Chapter Four

enjoy~

Chapter Four

Liam parked the car and leaned over to kiss me on my cheek, his lips lingering as he gave my thigh a final squeeze before he pulled his hand away.

"Later, you have to get change because trust me Sabrina, once I get started I don't plan to let you out of my arms for a long time," he chuckled, slipping out of his car. I grabbed my bag as Liam opened my door, lending me a hand to get out of the car. He wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked to the elevator.

Only to discover that it was under maintenance. Thank God I lived on the third floor.

When Liam and I got to the narrow stair case he gestured for me to go first. It took me two seconds to figure out why.

"Naughty little girl," he muttered as I purposely wiggled my ass, knowing that's where his eyes were trained on.

"Dirty old man," I retorted when we got to my floor. I swiveled my head around to see him gawking at my bottom.

His eyes snapped up to meet mine, narrowing in a playful manner. "And who do you think you're calling old?

"Who do you think you are calling me a little girl?" I turned away from him with a flip of my hair. "I'm a woman."

"Trust me, I know," he muttered.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"The lobster's good," he murmured as I skimmed the menu, occasionally wiggling in the booth to get closer to him. We started at the end but slowly gravitated to meeting each other in the middle, our knees touching.

"What about the crawfish pasta? That sounds yummy," I looked up to see him staring at me with a small smile on his face. I blushed and ducked back behind the menu. I should be use to it by now, he'd been staring at me since I stepped out my room wearing a low-cut deep purple dress that stopped mid-thigh. With so the time limit I only had a quick second to whip my hair in a stylish ponytail.

"I wouldn't know, only you women eat all that silly Italian food," he scoffed.

I raised an eyebrow, still hiding, and said, "but you ate spaghetti last week."

I looked up just in time to see him roll his eyes.

"I was trying to woe you, of course I'm going to eat whatever you cook."

I huffed, placing my menu down, just in time to see the waiter making his way towards us.

"Good afternoon ma'am, how are you this fine day?" The boy flirted, smiling cheekily.

I smiled politely, opening my mouth to tell him we were ready to order, but Liam beat me to it.

"I'll take the steak and lobster special in case you were wondering," Liam stated dryly, his eyes cold and narrowed towards the stricken waiter.

I glanced at his name tag and than back to his face. Paul's eyes widened as they took in the bigger than life man sitting next to me.

"R-right sir, sorry sir, anything to drink sir?" He stuttered out like a scared soldier during drill camp.

"A scotch, and my date would like the crawfish pasta with a bottle of your finest champagne. Also, keep your eyes off her," she's mine. He didn't need to add the last part. Paul and I could hear it loud and clear in his throaty growl.

I didn't know rather I should be upset or turned on at this point.

When the poor boy scurried away, after taking our menus, I turned to glare up at the equally angry man.

"Liam, that was completely unnecessary," I huffed, folding my arms across my chest.

Liam snorted. "Not my fault the boy wasn't doing his job."

I shook my head, my glare turning into a scowl. "You're ridiculous. Just because you're jealous doesn't me you get to go around snapping at anyone who looks at me."

Liam scoffed, "what the hell do I have to be jealous about? He's a waiter, a serviceman, for god's sake, you can't get any lower than that." I gasped at his words. Realization dawned on him as he whipped his head around to face me. "Sabrina..."

I threw the napkin that was on my lap on the table and slid out before he could grasp me and stormed out of the restuarant. By the time I was out the door Liam caught up to me, grabbing my shoulders and spinning me around.

"Sabrina, I didn't mean it," he gasped out.

"Liam," I growled, attempting to duck under his hands but he simply crushed my body to his. "Let me go."

"No," he snapped stubbornly. "I want you too much to let something simple like that ruin this."

I gritted my teeth. "You just belittled me in my face-"

"Correction," he interrupted, "I belittled the waiter, which was still wrong." He sighed. "Please Sabrina, darling, hear me out, I promise to explain everything once we get to my house."

I scoffed, "the last place I want to be is in your home Liam Collins. Take me back to my apartment and we'll forget this ever happened-"

I stopped when I felt his fingers grasp my chin and pull my face up towards him. His blue eyes were cold as they stared at my green ones, his lips pressed in a hard line and his jaw clenched.

"Ms. Welsh we are getting in this car and driving to my home where we will discuss the contract I and my lawyer drew for you and I. We will sit like grown adults and afterwards I will apologize and show you how sorry I am in my bedroom because I'll be damned if you walk out of my life like I mean nothing. I've been patient with you because I understand where you're coming from us-our coming together was all of a sudden-but I regret nothing and want you. I've never wanted for anything in my life and I refuse to start now, am I understood?"

I nodded, not making a sound. His tensed stance relaxed a little as he leaned down to kiss me on my forehead.

"Good. I'll send for the valet to get our car while I go pay and get our food to-go. Stay here, yes?"

Again, I nodded, folding my arms and pressing my hands on my bare arms, suddenly realizing how cold it was on the chilly night. Liam shrugged out his jacket after seeing me shiver and threw it across my shoulders, making sure it wouldn't fall. I gave a small smile in thanks, watching as he paused at a man in a red vest and then proceeded to go back into the restuarant.

I sniffed. Maybe I did need to give him a break, it was an honest mistake, something he would pay for later in life but I have been a mess. I've ran and ran and ran and poor Liam was always there with open arms and his heart on his sleeve. And-

I froze, frowning as I thought back to what he told me. Something about a...contract.

But for what?

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

I didn't get the chance to ask once Liam got back because he still looked a little put out. We sat in the car in tense silence, the smell of fresh seafood my only friend at the moment.

"We're almost there," Liam murmured, his long fingers tapping against the steering wheel. "I'll make us a drink and then we can sit down and eat."

I hesitated, picking at invisible lint off his jacket. "And, um, didn't you say something about a contract?"

His whole body froze before he quickly recovered. He cleared his throat. "I was hoping you hadn't heard that part," he muttered, his eyebrows forwarding into a frown. "Like I said, we will discuss it later."

I opened my mouth to argue but I did a double take at the house we were pulling up to.

"Wow," I breathed. When Liam said "house" I thought he meant a condo or an apartment or whatever it is rich bachelors have. Not this... this mansion. It looked like a home for children and a beautiful wife to maintain.

Oh god, does he have children? With this day and age you never know.

Liam chuckled, putting the car in park and relaxing in his seat. "I know it's a little too much for just a single man to live in but it's home. Plus my family visits frequently," he explained, unbuckling his seatbelt and reaching in the backseat to get our food. "Ready?"

Like I have a choice...

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"Good evening Master Liam...and welcome Ms. Welsh," the driver who picked me up this morning greeted us at the door. What was his name? Justin, Jordan, Jenks...

James!

"Good day to you too James, bring this to the dining hall and set up a couple plates for us, yes?" Liam handed over the food.

"Of course sir," James bowed his head and shuffled away. Once he left I then took notice of our surroundings. We were standing in a foyer with two sets of staircases split by a double door with a chandelier dangling from the high ceiling. There were two, much smaller, more doors as well, one that James disappeared through on our right and another across from it. Everything seemed to be black and silver, with a hint of gold and white.

"Shall we my love?" Liam grinned, placing a hand on my lower back and nudging me to the double doors. "I'll give you a short tour on our way to the bar."

My mouth fell open. "Bar?"

He chuckled, spinning me around until I was facing him, leaning down to rub his nose against mine affectionately. "Oh little Sabrina. You have so much to see."

Once he got the drinks together we went to the dining hall where a long table with multiple chairs sat in the middle. The two plates with steaming food seemed so small sitting alone on the table.

I fidgeted, suddenly uncomfortable. His dining room could easily fit three of my apartments in there.

Liam led me to the table, pushing my chair when I sat down, always the gentlemen. He sat a wine glass in front of my plate and sat down in his seat, pushing his sleeves up. I had abandoned, quite reluctantly, his jacket on one of the many sofas in his hall on the way back from the bar room.

He poured the red wine in my glass and sat the bottle down. He grinned down at me, "you first."

I blushed, picking up one of the gold forks next to me. It felt heavy in my small hands. I stabbed at one of the noddles and dropped it in my mouth.When the rich and creamy texture hit my tongue I moaned automatically.

Liam chuckled, digging into his own food. I stabbed at a curled up shrimp and popped it into my mouth before I turned to Liam.

"Do you have a large family?" I asked curiously.

Liam smirked. "Five siblings, I'm the middle child. The three oldest ones are married and have children already, just me, Anne Marie and Lawrence left."

"Wow," I murmured.

"And with all my aunties and uncles and cousins, you can see why this table's needed."

"And how old are you?" I asked hesitantly.

"Twenty-nine," he cleared his throat, suddenly looking unsure. "Is that...is that alright?"

My eyes widened, "of course. You know I was only kidding when I called you old?"

He nodded, smiling softly at me. "Are you done?"

I glanced at my plate. I barely touched it but my appetite was barely there. "Can I save it for later?"

"Of course, I'll ring James when we get to my office," he stood up and offered his hand. I took it.

This time we climbed the stairs, Liam explaining that this was where all the bedrooms were, plus his office and game room.

I paused to take off my heels, explaining that my toe were beginning to ache. Surprisingly Liam bent down to one knee, instructing me to put my hands on his shoulders to balance myself as he gripped my calf to unbuckle my shoes and slide them off, my heart leaping out of my chest when he pressed his lips against my ankles. My breathing was erratic by the time he stood up, both of my shoes dangling from his fingers, a smug look on his face.

By the time we got to his office I was ready to throw all cautious out the window and jump him.

"You can sit on the couch while I look for the file," he murmured, sitting behind his desk that sat in the middle of the room, gesturing to the sofa pressed against the wall. I shuffled over and looked at his office. A expensive looking computer and knickknacks sat on his desk, picture frames taking up one corner but they were all faced away from me. My fingers itched to see them.

I glanced at the bookcase that took up the whole wall opposite from me. Some of the titles and authors I recognized but others were a complete mystery to me.

"Sabrina?"

I looked over to see Liam staring at me hesitantly. He said my name so softly I barely heard it. He fidgeted with the papers in his hands before standing up and walking towards me.

"I just want you to know you can say no and that this won't in any way damage our relationship. It's just a little piece of mind," he murmured, handing me the papers. I took them, slowly reading the printed words while listening as he continued to ramble. "And it's not permanent. Just a few legal things and a safety net in case this doesn't work out. I don't want you walking away with nothing but I can't let you have everything." He ran his fingers through his hair.

My hands started to shake the more I read. My head snapped up to meet Liam's eyes. "Liam..." I trailed offed. This could not be happening. "What is this?" I asked even though I knew what it was.

He shoved his hands deep in his pockets. "I want you Sabrina, and like I said before, I've never wanted for anything in my life. You have a financial problem, and I have the best solution... Be my paid girlfriend."

A/N: oh no she didn't... Don't worry my dear readers:) I'm already working on the next chapter so dont expect to wait so long.

~