is he? I could just kiss him!"

"Hey," my dad scowled at my over-excited mother.

"Oh hush Colt, I've been married to you for twenty-five years, let me live vigorously through our daughter," mom huffed, putting her arm around my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. "He's in the waiting room. Most likely working."

"Why? He should be up here!" Mom gushed, about to stand up but I stopped her.

"Not yet. We have to wait till dad gets moved down the hall. Only family allowed in ICU."

"I'll go down-"

"Maybe next time," I interrupted her. At least give me the opportunity to warn him about you, I thought humorously.

"Fine, fine. But I'm so happy you're here," she beamed, cupping my cheek. "I've missed my sweetie-pie."

"Maaa," I whined, "you promised not to call me that."

"What about muffin?"

"No."

"Pumpkin?"

"No."

"Apple of my eye?"

"No. And what's with all the food names? Trying to say something?" I grumbled.

"You use to love it when I called you those!" she pouted and added. "And you do look like you gained a couple pounds. Looks good on you. You were skin and bones last time I saw you."

"I was four, I had no choice but to accept those names. And I look the same."

"Nah. You do look a little bit more round," dad stated, studying my face.

"You're face is more fuller. And it's glowing, Liam must really be making you happy," Mom smiled fondly at me.

I frowned. "Are you guys done? I should probably go rescue Liam from boredom."

"You'll be back tomorrow, right?" She asked giddily. "We should be out of ICU by then."

"We're staying all week. Liam booked a hotel for us since its closer to the hospital."

"Good, good, see you later Sabrina," Mom grinned, pecking me on my cheek before I got up to do the same to my father.

"Be here early, I want enough time with Luke," dad grinned cheekily at me.

I rolled my eyes and snorted. "That doesn't even sound like Liam."

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

I sighed when the hot water hit my tensed body, lathering a towel with soap and scrubbing it across my body. Liam had in fact been sitting in the waiting room, typing a storm up on his laptop. Since we left so suddenly he'd been forced to work through his phone and laptop. I'd felt so guilty that I didn't chid him for calling one of his employees a "impeccable idiot" over the phone.

"...and have Vivian Stewart write up the contract for the new client. At least I know she won't screw it up," I heard Liam mutter as I walked into the room, wearing only a towel. He was sitting on the corner of our bed, his legs apart and rubbing his chin with one hand while the other held his phone against his ear.

I padded towards my suit case and rifled through with one hand since the other kept my towel from falling.

"I'll be back before my scheduled meeting with Kellan Jefferson so cancel the one with Frederick and I think that's all... Thank you Tyler, you can have next week off."

I perked up and swiveled my head around to catch Liam's eyes. "Tell him I say 'hi'," I staged whispered. Liam chuckled.

"Sabrina says hi...alright, bye." Liam tossed his phone behind him on the bed as I was tying the silk belt of my robe around my waist. "He said hello," he sighed, his eyes studying my body.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, pursing my lips as guilt cursed through my body over the stress Liam was having.

Liam smiled softly at me. "It's okay love," he offered his hand and I took it, gasping when he jerked me into his arms, his thighs caging me in on either side. "How is he? Sorry I was too busy to ask earlier."

I shrugged. "Fine, or so he tells me. He's breathing on his own and he won't have to do full chemo-therapy so we shall see." I smiled bitterly as Liam stroked my back.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this," Liam cooed, "but I'll always be there for you. Always."

"Always?" I teased lightly, resting my forehead on his.

"Forever," he breathed, rubbing the tip of his nose against mine. "I love you so much."

"I love you more," I stuck my tongue out. He caught it between his lips for a second and released it.

"Impossible," he stated, pulling back to kiss my collarbone.

"Let's go to sleep," I hummed, rubbing his shoulders.

"Just sleep?" he pulled back with a pout. I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Maybe tomorrow," I promised, pulling away from him to crawl on the bed.

"I'm holding that against you Ms. Welsh."

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Morning soon came and I decided to give Liam a break. He had been so good to me lately that I gave him something to wake up for.

"Sabrina..." his voice was a choking sound of desperation, though he was still mostly asleep. The bicep that I had been sleeping on flexed underneath my head as I rubbed against him, and his arm abruptly uncurled so that he could wrap it around my shoulders.

I was pulled back against Liam's body as I continued to move, and I could hear his breathing hitch as he woke up and realized our position. I quickly stilled my movements.

"Sabrina?" He croaked quietly, wondering whether I was awake.

"What's the story, morning glory?" I teased him, letting him know I was aware of the throbbing...issue he was having.

I tried to roll over to face him, but the arm around my shoulder tightened, just as his free hand snaked over my body to cup me between the legs.

A second later the hand that was cupping me between the legs started rubbing up and down roughly, not focusing on any particular part of me, but rather just spreading my wetness up and over my nub.

"Yesss." Liam hissed viciously, as the arm that was underneath my neck and around my shoulders dropped down so his hands could grope my breasts. He started twisting and tugging at my nipples and I yelped and moaned.

Without any warning, and with a flick of his wrist, two of his fingers were pushed inside me, and he began pumping them in and out immediately, my muscles already coiling and releasing at the sensation. I began taking deep, gasping breaths as he worked my tight entrance and my nipples, and Liam's grunting breaths were already in time with mine. I felt like he was impatiently preparing my body for him, and I decided that I needed therapy considering how much that idea appealed to me.

With another dexterous flick of his wrist he was doing something magical against my pelvic bone, and I screamed a loud as I clenched down on him.

I had barely come down from my high when I felt Liam's face pressing into the hair spilling down my neck. His fingers withdrew from my dripping hole while his spare arm cam down to lock tightly around my waist.

"Reach up and hold onto the head board, please. Both hands."

I raised both arms above my head, grabbing one of the bars that made up the hotel bed.

"Very good, Sabrina," he purred his approval at me.

His face had burrowed through the curtain of my hair so he could have his open mouth against the sensitive skin at the base of my neck, and I could feel his hot breath on my there as he added in a whisper, "lying there like that, powerless, defenseless...you belong to me."

I moaned out loudly, agreeing wordlessly and whole-heartedly.

Then, holding my hips apart, Liam pierced himself inside me, filling me to the brim in one go and letting out a sobbing sound into my neck. I barely had time to appreciate the simple perfection of Liam fitting so perfectly in me before he was moving us. He used the arm around my waist and the hand holding my hips open to manipulate me on and off his cock, ramming his pelvis back and forth at the same time, as if even the dual actions couldn't get him in me fast enough, hard enough, deep enough. It was easy to tell that last night he hadn't used even a half of the amount of force he was using now.

"Oh god..." I gasped, the poster girl for articulacy, and began to move my hips back without Liam's guidance, using the hand around the headboard as leverage. He started grunting over and over as I met his slamming cock, bring the hand that was around my hip up to my clit.

"You cum for me..." he commanded in a possessed voice. Every order he gave me seemed to increase my arousal ten-fold, and I made a mental note to tell him to keep that shit up. I was on the brim already, but when he suddenly bit down on the back of my neck, his teeth sinking into my skin and his mouth sucking hard, it tipped me over the edge.

I came over his glorious cock, and he roared my name in relief as he twitched and spilled his seed inside me, having held back his orgasm until I came first.

I could feel him trembling against my back as he came down from his orgasm, his stuttering breathing blowing hotly against my neck and shoulders. I was still frozen in place, my fingers clinging onto the headboard as I gasped for breath.

A/N: all that hospital mumbo jumbo I mentioned, IDK if its right. I was too lazy to check. but anyways. I didn't reread this cuzz I'm still miffed that I had to rewrite everything and yeaaah. iloveyouall