Chapter 23-Don't you Worry Child

Guinevere hated every step and every breath she took walking with him.

She knew that this was her fate and that she had to accept it sometime. She found herself thinking about her past.

She remembered the day that her father had been on the bottle and he was constantly yelling at her over and over again. "What would anyone see in you..You're pathetic..You don't bother going to school..You're just a useless selfish cow that's what you are." 

That was the day she ran away from home and stayed for a while in an open field near the woods. Being near nature made her happy and helped her feel safe but she knew that she couldn't stay there forever so eventually she returned home.

 Being near nature made her happy and helped her feel safe but she knew that she couldn't stay there forever so eventually she returned home

However when she did her father was on his fifth or six bottle and before she had time to react he went for her with a pan. 

She shivered feeling the strikes of her father's attack but even in the present day..Here and now It felt more real to her than it was that day. She had never allowed herself to process what had happened.

Charles Chapman looked at her noticing the tears rolling down her eyes

Charles Chapman looked at her noticing the tears rolling down her eyes. "Are you okay?."

She wiped her tears with the back of her hand and sneered at him. "What do you care anyway.. I'm effectively your prisoner now."

Charles groaned in reply. "Oh Come on Guinevere.. Don't be like that because I genuinely do care about you make no mistake about that."

Guinevere halted in her tracks staring at him. "For god's sake Mr Chapman.. If you did care about me then you would let me go."

He smirked at her. "Firstly you can call me Charles since we are getting married anyway and secondly Do you want me to be honest with you?."

She nodded. "That would be good...Charles."

He takes her into an empty room closes the door and sits down at an empty desk.

"We all have a past..That's what you was thinking about right?."

She frowned in reply. "How..How did you know?"

How did you know?"

He sighs. "Because I had one too.. I was married once a long time ago."

She laughs half heartedly. "Let me guess she divorced you?.."

He rolled her eyes at her. "Actually she died..And I created this facility looking for her ever since and that's when I found you Gwenivere.."

He held his hand out to touch her face. "You look so like her..In so many ways."

She slapped his hand. "Don't touch me." She let the information sink in for a moment. "Wait are you telling me the reason you wanna marry me is so that I can become you're dead wife."

He looks up at her

He looks up at her. "God.. When you put it like that it sounds insane."

She nodded. "Charles..That's probably true.. She's dead Charles and you have to move on."

He gets up from the chair frustrated placing his hand on his forehead looking at her annoyed. "Don't you think I've tried?..Seriously What would you have me do because there is no turning back now."

She sighs at him. "Isn't it obvious? You can let the girls and me go."

He shakes his head at her. "I Can't.."

She looks at him confused. "Of course you can just send them back to their timelines...What the hell is stopping you?."

He shrugs. "I don't know..The Police for a start."

Gwenivere snorted. "Since the moment I met you.. I put you down as the type that isn't scared of the police."

He looked at her realising that what she said was true. "You're right..Come on."

She folded her arms. "I'm not going anywhere until you be honest with me about one thing."

He taps his foot impatiently. "Go on then.."

She stepped toward him. "You were never going to let me or the girls go were you?.

He smirked. "No I wasn't." 

He grabbed her by the arm and dragged her out of the room. Guinevere realised that he did have a jekyll and Hyde personality and that he was capable of honesty. She just had to work out a plan and fast.