Chapter 2

Charles Chapman talks to his receptionist Lisa who helps run the place in his office. He sits down at his desk and Lisa moves toward him to stand opposite him.

Charles empties his throat. "Is our new patient settled in?."

Lisa nodded "Yes sir.. Would you like me to go and fetch her?."

Charles nodded "Yes.. Perhaps we should give her the usual welcome."

He smiles at Lisa "Do me a favour.. Inform me of any protesters outside the gate.. The last thing I need is to make any more people disappear before people start asking questions."

Lisa smiles "Of course sir."

She goes to fetch Guinevere and a few minutes later she returns with Guinevere in chains with two men holding her as if she was a danger to the public. "Ow get off me."

Charles gestures to the men and Lisa to leave them. "I apologise for the rough handling.. You see I'm in the business of doing everything quickly."

He gestures to her to sit down. "Take a seat Guinevere."

She frowns "Why am I here.. How did I get here?."

He shrugged "You want the truth?.. You was drugged.. I brought you here."

She frowns "Why?."

He grins "Because Times have changed.. Times that you can barely imagine.. These times mean you cannot tell another lie."

She snaps "Spare me the trivial riddles and tell me what I'm doing here."

He smiles "Tell you what.. Why don't you find out from the other patients themselves and then come back and talk to me..I'm sure you'll find it revealing."

He shouts for Lisa. "Lisa Take Guinevere here into the Patients room."

Lisa nodded "Of course and by the way sir.. There's no problems as yet sir.."

Chapman grins "Excellent.. Everything is running as it should..Take care of Guinevere here, This one is precious."

Lisa winks at Chapman knowing what he meant as if it was an inside joke between them.

Lisa and Guinevere leaves the room whilst Guinevere was unaware that her fate had just been decided.