Chapter 17

As Guinevere walked into the room with Chapman's assistant she instantly felt liberated.. She thought she had won.

Maybe now I will have freedom and he will let the girls go?." She sighed knowing that Chapman was one of those people who would never give up even if the answer is No.

"I guess you asked me here because you made a decision?.."

He nodded "You guessed correctly Guinevere."

She waited impatiently. "And?."

He smiles at his assistant. "Leave us alone please."

As his assistant leaves, He walks closer to Guinevere. "I thought about it a lot.. Long and hard but the question is.. Is it really worth losing everything I built up to marry you?."

Guinevere gasps in surprise. "But I thought that's what you wanted?."

He smirks "Yeah I do but at the cost of years of hard work?... Mm I don't know.."

Guinevere sighs "What do you want?."

He grins. "Now you get it!.. I want a deal."

Guinevere frowns "What kind of deal?."

He smiles and walks around his desk and pulls out a bottle of whiskey out of his desk drawer and grabs a glass out of the drawer which he pours the whiskey into.
"I'll let the girls go back to their own time if you stay and marry me and if they agree to say nothing of what went on here."

Guinevere frowned "You really think I want to stay with you?.. I want to go with them."

He shrugs "You don't have a choice.. Either you Marry me and I let them go or You marry me and stay Imprisoned with you friends for the rest of your life."

He walks past her to his office door. As a parting shot he smiles. "Either way.. I win!."

He closes the door behind him and locks it. "A little thinking time is exactly what she needs."