Chapter 27

Natsu's P.O.V

We have to win this. Everyone is counting on us. Especially Lucy.

Coach called me, Laxus, Stripper, Jellal, and Freed in first.

I was about to go on court until Luce ran up to me.

"Good luck." She kissed my cheek and ran off giggling. I blushed a dark red.

"E-Eh what?" Was all I could mutter.

"Yo pyro, get in the game!" Gray smirked at me.

"R-Right! I'm all fired up now!" I said.

Lucy's P.O.V

"Lucy, what was that?" Lisanna asked me.

"Just... Boosted his confidence." I smiled.

"Well let's go!" Erza said. We ran onto the side of the court cheering them on.

Natsu's P.O.V

We finished the first quarter of the game, Sabertooth was winning, dammit. The score was 16-8.

"Well Natsu, looks like your little Lucy is ours." Sting said, I grit my teeth.

"Don't count us out yet." I said.

"Natsu, Jellal, and Bickslow I'll have you sit on the bench!" Coach yelled. I grit my teeth and sat down, Lucy came over to me, I blushed from remembering the earlier incident.

"Hey Natsu, I know you're stressed because Sabertooth is our biggest rivals. And Sting said what he said." I stayed quiet. My bangs were covering my eyes. "Just so you know whatever happens... I'll be alright. Everyone will..." She smiled at me, but it was a fake smile. I could tell there was sadness in her eyes. I grabbed her hands.

"Don't you dare give up hope! I promise you Lucy, we will win this! You won't go with these bastards!" I said to her, tears left her eyes.

"Natsu... I know... I believe in you..." She said, and left.

-Time Skip-

It was the last minute in the game, the score is 30-28, we need a shot to tie it and play over time or we make a 3-point shot and win.

30 seconds and we have the ball. I looked at Lucy, tears... Tears left her eyes.

"Elfman over here!" I shouted. He passed it to me I made sure I was behind the 3-point line I smirked.

"5..." I dribbled. "4... 3... 2..." I shot. "1!" It made it in the hoop, I smirked, everyone cheered. Lucy ran up to me and hugged me.

"So did my self confidence kiss help?" I blushed.