Chapter 8

Natsu's P.O.V

'Shit I screwed up bad.' I thought.

I made Lucy cry. She saw her parents die in front of her. Shit I'm screwed if Jellal or Erza found out I made her cry.

I ran out of the hallway looking for her, I bumped into someone. Shoot... It was Erza.

"Hey watch it will y- oh sorry Natsu I didn't know it was you. Are you heading to class?" She asked, I nodded quickly.

"Y-Yeah I'm on my way, bye!" I said, I ran outside.

"Luce!" I yelled, hoping she was out here.

"What (sob) do you (sob) want?" She said in between sobs. I looked over to see her crying her eyes out in front of a tree.

"H-Hey Luce, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I said, it was really awkward for me trying to comfort her.

Lucy's P.O.V

I can tell Natsu was trying to comfort me, it didn't work, I didn't want to talk to him. But I felt guilty for slapping him and probably and embarrassing him in front of the school.

"G-Gomen." I whispered shakily. I could tell it caught him off guard.

"I didn't mean to embarrass you... I was just upset." I sobbed.

"Do you want to talk?" He asked me. I nodded a little, I thought I didn't want to, but my heart chose differently.

-Time Skip-

"Ok, so now that you have calmed down, tell me what you need to." Natsu said, I gave a simple nod and started.

"My life changed about 10 years ago..."

-Flashback-

There I was sitting in my chair sobbing because of my mother's death, she had died protecting me from my father. The door slid open I was afraid, afraid of my father, but it wasn't him, it was 2 police officers.

"Little girl, your father has died, he won't be harming anyone anymore." My father dead, but I was scared, scared of my new life.

"Don't worry you're going with 2 new parents, Mavis and Zeref Vermillion." I didn't expect to have a new sister as well as parents. I had walked out of the mansion to meet my new family.

"Hello Lucy, I'm Mavis, this is Zeref, and this is Erza, we got her two days ago from the tower of heaven." The short blonde woman said, I nodded slowly.

-1 Year Later-

I got really close to my new family and we had new friends that's how I knew Jellal and Levy. My mother, or Mavis, taught me amazing things, how to cook, sing, and play instruments, my favorite was the piano. Me, Erza, Levy, and Jellal all played together.

-Another Year Later-

Since Levy and Jellal were staying at their grandparents house, and since Levy had her parents because Jellal's had died, Levy had to leave for some programs for the smarter and mature.

-2 Years Later-

My parents were walking down the street, but a man came by just after robbing a nearby bank, he held a gun at Mavis's head. I ran out, Erza told me to stop, I kept running.

"Girls go back inside!" Zeref yelled, I didn't listen. The man threatened me, and Mavis, Zeref had tried grabbing the gun but it shot twice killing both Mavis and Zeref.

-Flashback Over-

"Ever since then, I was mute...