Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N: there's a time jump in the middle of the story and I switch POVs.

enjoy~

Chapter Twenty Eight

Liam's POV

"She'll be up by morning time Mr. Collins," the nurse soothed me as she checked over Sabrina. Her name was Georgia and she was a little bit on the plump side. She had an southern accent that was foreign up here in the north but it distracted me enough from the shit storm that was coming our way. "It's a slow process because we have to reduce the morphine at a certain amount of time."

I cleared my throat, sitting closer to the edge of the bed, "and...her memory? Will...will she still remember me?" I awkwardly asked.

"Why, of course dear!" Nurse Georgia reassured me. "We took a CAT scan. We would've told you if something was wrong."

I sighed in relief before I nodded, dragging my hand over my face. It feels like its been days since I last slept when it's only been a few hours.

I jumped when a knock sounded and swiveled my head around to see Robert standing in the doorway, looking as drained and tired as I was. He was still wearing the button down shirt and slacks he wore from this morning, while I had changed into some jeans and a well-worn college shirt earlier when I had stopped by the house while Tonya and Devon looked after Sabrina to pick up some clothes for her and myself. He had bags under his eyes but his stance was straight and confident.

"If you'll excuse me Ms. Georgia," I murmured, standing up and walking briskly out the room, closing the door behind me. "Well?"

Robert glanced left and right, making sure the coast was clear. It was two in the morning so I wasn't too worried about someone overhearing our conversation.

"We have her. She's drunk so she came willingly. What's the plan?"

I simply stared at Rob. Really?

He smirked, holding his hands up in surrender. "I kid. We can't kill her, someone will notice she's missing."

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't want to kill her."

"Good. But we can kill Jackson's money. He has about five safes scattered around the city. Dumbass," Robert snorted. "They were easily traced and my men are going through the process of burning them. We would've kept the money but I didn't want to take the chance of Jackson's fingerprints being on them."

I nodded understandably. I'll donate to some charity next month to make up for the waste. "What did you find on him."

"Besides the fact that he had three children with women that weren't his wife? He's been blackmailing a few female employees with charges of sexual harassment if they didn't sleep with him. I've already talked with the women and they've all agreed to give a testimony against him." Robert took a deep breath. "That's where you come in. You can charge this fucker with whole list of things but it won't get him more than thirty years in jail. Even then it can be cut short for good behavior and all that other bullshit."

I shrugged, "I don't give a fuck. I'll blackball him so hard he'll wish he stayed in prison. It's that rotten daughter of his I want to destroy."

"Who do you think gave Brit-Brat the resources to make poor James sick and get a new driver in such a short amount of time? Jackson's always been jealous of you, or so says his assistant. He wanted to succeed Daniel, but then you came along and stole it from under his nose. His daughter gave him the perfect chance to hurt you."

I'm vibrating with anger by the time Robert's done proving his point. "What do we do?" I growled the words out, my hands clenched into tight fists.